Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1

From MSDN:

"This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)."
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp
0
VladTheImpaler
10/7/2003 2:08:20 PM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Works just fine for me.  And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003......
0
knezek
10/7/2003 6:51:21 PM
I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever.  As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm.
0
BurKaZoiD
10/8/2003 4:05:56 AM
VladTheImpaler,

MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003).
If that was right, (as you installed 1.1), you should have been rejected from Check to see if you have the .NET Framework Installed here.
Check you don't use VS.Net 2002 with 1.1
view post 316424
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

window.history.forward(1) or history.go(1) doesn't work in IE 7 to prevent back button, works in IE 6
Hi, I know the issues has been beat to death, but hack below worked ok in IE6. However it doesn't work in IE 7, any ideas on how to replicate the same functionality in IE 7? <body onload="window.history.forward(1);" or history.go(1)  Thanks for any suggestions or pointers.   Hello, I tried and found that the javascript works on my pc, I am also using IE7. Make sure that the javascript is enabled by IE7. JessicaJessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a ...

IE Web Controls doesn't work properly
Hi, I have Miscrosoft .NET Framework version 1.0.3075 and Miscrofoft Development Environment 2002 installed on my PC. After installing IE Web Controls I copied Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll under sampleapp directory (under c:\Inetpub\wwwroot) then I tested it in IE 6 with URL - http://localhost/sampleapp/tabstrip.aspx. Tabs are not clickable at all. Can anyone explain what I did wrong? Thanks Think you lack this: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp\webctrl_clientDNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I don't think I need copy webctrl_client under fold...

My web sites don't work after reinstalling .NET 1.1
I have recently had a computer meltdown, so I've had to reinstall everything on a new hard disk. I have completely reinstalled the .NET framework (1.1) and have got my old sites working from my local IIS server apart from the ones written in ASP.NET. What's weird is the QuickStart tutorials (supplied with the ASP.NET SDK) all work. My old ASP.NET sites aren't doing anything very clever, they are in the C:\InetPub\wwwroot dir but will not process the .aspx pages inside. I've tried putting a simple text.aspx page in with a simple 'Response.write' but they don't process ASP.NET code. It's pro...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

Download IE Web Control, but no dll seen, doesn't work on my page
HI! I have downloaded the IE Web Control through Microsoft site and ran the build.bat file then copy the Runtime folder to my Web Application's Bin directory. However, I got an error: File or assembly name Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Probaly couldn't find the IE WebControl.dll. Any Advices? Thanks More info: The Batch file in Command viewer runs very quick. I quickly caught that it says csc is not a recoginzed command .... Maybe that's why the dll was not generated even though the build folder was created. ...

can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem? Please do not post messages twice. view post 372891DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

can't use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET . The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color was gray. And I can't use it to design. what's the problem? You use VS.Net 2002 or 2003? Have you seen error messages? What does the code look like?DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I have solved the problem. I took system controls for IE Web Controls. thanks for your reply. Mandy, I have the same problem with my machine too. I use VS.NET 2003 and am able to see the IE Web...

Repeater Containing Custom Control Doesn't Work With Page ViewState On Unless I Don't ReBind...
I have create a custom composite drop down list control that does not save view state for all properties.  There is a requirement that this contol work in a Repeater.  I have tested the contol in a repeater in various ways.  This is my first post ever, so I apologive if I have provided too little, too much or the wron info. Note: The Repeater was always created in the aspx file.  1) Page.EnableViewState = true , and my control added to the repeater programmatically via the ItemDataBound event. 2) Page.EnableViewState = false, and my control added to the repea...

IE Web Control TREEVIEW doesn't behave as expected in IE6
hi, I've installed IE Web Controls and copied all necessary files within my VS web project. However when I run the aspx file the treeview on it just displays plain text and not a treeview. Does anyone had the same problem? What can be wrong? All support is welcome... Erwin Erwin, Sounds like you need to RTFM. Also, post all information you've got on your implementation as there are many ways to implement a treview using the webcontrols. It would help if you post your code otherwise nobody can make an educated comment on where you've gone wrong. Stephen You should ...

Web Matrix Reloaded (0.6) doesn't recognize .NET Framework 1.1?
Does the new version of Web Matrix support the 1.1 framework? I've got both Web Matrix (0.6) and the 1.1 framework installed on my machine and it still recognizes the 1.0 version. Is there a parameter somewhere I need to change? C I'm running it fine on my machine with 1.1 on it. I only have 1.1 on my machine, so I don't know if it would default to 1.0 if you have both. But I know it seems to work okay with 1.1 so far. Right now the .6 release supports both V1 and V1.1. The issue raised above is that by default if you have both versions installed it is defaulting to V1. This...

Web form controls don't position correctly using non-IE browser
Hi, Web form controls (Labels, textbox etc) don't position correctly when browsed with non-IE browsers.  They are fine with IE.  Is there a way to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance. Tom    ...

'Tab' control 's visible doesn't work.Why?
I use tab control in my applition. And I set visible=false, but it doesn't work. my code is: ----------------------------------------------- <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />  <div>   <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tabs" Height="138px" ActiveTabIndex="0"    Width="402px">    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Tab1" Visible="f...

Do I have to have the NET 1.1 SDK to use ie web controls??
I have downloaded ie web controls and installed them, but the dll that is mentioned is nowhere to be found on my drive. Then I read that you must have the .NET SDK installed. That's another 190 MB, is it absolutey required?? I hate putting all this bloatware on my PC. view post 827685DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Web resources about - Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1 - asp.net.ie-web-controls