What hosts is most like developing locally (IIS7, can use management studio, can use IIS manager) ?

Nothing worse than having to use some asp.net page to do queries. With IIS7 is there some hosting that makes me feel like i am developing on my local box and using the tools mentioned above?

http://punkouter.spaces.live.com
http://simplecoder.net
0
punkouter
7/10/2008 3:27:01 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at Discountasp.net great company and no problems with remote access.

Also seem to offer good deal wirh 3month or 6 month off, take a look at http://www.discountasp.net/signup/special/6f87s/

Hope it helps

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh
7/10/2008 4:06:45 PM
+ 1 for discountasp

-Kilko
Recommended Hosts: Softsys Hosting & DiscountASP
0
kilko
7/10/2008 4:26:04 PM

Hello,

What tools? "makes me feel like i am developing on my local box" - I can't understand what do you mean.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
7/10/2008 5:19:31 PM

Take a read in the subject line. Clue (IIS7, can use management studio, can use IIS manager)

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh
7/10/2008 6:11:19 PM

Hello,

Yes, but usually hosts are for hosting, not for developing :) Maybe VPS or Dedicated server will give you this feeling.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
7/10/2008 6:26:33 PM

Think you are missing the point, I bet the issue is the ease that you can role out new code and databases.

Ever had to deploy sql database's with no remote access? Or copy and or update large amounts of data?

If the answer is no, then try it and I am sure you will understand the issue and question a lot more.

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh
7/10/2008 6:31:19 PM

Hello,

It depends on the database, if it's really large you definitely need a dedicated solution.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
7/10/2008 6:47:47 PM

like jeremy said

i just want to be able to use the same tools as I do when i am developing locally.. thats all I really meant..

And I was listening to a podcast about IIS7 and how you can control it like you are there.. or something... anyways ill try that hosting site mentioned above

http://punkouter.spaces.live.com
http://simplecoder.net
0
punkouter

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Which is the best hosting company that i can use to host my classifides starter kit.
At preset i am using Indian hosting as my hosting company but the service is not good and i am facing a lot of problems running my classifides starter kit. can anyone please give me the details of a good hosting company on which i can host my classifides starter kit with ease and with no problems or with little effort. Thanks in advance.RegardsHumayun Khan I use godaddy, and for the most part it's pretty easy.The hardest was connection strings to connect to the databases.With godaddy you will need the deluxe package with 2 mssql databases.And if you do a search for godaddy and my...

can Gecko be used as Windows Manager in Linux CLI as it is used in B2G?
I was thinking of using building a desktop environment that was build using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have read about Firefox OS and i know that Gecko is used as a Windows Manager in it. So i want to use it to make DE for my desktop. Does this kind of project already exists ? I can use some clarification in it as i'm confused about how will gecko sit on top of the kernel and how will i program my DE(Desktop Environment). It will be really helpful if some link regarding the same is provided. ...

Can gecko be used as a Window manager in Linux CLI as it is used Firefox OS?
I was thinking of using building a desktop environment that was build using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have read about Firefox OS and i know that Gecko is used as a Windows Manager in it. So i want to use it to make DE for my desktop. Does this kind of project already exists ? I can use some clarification in it as i'm confused about how will gecko sit on top of the kernel and how will i program my DE(Desktop Environment). It will be really helpful if some link regarding the same is provided. On Sunday, December 7, 2014 4:30:20 AM UTC+5:30, Ankit ladhania wrote: > I was th...

Can I use server sockets to host a local file?
Hi, I'm working on an extension at the moment that replaces a page's flash video player with a different flash video player. ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8280 ) Flash has a security limitation in that if the flash .swf file is hosted locally, then it is only allowed to play local flash videos; conversely, if the flash .swf file is hosted externally (online), then it can only play online flash videos. This means that I need to host the players used in the extension online: http://code.google.com/p/gmflowplayer/ I'm hoping to use the server sockets ...

How can I set an application in IIS when I use a remote hosting?
I plan to install a web-based help desk software (http://www.readydesk.com/  Made by ASP.NET 2.0) into a sub folder under my site (made by ASP.NET 2.0)From the manual http://www.readydesk.com/ReadyDesk%20User%20Manual.doc  I find the following infoReadyDesk must be setup as an application in IIS.  The installation program should have done this for you, but if for some reason it did not you will need to do it manually.  To do so, open IIS manager and navigate down to the ReadyDesk directory, right-click on it and choose "Properties".  On the "Directory&...

Can anyone guide me how to host a website using IIS
hii am a beginner in asp.net(c#) and i know how to create virtual directory in IIS and i want to know how i can transfer my IIS virtual directories to my webspace? Might need to explain a bit more.  Are you using a hosted service and want to transfer your application to the host?  If so, try one of the other forums, maybe the Getting Started forum for ASP.NET, since you're not running a hosting operation.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Can we download our database using Sql sever management studio...?
Hello guys! hope all of u are doing fi9! Today, i have a question that most of u might find very simple and stupid. But I and um sure most of people like me would have this problem.I a running a website! in which i have made forms to update my database! since um updating my db from forms for last 6months, so i dont have the current file of database on my local machin. recently i learned to use Sql server managemt studio to manage my DB from my local machine!What i found to know is that Is there a way to download my whole DB to my local machine! so that i would have a copy of it on my lo...

Can not login when using ASPNET membership database on host server, but local?
Hi I have developed a small test web site in VS2005 Web Developer Express and have used the MS ASPNET database in App_Data for managing users, roles etc. I have also tested setting permissions on folders like "/admin" only available for role "Administrators" etc. And it works fine on my localhost machine. I shall say: using the built in web server in VS, with dynamic ports. The authentication works fine, when prompted with login page I just logon and gets access to the secued pages. On my hosted web server I have a "real" SQl Server 2005, so therefore I have s...

Can I not open DotNetNuke project using Visua Studio .Net 2002?
Hello Everybody, When I try to open DotNetNuke.vbproj  file in Visual Studio .Net 2002, I get the error message saying that "The project DotNetNuke.vbproj was created with a newer version of Visual Studio which is incompatible with your version." . Should I use Visual Studio 2005? Does it support Asp.Net? Regards, Sharanya   Which version of DNN are you using? It should be openned really in any version of VS.NET.  Try manually editing .vbproj file. Well, in VS2005 there are nice migration tools. Just get it Roma It's probably a .NET 1.1 (VS 2003) project. You might try...

why can i not see my databases that i am using in visual studio in sql server manager?
why can i not see my databases that i am using in visual studio in sql server manager? can anyone help. Maybe your database file is in the App_Data folder of your web-app and you're using a user instance to dynamically attach the database if the web-app starts?Servus,KlausI haven't the faintest idea, but great many therefrom.klaus_b@.NET Yes my database is in the App_data folder of my web-app. but i can't see it in sql server manager. Do you know why not and how i can get to see it in sql server manager. AFAIK are the DB's, are generated in the App_...

can I run .Net v2 pages on a host that uses 1.1?
I'm making a site so far have been using .net 1.1 on my test server and my Host on the Net has 1.1432 so all is fine as far as that's concerned, but I've been trying out the .Net Framework beta 2.0 which I find far more intuitive. Is it possible to use a web application I build using beta 2.0 on a 1.1 host? Or do I need to ask my hosting service to add this functionality? Your server/host will have to have the .NET Framework v2.0 installed. Don't hold your breath for this anytime soon, since beta 2 isn't even released yet. I can't imagine hosting companies rolling out v2.0 until Q4 of ...

Can I use ASE .NET Managed Provider with Sybase 11.9
I have a simple question. Can I use ASE .NET Managed Provider with Sybase 11.9? Thanks Hi You can try but it is not certified on any ASE prior to 12.0 There are no plans to so otherwise. The 11.X is EndOfLife so testing will not be performed at that level. pv <Val Mazur> wrote in message news:409bba1e.56a9.1681692777@sybase.com... > I have a simple question. Can I use ASE .NET Managed > Provider with Sybase 11.9? > > Thanks OK. Then another question. Can I use it with Sybase 12.0? I cannot find any official document about it Val > Hi >...

Web resources about - What hosts is most like developing locally (IIS7, can use management studio, can use IIS manager) ? - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Developing country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kofi Annan , former Secretary General of the United Nations, defined a developed country as follows. "A developed country is one that allows ...

Tips For Developing Facebook Applications
There are many reasons for the immense popularity of Facebook, and one of these is the use of various applications . Most Facebook users have ...

Securely Developing on Mobile - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Securely Developing on Mobile geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Simplifying Policies to Make Developing with Platform Better
Simplifying Policies to Make Developing with Platform Better

Tips for Developing a Successful Facebook App by Zachary Allia, Maker of “Free Gifts”
Thousands of Facebook apps have been developed so far, but only a few have skyrocketed into the user stratosphere like Free Gifts. Currently, ...

SWAT situation developing in Kirtland - KRQE News 13
Authorities in Kirtland, New Mexico say a SWAT situation has developed.

Search Twitter - developing
... because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Dan Lyke @ danlyke 1m Three. Thousand. Years. Developing ...

If you're developing web apps, you're nuts if you aren't using Font Awesome. Seriously.
... a sauce. And they're fun! We're lucky because Font Awesome is such a great collection of icons. And it keeps getting better. If you're developing ...

Stanford’s ‘Developing iOS 8 Apps With Swift’ Class Now Available Through iTunes U
Pretty cool that something like this is available free of charge.