Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?

I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu.  My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu.  I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this?
Mike
- Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier!
0
mlibby
5/17/2004 9:20:02 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are two articles that you would want to be interested in:

http://aspalliance.com/350
http://aspalliance.com/359
-- Justin Lovell
0
master4eva
5/18/2004 4:56:03 PM
Awesome headway!!! Still need some help though.

The following code snippets shows how to configure and display ASPNetMenu via another web server control:
=============
// Note the parent aspx page still needs to set the .css file.
using CYBERAKT.WebControls.Navigation;
public class MyMenuTest : WebControl
{
protected CYBERAKT.WebControls.Navigation.ASPnetMenu _menu;
{
Controls.Clear();
_menu = new CYBERAKT.WebControls.Navigation.ASPnetMenu();
_menu.ID = "m_" + this.ID;
_menu.TopGroup.Items.Clear();
_menu.MenuStyle = CYBERAKT.WebControls.Navigation.ASPnetMenuStyle.ClassicVertical;
_menu.MenuData = "Menu.xml";
_menu.EnableViewState = false;
_menu.ExpandDelay = 300;
_menu.ShadowEnabled = true;
this.Controls.Add(_menu);
}
protected override void RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)
{
_menu.RenderControl(writer);
}
}
==================
The problem is that child menus are offset too far from the parent menu. They are about as far over horizontally and down vertically as MyMenuTest is from its containing web page borders.
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas,
Mike

- Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier!
0
mlibby

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

html server controls and web server controls
hello what is the difference between html server controls and web server controls? what is the main goal of converting html elements to html server controls , so why i can directly use the web server controls instead of converting process? thank you for the help and for the time If you convert a normal html control to a html server control then you can work with and reference it programmatically. MS advises using web controls where possible. But if your application uses vast amounts of html controls its far easier to just apply runat="server" than to re invent them a...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control
 HI, I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.Thanks in advanceVikram Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  The difference is that html server controls have syntax and rendering closely mapped to html objects.  Where as web server controls have more relation to the .NET Framework. Web server controls have a richer and wider range of special purpose controls.  Calenders, tree views, etc.. If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.  Is that the only difference...

HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls?
How does one understand when to use HTML Server Controls & when to use Web Server Controls in a Web Form? In other words, when should HTML Server Controls be used & when should Web Server Controls be used in a Web Form?ThanksRON*********If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas Web Server Controls should always be used. HTML Server controls were meant so that a standard HTML page could ...

No server controls on web server
Hi, I built an ASP.NET site with the MS ASP.NET Web Matrix editor and "published" it to a remote server.  I can launch the home page, but no server controls are visible.  After reading similar problems in this forum, I created a /Bin folder and copyed the WebMatrix dll from my PC to the server.  Again, no server controls.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Tom Hi Tom, if you create a simple page that doesn't use server controls but does a response.write(DateTime.Now) does it show up in the browser? If not I don't think that your provider supports asp.net. There's al...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Deploy IE web control on server host by other Web Presence Provider
Hi I wonder how can I set up the IE web control if I want to deploy the web application which uses the IE web control on another Web Presence Provider ?? Because if I host my web application on my localhost, the there is the web_ctrl directory in the Inetpub\wwwroot\, but how about if I want to host in another web server. Any help please. Or it is better if you can tell me the articles in the internet. Thank's a lotShoot for the moon and if you miss, you'll still be in the stars view post 233519DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source.
How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source. Normally, We can add a Web server or HTML server controls to the template in GridView control,just like the Code 1I hope to do the same thing by programming (just like the Code 2), but I can ony add the BoundField,I don't know how to add a CheckBox control to the template in GridView , could you help me? //--------------------------------------------Code 1------------------------------------------------------------<asp:GridView AutoGenerateColumns="False...

Using Web server controls & Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database).
hi, I am new to asp.net. I have a question about Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database). I heared that it is better to minimize going back and forth b/w client browser and the server.This will increase performance and improve scallability. With asp.net, using server controls. It seems every action at the client browser require a trip to the server, for instance, page_load ( to fill combo boxes), or the event of the combo boxes to fill other dependant combo box. or when using the server validation controls. What I am trying to get into ...

Web control in web control

Server Controls on Multipage Web control.
Hi, how can i create controls (text controls,dropdownlist...) on a MultiPage Web Control (i have combined them with Tabstrip Controls) and Handle their Events on Design Mode and not on HTML mode? thanx in advance. ...

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

Web resources about - Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control? - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Shooting at Planned Parenthood Adds to Challenges for Congress
New York Times Shooting at Planned Parenthood Adds to Challenges for Congress New York Times WASHINGTON — Even as the authorities say they ...

What Did Cards Against Humanity Do With Their Black Friday Profits?
On Black Friday, Cards Against Humanity created a campaign where they sold absolutely nothing for $5. Cards Against Humanity is company that ...

Deadspin Up All Night: Bitch You Better Off Voting For Donald Trump
Thank you for your continued support of Deadspin. As you were. Read more...

EU, Turkey sign deal to stem migrant flows
Xinhua EU, Turkey sign deal to stem migrant flows Xinhua The European Council President Donald Tusk addresses a joint press conference with ...

NBA: Kobe Bryant, Is He The Greatest Of All Time?
L.A. Lakers star Kobe Bryant formally announced today that he will retire at the end of this season, according to ESPN . Since the beginning ...

Amazon gives a closer look at Prime Air drones
It seems that Amazon is really itching to get its Prime Air drone powered deliver service to the skies while still hampered by regulations that ...

Pope to end Africa trip with mosque visit in besieged enclave
By Joe Bavier BANGUI (Reuters) - Pope Francis, ending a three-nation African tour, on Monday visits a mosque in a besieged Muslim enclave in ...

New Photos Of Princess Charlotte Released By William And Kate As Thank You To Media For Allowing The ...
New photos of Princess Charlotte, the fourth in line to the British throne, have been released by Kensington Palace as a “thank you” to the media ...

Chasing Endorsements, Chris Christie Showers New Hampshire With Calls and Texts
New York Times Chasing Endorsements, Chris Christie Showers New Hampshire With Calls and Texts New York Times MANCHESTER, N.H. — The pleading ...

LSU Tigers retain Les Miles after week of uncertainty while Oklahoma Sooners improve their College Football ...
The silence from LSU's administration this week about Les Miles' job status spoke volumes, but not as loudly as the support fans showed on Saturday. ...