Custom Server Control - Moving within the VS.Net Designer - Help Needed

Hi,

I have created a custom server control that inherits from System.Web.UI.Control.
I would like my end users to be able to drag and move the server control in the VS.Net IDE. I presume I have to expose the left/top style properties but can't find anything in the documentation or via google.
Any pointers, links or code would be great :)
RussUK
8/21/2003 12:19:49 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hmmm,

Inherit from System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl or just use the default Create Web Control project in the .Net IDE
Can't believe I spent 1 hour looking for this :)
0
RussUK
8/21/2003 1:13:47 PM
Any element can be movable in VS.NET. What it really does is copying the text of the element code and paste it on somewhere you dropped it by mice. Anyway you found the answer.

happy to code
a table in a table in a table in a table in a table...
0
boogeiwoogie

Custom Controls and VS.Net Designer ...
I would like to know if you guys know a good article or text, about writing the vs.net designer interface for my Custom Control... I saw something this way a long way, but I don't remember... I have some controls made that I would like to enable things like, dynamic resizing, and also a control that don't have a user interface (works in background), so I would like to draw some view of the control when you put in your webform designer... for example! Thanks guys... I don't know what "dynamic resizing" is supposed to mean... but to make a non-UI control, the easiest th...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

Multifile assembly server control not working in VS.NET designer
..NET supports multifile assembly, in which an assembly manifest is in one file and can contain links to other resource files. In theory, I should be able to get the linked resources in my code using Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetFile(...) or Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(...). This works normally when the control is running on the web server. It does not work when the control is running in the VS.NET visual designer. In VS.NET visual designer, the GetManifestResourceStream returns null as if it cannot find the resource. However, if I choose "View...

IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ?
Trying to program in asp.net 1.1 via visual studio and running IIS 5.1. After getting asp.net to work, i am getting the dreaded '...Internal Server Error 500..." if I try to start a new Solution in VS.Net 2003. However, VS.Net will allow me to start a web application with no problems. Truth is stranger than fiction, but nothing is stranger than visual studio.... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Architecture: .Net Controls vs. Custom Controls
I'm interested in managing users. i.e. Logins and profiles, etc.My question is, should I be using things like the Login control or should I program these from scratch? I dont like the fact that .NET creates so many things for me. This level of abstraction terrifies me and it feels like I have no control over the code .I've done a few huge sites in Classic ASP (million-hits-per-day type sites) and I'm not sure how robust certain controls are, or when to use them.Is, for example, the Login control aimed at newbies to .NET? Should it be used for the larger projects with thousands of...

server control producing dynamic images in VS.NET visual designer
I am building a server control that can display dynamic images (images that are drawn using System.Drawing and sent to the browser). I am thinking, is it possible at all to build such a control such that it can work in the Visual Studio.NET designer? It appears it is impossible to output binary data in a ASP.NET server control, but I managed to make it work by saving the image in Page.Cache, Page.Session or as a temporary file on the web server. However, the VS.NET designer does not seem to support any of the above method. There is no support for Page.Cache or session variables, or...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

In Vs.Net 2005, grid does not come up in designer like in VS.net 2003
Hi, I am using VS.Net 2005. Previously I used VS.Net 2003. In 2003, whenever i add a new file it used to display the page in grids that helps me moving the controls and aligning it. But in 2005, i could not come up with an option that can show the grid with dots in the designer. Am i missing any setting here?   Regards, Jagadeesh   Turn on first checkbox for Absolute Positioning on the options page Tools | Options, HTML Designer, CSS Positioning.  From that point on controls dragged to the page will be absolutely positioned.-DanThis posting is provided "AS I...

Need to design reports on a box with MSSQL 2000 - VS.NET 2005
I have a Server 2003 box with SQL Server 2000 as the database server and VS.NET 2005 as the development tools.  Is there a report designer that will work with that setup?  Or do I need to uninstall VS 2005 and install VS 2003?Thanks,E...

Web resources about - Custom Server Control - Moving within the VS.Net Designer - Help Needed - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Designer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classically, the main areas of design were only painting , sculpture and architecture , which were understood as the major arts. The design of ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Adelaide designer Jaimie Sortino the only Australian label stocked at up-market New York florist branching ...
ADELAIDE’S Jaimie Sortino is in a New York state of mind when it comes to his latest designs.

Designer ready to bloom in Big Apple
ADELAIDE’S Jaimie Sortino is in a New York state of mind when it comes to his latest designs.

Luxury car designer sues Aston Martin for civil extortion
... debuting on January 12 at 10:05am at the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit." (credit: Henrik Fisker) Auto designer Henrik ...

Is this designer sitting in Alfa Romeo's new SUV?
... Ramaciotti on Instagram, showing him sitting in the back of what looks to be Alfa Romeo's upcoming crossover. Continue reading Is this designer ...

BMW designer: The next step is to make technology vanish
... his watch, BMW has introduced a host of brilliantly designed cars such as the BMW i8, the new 7-Series, and the 2-Series. The Dutch designer ...

Amy Schumer brings new boyfriend, a furniture designer, to The White House
... , she went to the White House and confirmed she is dating Ben Hanisch. Not just confirmed, but social media confirmed. Ben, a furniture designer ...

Dell’s New Latitude Series Gets a Designer Makeover
For better or worse (or neither), Dell’s Latitude series of notebooks has always been the plain, boring line compared to the more designer look ...

Cate Blanchett Lands Costume Designers Honor
Carol star and double Oscar winner Cate Blanchett will receive the Lacoste Spotlight Award at the 18th Costume Designers Guild Awards. The honor ...