Where to place custom HTTP Module and reference separate web.config app files

My boss wants to instead implement a custom HTTP Module so that we can move each individual check into each applications own web.config and each app's webconfig somehow wires up together as one...I don't know what he means..  So instead of doing this in the wwwroot web.config:

       <urlrewrites>
            <rule>
                 <url>\/recipes\/\d+\/detail.aspx</url>
                 <rewrite>/advancedsearch.aspx</rewrite>
            </rule>
            <rule>
                 <url>/cars/4/details.aspx</url>
                 <rewrite>/cars/details.aspx?ID=4</rewrite>
            </rule>
            <rule>
                 <url>>/planes/4/details.aspx</url>
                 <rewrite>/planes/details.aspx?ID=4</rewrite>
            </rule>
       </urlrewrites>

for let's say the car application, it's webconfig would only have one check which is more efficient with just one node check depending on the type of application and URL requested:

       <urlrewrites>
            <rule>
                 <url>/cars/4/details.aspx</url>
                 <rewrite>/cars/details.aspx?ID=4</rewrite>
            </rule>
       </urlrewrites>

The above are just some fake directories...so picture each as it's own application such as cars, planes, etc.

We'd split out each rule into it's own web.config since each rule will check for that application's type of request URL cases.

So I don't even understand where to start.  For starters, where does the HTTP Module class file to be placed and how do I call each of them?  Do I need only one?  Would I call the HTTP Module from the global.aspx?  I am lost.

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123
8/7/2006 3:45:21 PM
asp.net.handlers-modules 2116 articles. 0 followers. Follow

resolved...App_Code.
When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

How to reference own web config setting from custom module?
Hi, If I add a connectionstring to a non-DNN database in the dotnetnuke web.config like so: <appSettings> <add key="connectionString" value="Server=localhost;initial catalog=DNN_PAsFromVideo; Trusted_Connection=Yes" /> <add key="strconnstrSP" value="server=DevServer;initial catalog=unrelatedDatabase; Trusted_Connection=Yes" /> </appSettings> How can I reference this from a custom module? In Components/Global.vb there is the following function Public Function GetDBConnectionString() As St...

Customize the published web.config file in a web app
We are a team developing an ASP.Net web app. We are facing the following situation: each development machine needs a slightly different web.config file. For example,each local developer machine.the continuous integration server.the open sandbox website.the production website.How do I customize the published web.config (through MSBuild for ex.). Does anyone has an idea on the matter? Thanks in advance,Joanneshttp://www.lokad.com   One possible solution is: - select one Web.Config (I usualy select development one) as a starting point - create XSLT files for any other Web.Con...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Web.Config and App.Config has key that refers to a file in a parent directory ? How To?
<add key="AccountSettingsFile" value="../../../Config/Accounts.Config"/>Don't ask my why but I need to do this and the above doesn't work.How do I refer to "Account.Config" that is in Folder "Config" which in turn is two directories up.Thanks....

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Module in Module

modules, modules

Http handlers and Http modules
Hi,  What are some of the best and common scenarios where Http handlers and Http modules can be usefully used? Sandyhttp://www.thequinn.infohttp://www.sksdataservices.comhttp://www.infobasket.info Hi, ASP.NET uses the handlers for processing aspx, asmx and other files. How can you use it? Well let us say if you want to create a file with a new extension, you will need to write a handler for it. Moreover they are the earliest point where you can access requests. Moreover they being portable makes them all the more powerful. ASP.NET uses modules for services like session manage...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file
am getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file, code isYourSettings.config<appSettings >     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Overridden" />     <add key="KeyToBeAdded" value="EntirelyNew" />   </appSettings>andweb.config   <appSettings file="YourSettings.config">     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Original" />     <add key="KeyToNotOverride" value="Standard" />   </appSettings> and in code behindstring str = System.Con...

getting info from custom web.config for module
Greetings all, I've been working on modifying an existing custom module that we've written to make it more flexible during deployment and am having some issues with the vagaries of inheritance of config files through the application folder tree. I have created a custom web.config file in my DNN module folder under desktop modules that contains custom configuration information for the module so that we do not have to modify DNN root web.config when rolling the module out.  During page load, I request information from a custom section in the DNN module web.config via the NameValueSectio...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Web resources about - Where to place custom HTTP Module and reference separate web.config app files - asp.net.handlers-modules

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

Way too many Nazi references in this Republican race
'Calming' Ben Carson, the soft-spoken former neurosurgeon who likes to invoke Hitler on the campaign trail, is suddenly leading the Republican ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

Donald Trump prompts Nazi references
Some conservatives and political commentators say the GOP frontrunner's rhetoric has crossed the line

Supergirl: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References In "Livewire"
This week was an odd one for Supergirl.If that Jimmy Olsen/Lucy Lane date weekend seemed to come [...]

Now you can bookmark Google image searches for later reference
Normally, image searches on Google are ephemeral things and gone the moment you close the browser tab. However, a new feature on the search giant's ...

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit