Chat System -- Live Help-- keep alive

Hi Guys,

I want to create a system whereby if anybody visits my site the request connection should not be closed but remain active (keepalive) somewhere in a collection.

The reason I want to store the request somewhere is to be able to respond to the collected requests (any or all) at any given time.

I was thinking of ISAPI but later changed my mind of using HTTPMODULE/HTTPHANDLER/HTTPWEBREQUEST... but I am not sure how it would work...

The handler/module (initially I thought ISAPI) should be able to receive a string from the ASP.NET application and send that string as a response to the stored requests. However the requests should NOT close after being responded to and they SHOULD be kept alive. Because subsequent responses can be made at any given time.

In summary I want to see the list of requests and would like to initiate a chat sesstion with any active requests (simple visitors to my site)...

I would be highly obliged if you can help me or guide me so that I can get started and complete it. (and I want to use httpmodule/handler... and not ISAPI)

Thank you very much.

Love,
Angel

0
angelrishi
11/11/2005 6:38:27 AM
asp.net.handlers-modules 2116 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To keep alive or not to keep alive..
I have seen multiple threads here about keep alive. in a production setting wouldn't the keep alive question die if you just run the following .bat inside your dotnetnuke/bin directory?? for %%a in (*.dll) do "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ngen" %%a in essence this just runs ngen on all your assemblies wich makes native code and stores it in a special section of the gac. the info on ngen is here. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfnativeimagegeneratorngenexe.asp Or is there any reason not to do this on...

Keep your .Net site alive with SimmSoft Dot Net Ready
Announcing SimmSoft Dot Net Ready Dot Net Ready is a pure .net windows app designed to check many different web pages and specified intervals. Use Dot Net Read to keep your ASP.Net sites responsive, measure response times, load test web pages and sites, and whatever else you can think of! And best of all...it is FREE! Go to http://www.simmsoft.com for details and download. Hi, fantanstic product but..... could you make it run as a service so I don't need to keep the administrator logged in on the server ? Cheers Try SmarterPing if all you want is a service that pings your site...

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

help system, help!
Hi, Im trying to code in VB a help system for my web form. I have 1 label (lblhelp) and several textboxes, what i want to happen is that when a user clicks inside (or even mouseovers) one of the textboxes, the lblhelp populates with help text (different text per text box) i have no clue where to even start with this, although im thinking it would be nice to create a function that i can use throughout the project. any ideas?www.the-web-shed.com You would typically use client-side scripting such as Javascript for this. You'll want to create a Javascript function and handle the onfocu...

system.net.mail
hi all.. i used system.web.mail in my previous codes.. now i cannot send email... when i used VWD it says that the code im using is obsolete, and that i have to use system.net.mail here's the code i found in one of the threads --- Begin Code ---        Dim msg As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage        Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient                With msg            .From = New ...

Help Help Help Help

searching for a help system module
is the new dnn help system as module available? after the old (think the one by speerio) also never was published :(. we really need such a module in our current project ... does someone know where to get the/ such a module? bbbherman - I hear you - I've been racking my brain trying to work out what module I could use to sort of emulate a help / knowledgebase module so I can get my articles online in a manageable way - as my previous attempts have been rather dismal when it comes to managing it. I spoke with Scott McCulloch last week - he believes he might be able to assist me in wor...

Help
Hi,i am developing a website for my employer which required an ONLINE LIVE CHAT SUPPORT system to manage the customers. I have 2 questions. The Scenario of this chat system is below."there will be some chat agents that will log in to their Panel and will be available to chat once they are logged in. the customer will click 'Chat Now' from the website, and a request will be sent to all Chat Agents. the system has to manage all the chat agents in a queue, and any 1st available chat agent will than chat with the customer. All the chat session will be saved in log file, either txt o...

help help help help

Help with Net::Telnet module
I am looking for some help debugging a problem with the Net::Telnet module written by Jay Rogers. Here's the subroutine I am having problems with: sub login { $errmode = 'return'; $hostaddress = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'; $prompt = '/Sheldon_NS16>/'; $username = 'xxxxxxxx'; $password = 'xxxxxxxx'; $obj = new Net::Telnet ( Host => $hostaddress, Errmode => $errmode, Prompt => $prompt, Timeout => 15, Port => 23 ); $obj->login($u...

Help Help Help DataWindow.NET 2.0
Hello, i am using datawindow.NET 2.0 evaluation version my application is working fine using Pbls as source for objects as soon as i change the Pbl to PBD the application gives the error object not found however help says that u can use PBDs kindly tell me that this error is due to evaluation version or there is something wrong i am very worried about this behaviour because i have to report to my project manager for this behaviour of datawindow.NET kindly reply thanks Haroon Yes PBDs will work with the evaluation version. Is this a web forms or Windows Form...

Problem with system.net.mail...help!!!!!!!!
Hi every one . Here is my codeMailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); SmtpClient SmtpServer = new SmtpClient();SmtpServer.UseDefaultCredentials = false;SmtpServer.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username", "password"); SmtpServer.Port = 587; SmtpServer.Host = "smtp.gmail.com"; SmtpServer.EnableSsl = true;mail.From = new MailAddress("sales@test.com", "TEST", System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); mail.To.Add(test@gmail.com); mail.Subject = "Test"; mail.Body = "test";mail.DeliveryNotificationOptions = DeliveryNo...

Help on Net::Telnet perl module
--0-778832742-1310129965=:21091 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii hi, i am using Net::Telnet module to connect to remote hosts i able to to successfully connect to remote host and run the "ls" command but the issue is , the output of command is not getting printed to scalar variable use Net::Telnet (); $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/bash\$ $/'); $t->open("abc"); $t->login($username, $passwd); @lines = $t->cmd("ls"); print @lines; please suggest. regards, irfan --0-778832742-1310129965...

Web resources about - Chat System -- Live Help-- keep alive - asp.net.handlers-modules

Type system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A type system associates a type with each computed value. By examining the flow of these values, a type system attempts to ensure or prove that ...

Get Canary’s all-in-one home security system + air quality/temperature sensor for $179
This is one of the best deals yet on our favorite all-in-one, iPhone-controlled home security system and air quality detector. Just in time ...

Sony Digital Paper System DPT-S1 Review
... with bigger screen sizes such as the Kindle DX (9.7") have not enjoyed market success due to pricing issues. Sony's Digital Paper System (DPT-S1) ...

China tests "social credit score" system to crack down on critics
New plan would rank citizens based on their online activity to see who is straying from the ruling Communist Party

This is the closest planet yet that could support life beyond our solar system
... but Wolf 1061c is just next door, galactically speaking. For decades we could see only stars and a few nearby planets from our own solar system ...

Limited-time offer: Get System Mechanic for free
Software Deal: This week you can get a free six-month license for the best-selling PC tune-up software.

IDG Contributor Network: How the Vivint Sky security system performed under pressure
... to social media, editing photos, and many other tasks. That’s why, for the past few weeks, I’ve been testing the Vivint Sky security system ...

Open thread for night owls: How our prison system is, in one way, worse than in 1750
Laura Flanders writes— One Way Our Prison System Is Actually Worse Than It Was in 1750 : What got a person locked up – no matter what - in 1790? ...

Digitimes Research: Google Brillo IoT OS still lacks system hardware partners
While Google has revealed more details of technology and cooperation partners for its IoT operating system Brillo, a lack of system hardware ...

Why creating an eco-system of partner businesses is worth the effort
Why creating an eco-system of partner businesses is worth the effort written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing photo credit: Shaking ...