When to use web control and Html control

I am designing a web application in which onclick a form becomes visible containing set of text boxes and other fields. How shoud I design it. I am not able to figure out difference between web form controls and html controls.
Shrinivas
0
shnaraya

Who uses Web Controls/HTML Controls?
I'm currently making the migration from ColdFusion to asp.net and I have a few questions. 1. Does anybody really use the Web/HTML Controls? CF has something similar <cfform> but I never use it because I'm a believer in separating html from application logic/control. And I like being in control of what goes on in my apps. However, I find the Web/HTML Controls interesting. 2. Is there a standard framework that people use to organize their code? I like using MVC (Model, View, Controller) to create true N-tier applications. Just wondering what others use. 3. Is anybody using Flash...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

Using scripts with Web Controls vs. HTML Controls
When using <SELECT> I can use the onchange event to execute some javascript code at the top of my document. However, it appears that when I use <asp:dropdownlist> and the OnSelectedIndexChanged event that I have to post back to the server to execute any code.  Is it possible to have javascript code execute on the client side when my asp:dropdownlist is changed or do I have to use a <SELECT> statement to accomplish this?...

html control and web control
Hi i am getting confused when i should use html controls and when i should use web controls. Any ideas? Cheers.I can do it! if you need any server side programability or events then user Web. If you want pure HTML then use HTML controls.... Is there anything in particular you are confused about? Here are a few things to consider:It's a tough question to answer without knowing the specifics of your application.HTML controls do not have as many features with their web server control counterparts.HTML controls could be a good idea if you were converting some existing web pages that used ...

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

Web control in web control

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

Modifing javascript to use server controls instead of using html controls
Hi, I use a Javascript to create a textbox that converts English to Hindi text. I am using it in my aspx pages. I use another javascript to access the Text of this HTML textbox.  Everything is fine when I use Single TextBox on a page. But the complexities go out of my control when i need to use 5 such textboxes on the same aspx page. Moreover I encounter issues of ID of ASP.NET controls that get changed as there are ContentPlaceHolders, TabPanels etc. I don't know the javascript things so deeply that I can comprehend the code that generates the custom Textbox. Now I ne...

How do YOU build your server controls? Using writer to output html or using controls?

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

Not install Web Controls to use these controls?
Dear All, Can anyone tell me how to use the web controls if I did not install the web contols from the downloaded .exe files? Many thanks if you can give me code with vb Lan. Regards Can you tell us what you did (step by step) and where it's not working? Please, view post 134991. DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Web resources about - When to use web control and Html control - asp.net.getting-started

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board votes to allow consumption in retail outlets - Alaska Dispatch News
The Alaska Marijuana Control Board voted Friday to allow consumption of marijuana products in retail stores across the state. But social clubs, ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

Brussels Pushes Gun Control In Wake of Paris Attacks
Europeans double down on gun control after terrorists murder defenseless civilians

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...