What is the relation between Asp.net, C#.net ,ADO.net, SQL in web Building

Dear Developers
Hi I am A beginner web developer I stared studying of development applications & languages and I finished HTML, JavaScript, IIS but I don't have a couch so I can't determine what i need to continue.
I need to know the roles of ASP.net, C#.net, ADO.net, SQL in the web building process and how they work together and what exams I have to cross to be a certified web developer
My Regards
Khaled Elwakeel
0
khaled_elwakeel

 Khaled ,

 Welcome to the world of Web Programming,

 Web programming is different ball game ( HTTP Request, HTTP Response, HTTP handlers , MIME types, HTTP Modules ,  HTTP Sessions , State Management, SOA , Webservices  ,CSS , XHTML , CSS, XML ...etc) . Once you know the basics of  web request / REsponse architecture then start digging into the asp.net page life cyle and how the request are handled in the IIS; I am sure after u know this info ,  you'll come to know what more to learn.

Comming to the definations

ASP.Net , in simple words is a technology / framework built by Microsoft to develop dynamic web applications,  I suggest u go to getting started , how to videos @ asp.net site.

relation with C#  : As the ASP.NET is framework built on CLR, we can use C# OR VB.Net to implement the functionality for a dynamic webpage.

ADO.net and SQL : any application (web or windows ) in .net which has a database to interact have to use ADO.net and SQL Server is Database product from Microsoft.

 HTML Javascript:   Output from any dynamic webpage is  XHTML , Javascript , XML ( in general MIME Types), as  browser can only render xHTML , XML  and execute Javascript :)

IIS is where we host the application to access on the network.

Hope u get certified soon , All the best !!!!

-Vamsi

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.

0
mammu
3/8/2009 3:20:22 PM

Dear mammu

thank you very match it was a useful Information. some points are missed like

the steps / process of web building
what is the meaning of server side
real Examples
like (javescript) is a language to treat with user event
when you inter incorect email when submit form java script will run function to check form and alert you you entered invaild mail xyz@abc.???
and if study SQL SERVER what exactly I need to know for web building

thanks
khaled elwakeel

0
khaled_elwakeel
3/9/2009 4:04:14 PM

khaled_elwakeel@live.com:

Dear memmu

thank you very match it was a useful Information. some points are missed like

the steps / process of web building
what is the meaning of server side
real Examples
like (javescript) is a language to treat with user event
when you inter incorect email when submit form java script will run function to check form and alert you you entered invaild mail xyz@abc.???
and if study SQL SERVER what exactly I need to know for web building

thanks
khaled elwakeel

That's an awful lot for a forum post!  Try the "Get Started" / "Learn" links at the top of the page

Building a website doesn't have a set number of steps.  Some people start with the underlying data and build upwards (Data Driver Development), some begin with the business objects they use and go outwards (Domain Driven Development), some start with the interactions between the objects and their interfaces (Behaviour Driven Development).  It's not the sort of question which is easy to answer...hell you can spend a whole 3 years at college learning about it (I did!)

"Server side" is merely referring to any processing which happens on the server (as opposed to the client-side/browser).  In general terms, ASP.Net/C#/ADO/SQL are all server-side technologies, Javascript/VBScript/Ajax/Silverlight/Flash are all client-side technologies.

There's loads of real examples available in the "Get Started" link.

There's loads of validation examples available too in the tutorials, for dealing with badly formed email addresses,etc.

As for SQL Server, what you need to know depends on what you need to know.  It's like asking which bits of C# will I need to learn...until you start working out what you want to do, it's hard to know what you're going to need to know!

0
Mr
3/9/2009 4:14:08 PM

It is realy useful I think that I got the answer which I need

 thanks

0
khaled_elwakeel
3/9/2009 4:42:04 PM

 >It is realy useful I think that I got the answer which I need

Please click the "Mark As Answer" against the replies that helped you.

TATWORTH
3/9/2009 5:19:32 PM

 For getting certification in web application. MCPD is a good option

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/webdev/default.mspx

Exam 70-536,70-526  complete this exam you will become MCPD web developer

0
shanmugamm

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

vb .net or c# .net

C#.NET or VB.NET

Vp.Net or C#.net
Has anyone Created a site with Vb.net or C# can be seen on Internet . i'd like to learn one of them !? which one would you suggest? With one is better Vb.net or C# ? thanks Ali Darabian Ah... another person joins the great debate... what about J#? ;) It's a personal choice... depends on your background, on where you are working, etc. My choice is C#.Jason Wyckoff This is the way I look at them: VB.Net and C# are the same thing!?! <=> Have I just sad same???? No they are not same, but... there's again someting.... Do you see the point now. Both are ...

VB.Net To C#.Net

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Net Farmers net

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Web resources about - What is the relation between Asp.net, C#.net ,ADO.net, SQL in web Building - asp.net.getting-started

Relation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ternary relation , finitary relation in which the number of places in the relation is three. Ternary relations may also be referred to as 3-adic, ...

Malcolm Turnbull uses shared business background to reset Indonesian relations
Malcolm Turnbull has used his first major overseas visit to reset Australia's fractious relationship with Indonesia, leveraging his common personal ...

Curtis Cheng murder: Marsfield man, 22, arrested in relation to Parramatta killing - DailyTelegraph Search ...
POLICE have charged a third man in relation to the murder of NSW Police Force accountant Curtis Cheng following a vehicle stop in Sydney’s north ...

Angela Merkel and Malcolm Turnbull forge post-Abbott relations during first talks
Malcolm Turnbull and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have discussed submarines, people smuggling, and the humanitarian crisis caused by the Syrian ...

Second man charged in relation to murder of police accountant Curtis Cheng
Police have charged a second man in relation to the murder of police accountant Curtis Cheng, who was killed in a shooting in Parramatta last ...

China-Taiwan summit: Handshake between Xi Jinping, Ma Ying-jeou could be peak of China-Taiwan relations ...
The minute-and-a-half handshake between Xi Jinping and Ma Ying-jeou could well be the peak of cross-strait relations, China correspondent Bill ...

China Praises Trudeau's Father For His 'Extraordinary Vision' In Establishing Relations
Xi Jinping told Canada's current prime minister that China will never forget Pierre Elliott Trudeau's decision to open diplomatic relations. ...

Relations with Japan thawing but not yet warm enough
Relations with Japan thawing but not yet warm enough

Mizzou's New President Made 'Race-Relations' Video With Activist
INSIDE JOB: Mizzou's New Interim President Made 'Race-Relations' Video With Activist Leader

Business Wire Launches the Complete Guide to Modern Public Relations at PRSA 2015
Business Wire&rsquo;s Complete Guide to Modern Public Relations [download here] is now online with published copies available exclusively at ...