what is the difference between Html controls and web controls?

hello

what is the difference between Html controls and web controls?

thank you for the time and for the help
0
wissam1

The HTML control is the standard control.

The Web Forms control maps back to a class on the server.
so
An HTML Button is an input control
A Web Forms Button works more like a winforms button in that it has an onclick event that fires on the server during a postback.

etc...
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
4/28/2004 12:20:59 PM
html control is just an enhancement of the input type controls already existing, with the additional flexibilities of .net

web controls are more sophisticated, vulnerable controls which are very useful in web forms for better performance and quicker execution.

for example you have a checkboxcontrol in addition to checkbox. the checkboxcontrol can be dynamically created from DB, Similarly there are Dropdownlists and RadioButtonControls which can be dynamically populated with less effort (in terms of writing code)
hope this gives a better prospect
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
4/28/2004 4:45:19 PM
I dont agree.

html controls are not enhanced in any way. they are the standard input type control that we've always used.
web controls are also not for better performance and quicker execution. the web controls tie back to the code behind class and give you much greater programming flexibility. this flexibility does come at a price - namely cpu cycles.
for example, if you need a table to control position of your html elements but you DONT need to programatically interact with the table, then use the standard html table and dont use the .NET web forms table control.
the page will run faster with the standard html table.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
4/28/2004 6:25:49 PM
There's a web control for a table?
0
JakeJeck
4/28/2004 6:43:36 PM
Wow I just looked in VS.NET and saw it for the first time lol.  I've never seen it used in any code examples anywhere.
0
JakeJeck

difference between html controls and web controls?
I get confused with the differences between the two Hi, When would you use one versus the other? Please refer to the following thread: diffrence b/w HTML Controls and Web Controls Alister...

Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control
 HI, I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.Thanks in advanceVikram Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  The difference is that html server controls have syntax and rendering closely mapped to html objects.  Where as web server controls have more relation to the .NET Framework. Web server controls have a richer and wider range of special purpose controls.  Calenders, tree views, etc.. If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.  Is that the only difference...

Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control
Hi, I have a primitve doubt - what is the precise difference between a HTML control with runat= server  and an ASP.NET web server control.i think i read its something to do with how events are fired and so on but am not very clear...i want to know all the differences at the lifecycle level as well as from the usage point of view.Thanks Thanks and RegardsNirumaThe difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! HTML controls are quick & light, while web controls are more feature rich.Here are more details about the differences between HTML controls and web controls:http:...

difference b/w web controls and html controls
I am developing my first web site using ASP.Net 2003. But i don't know whether to use web controls (which are very easy ) or to use html controls( which is difficult because i don't have good knowledge about it). I am also taking inputs from user like for login and Updating their data on my server.So what's the difference between them which one better than the other in respect to CSS(Cascading Style Sheet). you probably know HTML controls. basically server controls are controls that generate client side html. Server controls will increase your development speed and help you create much c...

html control and web control
Hi i am getting confused when i should use html controls and when i should use web controls. Any ideas? Cheers.I can do it! if you need any server side programability or events then user Web. If you want pure HTML then use HTML controls.... Is there anything in particular you are confused about? Here are a few things to consider:It's a tough question to answer without knowing the specifics of your application.HTML controls do not have as many features with their web server control counterparts.HTML controls could be a good idea if you were converting some existing web pages that used ...

What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control
Hi ,please could you answer for the following question with example. i know wht they are. but i want to know hw they are existing in web pages with simple example. What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control?  Thanks in AdvanceDilip    Check this out .... hope these might help you out... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa651710(VS.71).aspx itsUrDAY  Hi, See the following URLs: https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fb3w5b53(VS.71).aspx(Introduction to Web User Contr...

Web control in web control

what is the difference between web custom control,web user control,component class
please tell me in detail what is the web custom control,web user control,component class and what is the difference between web custom control, web user control,component class and when to use web custom control, when to use web user control, when to use component class Oh gosh. Such a nice question! I recommend you to start with this link from MSDN click here . I think you'll need a lot of coffe :) .George (.NET or .NOT) www.piasi.org...

Difference between Server controls and HTML controls
 cMCTS 2.0 Web ApplicationsPueblo no ser bueno, pueblo ser mera mier#$% Difference Between ASP.NET Server Controls,HTML Server Controls and HTML Intrinsic Controls  ASP.NET Server Controls Advantages: 1. ASP .NET Server Controls can however detect the target browser's capabilities and render themselves accordingly. No issues for compatibility issues of Browsers i.e page that might be used by both HTML 3.2 and HTML 4.0 browsers code to be written by you.2. Newer set of controls that can be used in the same manner as any HTMl control like Calender controls. (No need of Acti...

what is the difference between HTML controls and Server controls
 Hello friends I have a small doubt please clarify.We are using server controls always.Why If we uuse Html controls by placing runat="server" Tag in them.Why additionally Microsoft created controls like Textbox,dropdownlist controls?What is the advantage of server controls on Html controls? Another doubt is how can i handle page level exceptions and record them and keep them in a database? i will be enlighten If any of you help me  "Please Mark As Answer If my reply helped you."Bharath RadhekrishnaSoftware EngineerBlog: http://onetidbit.wordpress....

controling web control on different frames
Hi, I have an aspx page that has an iframe. in the iframe there is an aspx page with a button in it. What I want to do is, when a user clicks the button in the iframe, I want to start a funtion in the parent aspx page. How can I do that? Thanks in advance Why do you have a button in an iframe? I do not see any benifit of this?! If you want a section of your page to have internal scrollbars, use a <DIV id="something"> tag with a css file to format the area. Example: #something { PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER:solid 1px #...

accessing a control on a different web controls
I have 2 web controls on one aspx page.  I want to set the label1.text property on control1 from a button click event on control2.  Is there any to do that?     Thanks Hi,the strategy is to let the Page take care of this flow. To do this, first expose the Label's text with a property declared in Control1, for example<% Control Language="C#" %><script runat="server">public string Text {    get { return myLabel.Text; }    set { myLabel.Text = value; }}</script><asp:Label id="myLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label>...

HTML Controls vs Web Controls
Is there a cut and dry or "best practice" answer for when to use straight HTML, the HTML controls (runat=server), or the web controls? Thanks! You could have a look here: ASP.NET Server Controls Recommendations and here, perhaps: Introduction to ASP.NET Server Controls-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks!!!...

Web resources about - what is the difference between Html controls and web controls? - asp.net.getting-started

Belgium cats, raids and religious differences explained by a Belgian
Belgium police joined the cat fun at the end of a tense day of anti-terror raids and arrests in Brussels.

The West should let the Middle East settle its own differences
The bitter truth is there is no plausible way we can defeat jihadists with military force.

6 Ways To Tell The Difference Between A Terrorist And A Refugee
If you are sitting at the table for five minutes and you can't spot the difference between the refugee and the terrorist, you are the terrorist. ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"There’s been a lot of poorly thought-out stuff written about the differences between men’s and women’s ...
... But if you can get past all of this pseudoscience, there’s some legitimately illuminating, serious medical research on sex-based brain differences ...

Slant wants to transform online media by paying writers 70% of ad revenue — but will that make a difference ...
When Amanda Gutterman talks about her vision for Slant , a platform-publisher hybrid that "soft launched" in July, you can tell she believes ...

Anonymous just might make all the difference in attacking ISIS
In the wake of the horrific attacks in Paris, military operations against ISIS terrorist strongholds have increased. When someone hits you, it’s ...