what if email address is wrong when sending email ?

 Hi Guys,

 Is there any way to get error info when sending email if to or cc email address is wrong? I am using asp.net with c# and using local SMTP server.

 Thanks in advance.

Justin

0
justindongqiang

define "wrong".

If you mean it's not a valid FORMAT, meaning no @ and no "." then yes... you can.
If you mean that the account doesn't existing...then Nope.... you can't.

0
Curt_C
9/19/2007 5:25:36 PM

You can validate the email address to make sure that it is in a valid format, but your ASP.NET application only handles sending the email to the SMTP server.  You can't get an error if the email bounces back because the application never sees anything from the email after it successfully sends it to the server.

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a Peanut Butter Cup or an English Toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box... filled with useless brown paper wrappers.
0
Gipionocheiyort
9/19/2007 5:27:58 PM

 I mean it is valid format but it does not exist.

0
justindongqiang
9/19/2007 5:40:08 PM

 once your code sends the email to a SMTP server, it's out of your hands.

What happens if you open Outlook and address an email incorrectly?

Depending on the SMTP server , you may ( or may not) receive an email stating something like "unable to deliver...."

same thing happens with your ASP.Net email.

If an email can't be delivered, you may (or may not) receive an error in the inbox of the "From:" address...

Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
0
uncleb
9/19/2007 6:13:20 PM

justindongqiang:

 I mean it is valid format but it does not exist.

Then no...you can not verify it....just think if you could....a SPAMmer could just pick a domain and use a simple algorithm to get every email address on that domain and put it in a list.... <shudder>.....

0
Curt_C
9/19/2007 6:14:01 PM

thank you for your answer...

0
justindongqiang

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (l...

Get email address from DB and send email using VB
OK every time I figure something out on my own, there's 10 more things I can't seem to figure out. I feel like a VB moron. Ha. Anyway. Here's what I need to do...1. Retrieve the email addresses from my database table of people whose memberships to my organization has expired in the past month.2. Somehow plug those email addresses into a code to send them a prewritten, preformatted email.I have found an article on how to send an email using VB coding. I just don't know how I would send one email to every person whose membership has expired in the past month. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lo...

Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses
Hello ppl.. My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution? Thanks in advance Bracoute How are you running the email process? Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time? If not, this should take care of that. Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the databas...

EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list
I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail to a list. Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce messages in return - - since it is no longer valid. What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it won't be included as if I had not removed it? -- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL TOM BLACKWELL wrote: > > I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. > > An ad...

default email address for sending email
How do I set this? Thanks David K melbourne.au On 7/29/2006 3:49 PM, D Kinston wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have replied at the bottom: > How do I set this? > > Thanks > > David K > melbourne.au Click tools/account settings. Click the specific account in the left pane of the new window. Fill in appropriate boxes in the right pane. -- Dennis M. Marks Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not included. Not for internal use. Don't ru...

sending to email addresses @email.com
Hello, I am experiencing strange errors.. but only on one particular email suffix i can email any address but as soon as i get xxxxx@email.com i get an error any one had the same error ? Thanks When do you get the error? What does the error say?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Is it possible that you are banned or on some kind of spammer list for them?...

Send email to each email address in database
Hi, I'm trying to write a web form which allows my client to put their raw html into a textbox and then click send and it will send the email to each individual email address in the database. I want it to send the emails individually not compile a long list of emails in BCC field so i know I'm going to need a foreach loop. Just not sure where to go from here: email.aspx Message<asp:TextBox ID="BodyTextBox" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" /><br /> <asp:Button ID="EmailButton" runat="server" Text="Send emai...

Default email address for sending emails
Hi, My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. Can you tell me where to do this? Catherine Catherine wrote, On 23/07/08 14:14: > Hi, > > My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up > to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. > Can you tell me where to do this? > > Catherine First question , are all accounts setup to use 'Use default server' in their Account Settings > Mail accou...

error sending emails with a period in email address
I'm running Groupwise 7 and using Outlook 2003 as a conduit for another program. If I send an email with a period(john.doe@comcast.net) in it through outlook or the program, it errors out with: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: john.oe.@comcast.net (551 not our customer) Possibly truncated original message follows: Sending it through Groupwise is fine. Any ideas? Thanks. This is a known bug with the beta version of the connector, I don't know what version of the OLC you are using, but this has been fixed in the SP1 release. O...

Sending email to non-registered email addresses
Hello, I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system Under Bugzilla Version 2.18rc3 Thanks -wdj On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a bug entry's cc list) to email > adresses that are not registered in the bugzilla system No. -- http://wurblzap.net/ Bugzilla hosting and professional support On 4/22/05, Weddie Jackson <weddiedjackson@netscape.net> wrote: > I there a way to send email(add to a b...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

Send 1 email to 60000 email addresses
I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) and send a message to all of them. Will GroupWise even support this? I am on GroupWise 6.5.7 (6.5.6 with Security Updates). I do not have an API gateway installed. Any ideas? Sure. Will your INTERNET connection support this? "Rhonda Richardson" <rrichardson@kcumb.edu> wrote in message news:1xZNg.3068$lb5.1592@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I have received a request to take a list of email addresses (about 60000) >and send a message to all of them. > > Will GroupWis...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

DNN only sending email to Domain email addresses
My DNN seems to be only sending email to email addresses within my domain name. i.e. support@mydomain.com etc... I've added the admin email account to my domain, my admin account uses this email account. Only bulk email to the domain name email addresses are getting email, only password reminders are being sent to domain name email addresses. I am using the Portal Store 6.4 and If I create a customer with a email address using my domain name this customer receives confirmation of his order. However if I create a customer with an email address such as someone@yahoo.com (using a rea...

Web resources about - what if email address is wrong when sending email ? - asp.net.getting-started

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Barack Obama outlines counter-terrorism plans in rare Oval Office address; vows to 'destroy' Islamic ...
US president Barack Obama brands Islamic State fighters thugs and killers in a rare address to the nation in the wake of last week's California ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

Obama speaks on ISIS, gun control, tolerance in Oval Office address - Videos - CBS News
... shows terrorism is now in a new phase. He promised to destroy anyone who tries to harm Americans. It was the president’s first address from ...

Obama's address sets stage for 2016
Obama's address guarantees terrorism and Muslim relations will be central to the '16 campaign, Politico's Ben White says.

House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address
House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address

In weekly address, Obama asks Americans to 'stay true to who we are' in fight against terrorism
x YouTube Video This week, like last week, President Obama devoted his weekly address to the fight against terrorism. As I said in my speech ...

Obama’s Sunday Address Watched By 46 Million Viewers
... Obama 's Sunday night primetime speech might have, according to GOP White House candidates, been too little too late – and why give the address ...

Philips and Cisco form global strategic alliance to address EUR1 billion office lighting market
... of Things (IoT) in modern offices. This alliance brings together Philips' LED based connected lighting system with Cisco's IT network to address ...