What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?

That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net?

monkeyFace

Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more:

"Microsoft Programming Languages"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx
"Visual Basic or C#?"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/community/inbox/vbcs/
Regards

Andre Colbiornsen
---------------------------------
Seventh Day
Råbygatan 1A,
SE-223 61 Lund
Sweden
Mob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79
Mail: info@seventhday.se
--------------------------------
0
adec
7/27/2004 4:11:21 PM
Code in what you are more comfortable with.

If your a Java programmer go with C# if your an ASP classic programmer go with VB.NET etc.
0
aspdotnetguy

Can VB.NET and C#.NET combined?
Hi, I have a web application so far written in VB.NET using Web Matrix. I need to create a chat program like MSN ... but I wish to use C#.NET to create this chat program, so I can learn about it ... can I combined VB.NET and C#.NET in the same application? Hello, I thought you could have a look at this: Mixing VB and C# in same Web Application regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP I don't recommend mixing the two in the same application (if is even possible), but what you can do is encapsulate all of your logic into an asembly (dll) written in c# and ...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

I can't convert this code (C# to VB.NET)
Hey guys,How can I convert this xxx.cs code to xxx.vb and put it into my own ASP.NET website project? using System;namespace MyeShop{    public enum MyStatus : byte    {          MerchantNotLogin = 200,        ExceptionRaised = 300,        DatabaseError = 400,    }} ThX Aminhttp://360.yahoo.com/amins2shttp://www.aminsadeghi.com so many link you can use here http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/utilities/convertcsharptovb.aspx http://www....

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

Web resources about - What can c#.net do that vb.net can't? - asp.net.getting-started