web server to file server

most often web server is alsoused as a file/data server but it my case file server is sitting remotely. The problem is how can i transfer files that have been receive on the web server securely to file/data server and up date its path in db stored on web server.

thanks in advance

ali

0
aligenius

aligenius:
The problem is how can i transfer files that have been receive on the web server securely to file/data server and up date its path in db stored on web server.

Is there file server on the same domain as the web server?

If so you can just save the file to a mapped network share on the file server and save the location to the database on your web server.

0
jimmy
4/24/2008 9:21:58 PM

No the file server is not in the same domain

0
aligenius

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Move File From Web Server to File Server
Our organization has a web server and file server in the same domain. On our public website ordering page, users have the ability to upload a document. The document is currently saved on the Web server in a temp directory. I need to move the uploaded file off the webserver and over to a specific directory on the file server. I have tried using File.Move to accomplish this but encountered permission errors. How does this need to be set up to work? The code format I have is File.Move ("c:\\dir\\file.ext", "\\\\fileserver\\dir\\file.ext"); Thanks in Advance ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Web server as File server
Hello experts Scenario: i want to upload file on web server. Now i want to store that uploaded file to its hard drive (suppose D:\File). How can i get the physical path in order to store file.   plz reply fine regards Ali   One way to do this is to create a virtual folder say "Upload" in your web application and map it to the folder where you want to store the files. Now while saving, you can get the physical path byString sPath = Server.MapPath("Upload");String sFileName = "abcd.txt" File.SaveAs(sPath + sFilename);Another way i...

Uploading files to a different file server but not web server
Hi, I want to upload files to a different file server than the web server using asp.net, is that possible?I can use Server.MapPath to store it on the same server. How do I save it to a different machine? What all I need? Do I need IP address? Do I need to have a shared folder on that machine? thank u for the help!!! There is only a few built in ways to get a file from one machine to another in windows.  Things like FTP, HTTP, or File Sharing - you are going to need a path to the server.  You cannot upload directly to that server.  You'll need to upload to your web s...

Move files from a web server to another web server
I am migriting my site from asp.3.0 to asp.net and I am used to simply copy files from my dev server to production server when my files are ready to go public. With asp.net I can't do that. What do I need to do before and after I copy my files to the production server to make it work. You can do a simple copy with .NET as well. You can copy all the files and directory structs but you only need the .ASPX, .ASCX, the DLL in the bin directory along with your other 'support' files. Also note that there is a 'copy project' option in VS.NET which will do the above.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server. I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQ...

Unable to get the project file from the web server
Hello, I had the Commerce kit installed on my machine and working for a while. After uninstalling it using Add and Remove program, I installed it again and now the solution would not open in Visual Studio .net. I get an error saying "Unable to get the project file from the web server" Anyone know what is happening and how I can fix this? Other project that I have on my machine are opening fine. Anyone else have this problem? I cant get it to work, today I re-installed VS.net but am having the same problem. I even tried installing into a different folder but no ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.
Hi everyone, I work on C# project (VS 2008, framework 3.5, default Web Site)  that suddenly started giving me this error : "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.". The web.config is set : <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">. Any help will be greatly appreciated!     Did you try closing and then re-opening Visual Studio?Allan Horwitz Yes Hi, To better understand your issue, please confirm the following information: If we create a simple ...

File upload to a server other than the web server.
I have a very simple asp.net upload page. Everything works great when saving the file locally (web server). Things are getting ugly when trying to save files to a different machine (file server, database server,...) So, when using .SaveAs and passing in the UNC path to the new server location I get an *Access denied* error messgae. When mapping a network drive and using the drive letter in the .SaveAs path I get an message saying parts of the path cannot be found. any ideas? thanks  --tolgaApplication Developer Make sure that the account running asp.net web applicaiton(defa...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource
Hi When i try to compile/debug my application i get this popup error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource Does anybody know know how to resolve this?   Regards Macker       did you look at this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165025(VS.80).aspxKumar Reddi No   But i will have a look at it and see if that fixes my problem   Thanks I had this problem in VS 2005 when the IDE was viewing an xml file.  I would press F5 to start debugging and it would show t...

Suddenly get error
I have a web site, installed two copied on a server, one is under 2.0 , another is under 3.5, both worked fine. I moved the server to a different domain, after several days, I tried the web applicaton on them. But I got error on both them when I tried to debug them. I use VS 2005 to debug the 2.0 one, and VS 2008 to debug the 3.5 . They both worked fine, but now both gives error, on 2.0, I get - Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. on 3.5, I get - Unable to start debugging on the web server. The server ...

Web resources about - web server to file server - asp.net.getting-started

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge

Update: NFL says server power issue, not tablet glitch, caused Microsoft Surface outage on Monday Night ...
... NFL says the problem wasn’t with the tablets themselves. An NFL spokesperson tells GeekWire the problem stemmed from “the power to the server ...