web matrix vs vs.net

i am confused about what web matrix is for. can't i do everything in visual studio? do i need web matrix to develop an asp.net application in visual studio?
0
lpercent

If you have visual studio.net, just forget web matrix. Web matrix is a free development tool provided for beginners or rather users who cannot afford to have visual studio.net (price, license etc.,)
If you have visual studio.net, you can pretty well do asp.net applications. don't bother about web matrix.
Hope it clarifies.
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
9/6/2004 6:03:55 AM
HI!

I have Visual Studio .net(licensed) and Web Matrix(free edition)
Which this programs is wery good
Sorry for my English
0
MrMaster

If you have visual studio.net, then don't hesitate to choose, it is the best.
You can avail the full functionality of the codebehind, coloured coding, auto complete, intellisense .. what else do you need?
Web matrix is the lighter version just suited for beginners and learning.
thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
9/6/2004 10:43:17 AM
Thanks for advice.

Whether then there is a program better Visual Studio .NET
Sorry for my English
0
MrMaster
9/6/2004 11:16:38 AM

As far as I know NO..
VS.Net integrates well with the .net framework and building applications has never been easy with others.
its my view and doesnt reflect any body else's opinion.
thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
9/6/2004 11:46:57 AM
thanks to all who responded!
0
lpercent

You'r welcome! Hope you got clarified.
Best of Luck!!!
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

VS.Net vs. Web Matrix
I have used the Web Matrix with a couple of books who use it and thought is was really cool. I would like to use it more but my issue is that no one at work knows about it. All our developers use VS.Net. So I don't want to be the odd man out. So my question is: how are people here using it? In a development environment? Just for learning? Are most people using it for just learning and then planning to move up to VS.net? I am not looking down at the web matrix. I am a big fan of it. I am also a huge fan of Front Page 2003 too which most of our devs can’t see the value ...

Web Matrix vs VS.NET
Hi, I'm a newbie and is curious about the difference between the two? regards /xaphod Hi, You can find the difference at here Regards,...

Web Matrix Vs. VS.Net
Is one have more features than the other?? I got WebMatrix with a code book I use and it seems to do the job, but I was unsure of the capabilities it has. Any suggestions??- km______________________________________"always here and always forever"...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Web Matrix vs. VS.NET... which one to use ????
What's the advantage of using Web Matrix instead of VS ????? I'm very new to the .NET world and was wondering why this product was created and for that matter, why take the steam away from VS.NET ???? Is it because it's a "lightweight" IDE for ASP which does basically the same things as VS ???? Thanks for the input guys Mike Mike, Web Matrix is a good free alternative if you don't have the budget for VS.Net. Also it loads quicker so sometimes it's nice to open for a quick change rather than VS.Net. Additionally it's nicer to work with for quick changes to no...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Upgrade IBS from VS.NET to VS.NET 2003
Anyone encountered any problems while performing this upgrade? Like "ASPNetPortal.PortalModuleControl could not be loaded." If so, what is the casue, how did you fix it ? Thanks I know it is of no help but ... It went painlessly for me Sorry DavidMVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I not have any problem. check the project references or try a clean install hmmm - thanks for the replies. I'm trying to help out the user who posted this message I'm struggling to find a reason why he's having suc...

VS.NET 2000 Versus VS.NET 2003
Hi, I'm using VS.NET 2003 at home, but at my uni's using VS.NET 2000. So if i do work at home and bring to UNI and run on VS.NET 2000. Does any problem with that ? Thanks. Jeff. any projects you create in VS2003 won't open on VS2002 once you open a VS2002 project in VS2003 and covert it, it won't open again in VS2002 Nick www.vb-tech.comhttp://www.vb-tech.com Thanks nickswan....

Web resources about - web matrix vs vs.net - asp.net.getting-started

Matrix digital rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matrix digital rain , Matrix code or sometimes green rain , is the computer code featured in the Matrix series . The falling green code is a ...

The matrix of India’s ‘source’ journalism
Such has been outlandish frequency of statements attributed to anonymous "sources" across India’s media outlets in recent weeks that I visited ...

Audi bringing matrix 'organic' LED concept to Frankfurt
Filed under: Videos , Frankfurt Motor Show , Audi , Technology , Concept Cars Audi is bringing a concept to the Frankfurt motor show with a new ...

"As a kid, I was searching for my tribe of other people who saw through the matrix."
"Even as a kid I could never buy into the status quo. I just thought it was a joke; I couldn't believe other people weren't laughing at it." ...

'Matrix' actress Essie Davis joins 'Game of Thrones'
... HBO representative didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for confirmation on the casting. Davis has starred in "The Matrix: ...

December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
... and State Bank of Nauvoo, Nauvoo, IL ($32 million). With it being the end of the fourth quarter, we bring an updated transition matrix to identify ...

New Film Theory Suggests Neo Isn't The One In The Matrix Trilogy
... The latest video from the Youtube channel, The Film Theorists , presents a theory that Mr. Anderson is NOT the One in the Wachowskis' The Matrix ...

Matrix-style Brain Implant Could Boost Memory
DARPA researchers want to place electrode arrays on brains to improve recall and reinforce muscle memories that don't exist.

Enter The Matrix! This iPad App Lets You "See" Wi-Fi Signals
... over everything. If you could see it, everything around us would ripple with information, like dropping a tab of acid after watching The Matrix ...

Holometer finds no evidence we’re living in a Matrix-like hologram … so far
Is our universe a two-dimensional hologram? It sounds like science fiction straight from “The Matrix,” but scientists are checking out the hypothesis ...