VS2003 or VS2005

Hi all, I've got a question for you. If I've got VS2005 installed in my system, but I need to code an ASP.NET v1.1 site, do I have to get VS2003 installed or is there some way to code it in VS2005?

0
Eggnima

unfortunately multitargeting won't be available until the next release of Visual Studio, at the moment codenamed Orcas. And it'll also only be available for .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 since those last 2 are actually more of extensions on the .NET 2.0 framework.
So yeah, at the moment when you want to create something for .NET 1.x you'll need the dedicated Visual Studio version.

Also know that Visual Studio .NET 2003 doesn't work apparently on Windows Vista.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Getting Started
If I were to get started doing quite a bit of custom DNN module work (including converting some existing ASP software applications to .NET and DNN) does everyone recommend:1. VS2003 and DNN3.12. VS2005 and I guess want for .NET 2.0 version of DNN3. some other IDE solution open source or otherwiseThanks,Kevin  ksuvalk wrote: If I were to get started doing quite a bit of custom DNN module work (including converting some existing ASP software applications to .NET and DNN) does everyone recommend:1. VS2003 and DNN3.12. VS2005 and I guess want for .NET 2.0 version of DNN3. some other IDE ...

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

Upgraded VB.NET from VS2003 to VS2005
I have added new components in C#.  The C# code preforms normally.  But changes in the VB code are not executed.  I can step through the VB code and watch it execute code that is no longer there.  I have run clean, and rebuilt the solution and web site. But I still get old code executed.  Where is the old module stored and how can I replace it? Thanks, Hi, Based on my understanding, when you run the code, the changes on the code is not applied. If we insert the breakpoint on that code, does it can be hit or show some warning message on the breakpoint? This looks ...

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Trouble getting started with rebulding DNN in VS2003
I'm trying to get a new copy of DNN3 setup for development.  I have a full copy of the latest version setup and runnign on a seperate local server.  I can connect and open the solution but cannot get a rebuild to run.Is there any notes on how to get DNN setup properly for development? What solution file are you using?iwonderMission, KS - USA Managed to get it working, had to clear out the cache....

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with Vista
Hello, Just getting started with my new Dell Vostro 1700 with Vista Business - just got IIS activated and now I am stuck.  My previous manual says to download .Net Framework 2.0 and SDK; but it seems that Vista comes with .Net Framework 3.0.  Do I need to download .Net Framework 2.0?  What about SDK?  Thanks!100% Born Buckeye You can install VS2005 onto Vista, though you will need to also install VS2005 SP1.When you install VS2005 it will isntall the framework and SDK for you so no problems there.  Yes, you don't need to install .NET 2.0 RTM on Vis...

Web resources about - VS2003 or VS2005 - asp.net.getting-started

Visual Studio 2010 C++ Project Upgrade Guide
Catch up on the latest news, events, and technical insights from the Microsoft Visual C++ product team. Learn about new compiler and IDE features, ...

Crash your JVM by killing the garbage collector!
My HotSpot 1.6.0_21 JVM crashes if the following code is run on it. And by "crashes", I mean that the JVM crashes and leaves an hs_err_pid####.log ...

Software Development Blog - Kory Becker
Software Development Articles by Kory Becker - .NET architecture, database design, GUI design, web services, tips, and tricks.

The Windows 7 Upgrade
... The HDD was 500GB, and it’s RAM was maxed out- at 2GB. This created special challenges for Miguel, since their software required VS2003, VS2005, ...

Visual Assist X - an add-in for Visual Studio by Whole Tomato Software
Visual Assist is an add-in to Visual Studio that allows you to read, write, navigate and refactor code.

Andrew Stopford's Weblog
Scott on organising your code for building, testing and deploying . Some good advice, in general I offer the following. Structure so the source ...

libtheora-1.1.1: changelog
Home - Back libtheora 1.1.1 (2009 October 1) - Fix problems with MSVC inline assembly - Add the missing encoder_disabled.c to the distribution ...