Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition

Can someon summzrize the difference between these two tools and why I should use one versus the other?

My goal is to learn ASP.NET with VB

0
dlcahall

Visual Web Developer Express edition is the tool for starting with ASP.NET. Visual Studio Express Editions are for developing desktop applications and component libraries.

You'll get a good start at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
10/15/2007 7:43:58 PM

well that is easy Visual web Developer is asp.net and is what you will want to use to learn asp.net with VB. the visual studio Express Editions are just the VB or C# or J# programming languages for creating Windows Desktop Apllications.

0
ilphrin

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition
 What is the Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition ?I am yet using ASP.NET  Through Visual Studio 2005 If I use Visual Web Developer Express Edition then which new facilities I get?Which is the best ?   Check out this page:Visual Studio 2005 Product Feature Comparisons Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! In a nutshell, the Express Edition suite of products from Microsoft are typically free and stripped of some features. Joseph GuadagnoMy Website: http://www.jose...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Visual Web Developer Express Edition, which released on 11/7/2005, is an easy to use, yet powerful, tool for developing ASP.NET 2.0 applications.  The free download is available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/default.aspxThis forum is a great place for questions and discussions about using Visual Web Developer Express.  Don't forget to also check out the other resources on www.asp.net, including the new Starter Kits, Quickstart and Guided Tour. Rich Ersek Web Platform & Tools Team Community Lead PM...

Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition #2
Hello, In this moment I work with Web Matrix using MS SQL 2000 and MS Access databases and ASP.NET 1.1. If I install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition will I be able to: 1. Create ASP.NET 1.1 web sites and preview them?     Probably  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition generates code in ASP.NET 2.0.     This is not a problem as I write all my code in my code editor. 2. Use MS SQL 2000 databases? I have Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installed in my computer. 3. Use Microsoft Access databases? The one that ships with Office 2003? (The la...

Creating a Centralized dll and migrating to visual studio 2005 from visual web developer express edition
HI, I would like to know if there is a way to create a centralized (only one) dll file for all the aspx files.Because when using visual studio 2003 when i click the build it automatically creates a dll file and puts it in the bin folder. But visual web developer does not seems to do it. the reason i want to do it is, when i up load the files to the web server there are 2 file for each aspx file(1 aspx file and 1 aspx.cs file). but if i just have 1 dll file for all the aspx file then i can only load the aspx file which looks less messy in the server.if i do this will it effect the perf...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition - asp.net.getting-started

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Tribunal rules that developer Michael Koundouris should fix Manhatten apartment building
Michael Koundouris says he will appeal a decision regarding a leaky apartment building. Canberra developer Michael Koundouris has lost his case ...

Tribunal rules that developer Michael Koundouris should fix Manhattan apartment building
Michael Koundouris says he will appeal a decision regarding a leaky apartment building. Canberra developer Michael Koundouris has lost his case ...

Epic Games Launches Unreal Match 3 to Help Developers Make Games
... 4 (UE4). While the game is available for users to play as a traditional game, it was built to be a learning resource to help aspiring developers ...

Oculus shipping final Rift hardware to developers starting this week
... release last night, Facebook-owned Oculus announced that it will begin shipping final, complete versions of its Oculus Rift VR headset to developers ...

Major app developers are bringing their apps to the Windows phone
Microsoft's plan to get apps onto phones that runs Windows seems to be working as more and more developers are bringing their apps to the platform. ...

Indian Solar Power Developer Azure Power Files For NYSE Listing
One of India’s leading solar power project developers, Azure Power, is looking at equity markets to raise funds to expand generation capacity. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Bubble, Bubble, ending the developer struggle?
For years now, I've been getting pitches from companies that promised to make application development as easy as finger painting. Instead of ...

Mobile developers: Here’s your chance to learn Swift, and fast
For any mobile developer, learning Swift is a must. It’s an intuitive and fast language that’s key to iOS, OS X, tvOS, and watchOS. This bundle ...