VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?

Hi to all

VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers??
Thanks, Hooker
0
hooker

Hi, how are you?

In C#, we have something like:
Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)...
So I basically can do:
Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16);

I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net.
Hope this Helps,
Covo
http://covodev.blogspot.com/

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein
0
covo
3/30/2004 1:26:45 AM
That should work, thanks.

I'm fine, BTW:-)
0
hooker

How to convert a hexadecimal number to normal number?
In VB.NET, how can I convert a hexadecimal number (like FF) to normal number (like 255) ?? Come on, gurus, this must be a piece of cake for you!:-) Any help appreciated, thanks, Hooker try to use System.Convert.ToInt16(your parameter) hope this work...if this doesn't work there should be some method in the 'convert' class.Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

inserting a decimal number from.net to stored proc. with decimal parameter
I'm trying to enter large number 99999999, (8 digits) converting to decimal in .NET, then using that as a parameter in stored proc. which has a decimal type (decimal(15,2) as a parameter. C#:if (txtAnnualizedSaving.Text.Trim() != string.Empty) {try { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = Convert.ToDecimal(txtAnnualizedSaving.Text); // only for testing ....scale = (System.Decimal.GetBits(sdata.AnnualizedSaving)[3] >> 16) & 31; }catch { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = 0; } }   ... In the business object I have the following code:private bool UpdateData() {bool ret = false; try ...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Probability for numbers in vb .NET
i know this is easy but im not good a math at all. Let say i have 4 numbers "3456" How do i wirte a short program to list out all the combination for "3456". For example 4356 6543 4365 got it? Try this (from here): Public Shared Function getCombinations(sourceArray() As String, size As Integer) As String() Dim i, j As Integer Dim sourceLength As Integer = sourceArray.Length If sourceLength < size Then size = sourceLength End If Dim indices(size) As Integer Dim count As Integer = 1 i = 0 ...

How to convert hexadecimal number in decimal ?
Hi, Can you explain me how can I convert an hexadecimal number in decimal ? For converting decimal in hexadecimal, I can use the function hex, but I didn't find a function for converting hex in dec. Thanks in advance, Jean-Paul _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/ From Programming Perl.. hex EXPR This function interprets EXPR as a hexadecimal string and returns the equivalent decimal value. (To interpret strings that might start with 0 = or 0x see oct.) If ...

Web resources about - VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number? - asp.net.getting-started

Hexadecimal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics and computer science , hexadecimal (also base 16 , or hex ) is a positional numeral system with a radix , or base, of 16. It uses ...

HexCalc - Hexadecimal Conversion Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get HexCalc - Hexadecimal Conversion Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fan translates all of The Talos Principle's hexadecimal messages
... terminals. The emails, websites, and literature passages found on the computer have bits of faux corruption inserted, made up of hexadecimal ...

The Colour Clock, Representing Time as a Hexadecimal Color Value
London-based digital designer Jack Hughes has created a visually mesmerizing project, The Colour Clock, as a way to represent time as a hexadecimal ...

Microsoft Removes Hexadecimal String “Big Boobs” From Computer Code
A developer recently stumbled upon computer code within a Microsoft program that has the hexadecimal string “0xB16B00B5.” That code translates ...

Google’s Easter Eggs For Binary, Octal & Hexadecimal
Log out of Google and search for [binary], [octal] and [hexadecimal] and you will see a little geeky easter egg. The easter egg shows the value ...

Hexadecimal time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... W. Nystrom in 1863. In 1997, the American Mark Vincent Rogers of Intuitor , unaware of Nystrom's system, proposed a similar system of hexadecimal ...

Hexadecimal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics and computer science , hexadecimal (also base 16 , or hex ) is a positional numeral system with a radix , or base, of 16. It uses ...

Flippy Bit And The Attack Of The Hexadecimals From Base 16 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flippy Bit And The Attack Of The Hexadecimals From Base 16 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.