using new line character in an xml file

Hi,

 I am having a problem using the new line character and storing it in an xml file.

I am trying to use a pre-defined web service which sends an email.

 So I am passing the email body as a node in the xml file which I send to the web service. Unfortunately the webservice does not expect the body of the email to be stored in the CDATA section.

 So when I try to have new line characters in my email body(I tried Environment.NewLine() as well as "\r\n"), it does not get recognised by the xml file web service and removes all the new line characters.

Is there any way I can get the email webservice to recognise the new line characters while sending the email.

Help would be appreciated.

thanks

Sat

0
Satishr23

try <br /> .

If format of Email is HTML, it should render a line break.

0
nirmshah_in

You need to replace the &#xa; you receive with \n

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg51978.html

if you like my post mark it as Answer

Regards,
Sunil