User logged in (and logged in on all pages)

Hello,

If i get a user to log in, after entering there username and password, when they go to other pages, how do i keep them logged in??? like this asp.net site, it says at the top, logged in as:Breenan, and cant see my username in the url address bar....
Any help????

Thanks again.
0
Breenan

There are many ways to store state information besides in a querystring (which shows up in the address bar)...

One common one is a Session variable which acts like a global variable for the entire application. The name could also be gotten from the database, every time the page loads, or it could even be stored in a cookie.
All these methods will save the username or any other info accross all pages of a web application...
hope this clears things up,
sivilian
My Weblogs
0
sivilian

Web page not detecting a logged in user/user not logging in
Hey guysAs it stands, I've created two web pages within my app. One is a login page which is simply a blank page with the login control dragged on top. Within this control I redirect to my second page which contains a set of asp:Panels that are supposed to hide/display depending on which user is browsing the page.I've read several tutorials and at the moment, I've installed memberships/roles using the aspnet_regsql application. I've also used the web administration tool to create an 'administrators' role and create a user which is assigned to that role. I've also ...

when i log in, I get the logged in view(which I have left it blank) not the appropriate logged in page ( the roles does not seem to work..)
Hello everyone, My website is online now. I can access my database online in one of the other page..but When I log in at the log in page, I see only the logged in view. I dont see the appropriate role's page. For example. John is from an admin roles group. When I log in using john's username and pword, I get a blank page (which I know for sure is the loggedin view page which I have left it blank). I have three roles and not of them seem to work,.,,It however works fine when I run it on my home computer locally (I change the webconfig file when i run my log in page .) &nb...

why after I log out my website and log in again. the last page that I logged out on thats the page I am redirected to...
why after I log out my website and log in again. the last page that logged out on thats the page I am redirected to...when logged in again. I thougt when you login though thr login control it goes to the assigned destination page. well, my website is not doing that. whatever page the user has last visited and the user decides to login again thats the page the user will be redirected to after they login. I am using the person website starter template. any ideas why this happens and/or how to fix it? This is the default behaviour of login control , it redirect back the user to the page that...

How to get the starting log offset from an active log?
Hi all, I'm running ASA 8.0.3.5324 and 8.0.1.3023 on Win 2K in a SQL Remote setup. For diagnostic purposes, I want to get the following values from the remote dbs: 1. starting log offset for the db 2. remote truncation offset of the db 3. starting log offset of all logs 4. ending log offset of all logs (Obviously this is used in order to find out about missing or duplicate log files and the like). I need to get these values automatically from an client app. This is possible if the remote db is not running via: a) DBLOG / DBChangeLogName for 1. and 2. value b) DBTRAN / D...

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

Passing ID during postback - page to page
Hello.  I have a page, it's a test page.  Right now I have a few ListView controls.  The first ListView has a select button called "Show Licenses", when this is clicked the licenses (very bottom) ListView is populated and now that I added the address ListView, that is populated as well.  How do I make it automatically populate when I am on a user in the first ListView, for example, when you first load the page, the user with greenId 2, their information would load in the other ListViews automatically without clicking the Show Licenses button. I also wan...

Serious issue: parts of pages render as if the user is logged in, parts render as if the user isn't logged in
'm having a very difficult time with some of our new pages. We've moved to a web farm, and it seems in spurts it will come where parts of my page think the user is logged in, and parts think the user is not logged in. It seems to happen to an entire control. (None of the controls have OutputCache set) For example, our login control on top will appear showing the user is logged inw hen they have been redirected to RegNewUser, but RegNewUser will display instead of redirecting as if the user were actually logged in. The MachineKey option in the web.config is set to a generated SHA1, s...

Problem in getting logged in user Name for ASPX page with (even with this.User.Identity.Name)
Hi  friends,  I am creating an application that takes current logged in user and displays on the page itself. for this I am getting the user name in PageLoad function by using this.User.Identity.Name and then storing the value in a hidden variable for aspx page. I am using this hidden  variable to display the name of the user. I am using Windows authentication for this. Now problem that I am getting is that when multiple user launch the application from different machine and if they click simultaneously, name of one user appears on the paged displayed on the machine of ot...

Logging log
Hi! I try to accomplish task described in http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/422609-mixed-login.html?pagenumber= and wonder I don't know how to keep log of logging? I mean, does ZCM is capable to keep logging log? As Altiris NS does? More thanks, Alar. -- NovAlf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You look like you want to log in to your zone as a user from either a eDIR or AD. And yes this is possible, it will search both Directories. http://www.theurbanp...

To log or not to log
Hello foremen, on a large database, trillions of SELECTs and DELETEs are going to be performed. After that, the database is going to be unloaded. The database uses a transaction log. Should I keep the log there along this process or "unmount" it after some parts of it (or even before the beginning)? In this case, nothing but the speed is important. The database is ASA 7.0.4.3498. Thanks Pavel LOG... ALWAYS LOG. Performance is dependent on the use of the log. Recommendations: 1) Ensure that the file system is not excessively fragmented 2) Host the db f...

Logged In As: Not Logged In
I installed ZCF 10.0.1 on a Win 2K3 server and when I install the ZEN client on a workstation the ZENWORKS client login comes up and I cannot log into it. It shows me the realm name of my tree and Zenworks Zone and I have tried both to no avail. When I look at the details of the adaptive agent it says, "Logged In As: Not Logged In" Any ideas? On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote: > Any ideas? Debug logs in ZCM http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132...

user log in log file
If I open GroupWise Client, it is logged into the poa log even before I put password information. How can I ensure that the user loged in (or didn't) in that time that log shows? Thankyou in advance. -- Fabio Martins OS/CN Analyst http://fabiomartins.net What exactly do you mean? If you mean "can I know if they actually succeeeded in logging in", no. imagine 3 possbilities user logs in correctly user has bad password user just cancels 1 and 3 look identical. 2 will give an FFFF error. "Fabio Martins" <contato@fabiomartins.net>...

Starting VNC server automatically at the log-in screen / prior to user log-in following Boot
For a remote server application, i.e. remote access / control using (real)VNC, the VNC server (for real VNC example = xOvncserver) needs to be started, before a remote connection can be established. So for a new power on condition / reboot without having any other users already logged in, the vnc server needs to be started / already running at the user log-in screen. In my personal case I am using Real VNC, which starts xOvncserver and Suse 12.1 (64bit) with KDE. (Thus the standard default option existing Yast2 is not suitable, since xorg-x11-Xunc and tightvnc removed due to com...

how to get user data from a logged in user
I have the standard login controls from ASP.NET 2.0 on my site. Now i've added a id field from another table to the aspnet_users table as FK. Now i want to use this ID (if the user is logged in) to populate my datagrid. How can i get this ID?  Erik    Check below link Work With Membership API HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hi Please follow the link http://forums.asp.net/thread/1702250.aspx and raise the problem you've meet :) Good luckBest RegardsXiaoYong DaiMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the ...

Web resources about - User logged in (and logged in on all pages) - asp.net.getting-started

Not logged in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not logged in Jump to: navigation , search Please log in to view or edit items on your watchlist. Retrieved from " http://en.wikipedia.org/w ...

Facebook Adds ‘Also On’ Box To Timeline Pages That Directs Logged-Out Users To Websites
Facebook added a new module to its timeline pages that directs users to the page owner’s website. continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Facebook hides page content from logged-out users
Facebook pages are no longer visible to users who are logged out of the social network. Users who visit fan pages without being signed into ...

Schuler Benson met his future wife after Facebook glitch logged him into her account
... man it turned out to be his portal to true love. Six years ago Schuler Benson switched on his phone to find that he had been accidentally logged ...

Water-logged victory proof St George Illawarra Dragons can keep pouring it on, says Gareth Widdop
St George Illawarra five-eighth Gareth Widdop says he knew the Dragons were the real deal when he walked victorious from a sodden Allianz Stadium ...

At least 40 migrants suffocate in water-logged boat hold in Mediterranean Sea
At least 40 migrants die after apparently being trapped and suffocating in the water-logged hold of a boat in the Mediterranean.

Twitter Kicks Off Its Logged-Off Crusade With India Cricket - Digital - Advertising Age
In its first orchestrated crack at reaching users beyond its walls, Twitter is turning to a massive market: India. During the lead up to the ...

Spotify Bug Kept Users Logged In to Facebook Even After They Disconnec - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD ...
Spotify's music software recently had a bug since removed that logged users back in to their Facebook accounts even after they'd actively disconnected. ...

Facebook sued for tracking users, even after they logged out
Hundreds of millions of people use Facebook and like (and love) it, but the regular stream of privacy problems encouraged me to delete my account ...

The spammer who logged into my PC and installed Microsoft Office
Spam text made a tempting offer—so I let the spammer take control of my PC.