Uploading/Downloading files with .NET Application

What's the best way to go about uploading/downloading/deleting files to
and from the server with .NET?  Basically, I am developing a
recruiting application and need to code this part to enable the users
to upload/download/delete their resumes.

Also, how do I make the code create a new folder under an existing folder on the server, and then upload the file at that location?  I will also need to display the user's uploaded resumes when the user navigates to the resume page of the application. How do I read the file names from a specific folder and display them in the browser?

Any information on the above ... off-hand suggestions, code examples, reference URLs, etc. would be highly appreciated!
0
leovish

Check out this article:
http://www.aspheute.com/english/20000802.asp

List all files in a directory in a DataGrid:

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

Problem in Downloading a File in .NET application
  We have encountered a small problem in our application . We have a screen in our application that downloads a file. Now what is happening is that while we are running the application in a Windows XP machine which has Service Pack 2 , on the click of Download button in the screen, an option appears for saving the file to the disk. As soon as a user clicks on Save button, the Application behind it closes. This is not happening when we have Service Pack 1 installed.This is creating much problem for the user as the user needs to Re-Login to the system everytime he downloads a file. ...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

Does anyone have vb.net code to download files from web application?
Does anyone have vb.net code to download files from web application? if not could you specify resources for this stuff. and also tell me should i need the knowledge of http headers,modules etc to make this kind of problems more understandable. Thank you Veeresh Hi Veeresh, FYI: http://aspalliance.com/259 - by Shark Regards,...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

file upload control for windows desktop application using vb.net
hi can anybody pls tell me the control for uploading a file in windows application using vb.net.I know that we have file upload control in asp.net for webforms as well as in html controls. But this time i've to create a desktop application and have a window form that allow user to upload the images,as well as text files etc through this window form. This is really urgent.Pls help. Thanks,Neha    In window forums you need to use SaveFileDialog to do the file saving... This forum is dedicatedly for Asp.Net related web development, so if you have any queries ...

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

How to upload an Outlook Message in File Upload control in .Net
Hi All, Is it possible to upload an outlook message from outlook in File Upload control.Please don't suggest to save the message onto the desktop and then upload it!   What I am after is really navigating to the outlook folders through the File Upload control and upload a message.  Thanks guys   If there is a way to do it, but it could be used to maliciously read someone's email folders, forgive me if I hope no one answers you. :)...

Web resources about - Uploading/Downloading files with .NET Application - asp.net.getting-started

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download can mean either any file that is offered for downloading ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading and downloading ...

I'm Downloading on the App Store on iTunes
Get I'm Downloading on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why is Dropbox so slow at downloading?
I've upgraded to the new version, and have relinked the machine that was upgraded. It's downloading at 5K per second. Why so slow? This is on ...

XBMCTorrent Plugin for Downloading or Streaming to XBMC from Torrent Sites ( i.e. PirateBay) - YouTube ...
YouTube: http://YouTube.com/user/xbmchelper XBMCast: http://xbmchelper.squarespace.com Official: http://xbmchelper.webs.com Website: http:// ...

Has downloading killed the video star?
It's a ritual as old as VHS.

You Might Not Get Fined For Downloading Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club pirates and torrenters, there may be a shining light at the end of the dark tunnel ahead of you. The studio behind the movie ...

Downloading movies and TV is not a crime
You wouldn't steal a car... but a movie or television show? Most of us seem fine with that.

Music Piracy - Illegal Downloading - Kazaa - Woman Loses Appeal
US woman loses $222,000 music downloading appeal

An epidemic in illegal downloading
Missing one episode of West Wing, thanks to constant schedule changes, was enough to set Mark and Kim down the road to online piracy.