Unable to start debugging on the web server. debugging failed because integrated authentication is not ....

And i am not even using integrated authentication, i set it to use forms authentication in the web.config ! i have a sample page that do it in the same page as i do but it works with them i can debug directly in Visual studio 2005 by F5, what could be wrong in my application, i checked the web.config and it is right, please anyone can help?

fzaynoun

ensure you use compilation=true in your config file.

regards, roni
---
speed up your applications with distributed caching or replicated caching: http://www.sharedcache.com - its free!
0
roni_schuetz
1/18/2008 12:04:59 AM

No everything was right, except one issue: while opening the site i choosed Local IIS, and it appears that this bring tons of problems, the first thing is the one mentioned here, the IIS demand integrated authentication even if not choosen in web.config. Also another problem mentioned in another of my posts ( http://forums.asp.net/t/1204789.aspx ) is that the web sdministration interface will make some problems, i guess these are related to the same cause.

Since i am new to all these asp.net iis matters i wonder if someone can explain what is happening theoratically; when i open a website choosing local iis in open dialog what is sthe difference and how this affect the debugging and the web administration.

 Thanks in advance

0
fzaynoun

Unlike the built-in ASP.NET web development server. Visual Studio sends debugging request to IIS server to debug ASP.NET web application. The HTTP request must be authenticated by using Windows Authentication first. Thus you must set the correct authentication method in IIS before debugging the web application.

To configure Integrated Windows Authentication in IIS, you can use this way:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x8a5axew.aspx

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled
 Hi all I use Vista home premium (SP1) + VS2005 Professional (SP1 + Update). When I press F5 on VS2005, it shows Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled I found that Windows Features > IIS7 > Security > there is no "Windows Authentication" click box. But, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937523/en-us this patch is only for VS2005 Team Suite. I cannot install it on VS2005 Professional. Any solution for it? as I found that this bug was started from Last year http://207.46.236....

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable.
Hi everyone,I am getting the following error while trying to run my window application in vs.net (vb.net),"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable."Can anybody help me to resolve this error? Try this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc Or search the forums: http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Unable+to+start+debugging&f=&u= Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it ...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to start debugging on the web server.Debugiing failed because Integrated Windows authentication is not enabled
Please help me as I am getting the following message when I run my Web Application in VS 2005."Unable to start debugging on the web server.Debugiing failed because Integrated Windows authentication is not enabled"   What happened when you enabled Windows Integrated Authentication in IIS?JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Cannot debug: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
We do not have this problem on any other machine, but one we cannot hit F5 and run, we get the following error: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. I'd like to to know what syntax it is talking about. If we manually attach we are fine, but this slows the process for that developer.  I only found one post on this and it wasn't much help as it was speaking to IIS 6.0 and server extensions which this computer does not have.  I cannot duplicate the error on any other machine that is configured the...

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..
Hello. Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.  Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i   ...

unable to start debugging on web server. server side error occured on sending debug HTTP request [:'(]
hi  i get the above error when i try to run my project. i'm using ASP.Net 1.1 and visual studio 2003. if i select debug --> start without debugging i get the following error : Server Error in '/OMP' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.Source Error: Line 10: <configuration> Line 11: &...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall.
I have been using ASP.net 2.0 VS 2005 express edition c# on a single machine with IIS 5.1. Browser is MS IE 7.0. There have been no problems until a few days ago.   Debugging works 30% of the time, albeit very slowly. 70% of the time I get this message: "Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall." This happens for old and new websites alike.   I have: stopped firewalls with no impact. de-registered and registered ASP 2....

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? Hi, i recommend u check this set of solutions Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCT...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Why do I receive the following from: <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SEVERNAME;database=databaseName;uid=sa;pwd=tester" /> </appSettings> SYMPTOMS When you debug an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio .NET, you may receive the following error message: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start wit...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.
Hi everyone, I work on C# project (VS 2008, framework 3.5, default Web Site)  that suddenly started giving me this error : "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.". The web.config is set : <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">. Any help will be greatly appreciated!     Did you try closing and then re-opening Visual Studio?Allan Horwitz Yes Hi, To better understand your issue, please confirm the following information: If we create a simple ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource
Hi When i try to compile/debug my application i get this popup error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource Does anybody know know how to resolve this?   Regards Macker       did you look at this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165025(VS.80).aspxKumar Reddi No   But i will have a look at it and see if that fixes my problem   Thanks I had this problem in VS 2005 when the IDE was viewing an xml file.  I would press F5 to start debugging and it would show t...

Web resources about - Unable to start debugging on the web server. debugging failed because integrated authentication is not .... - asp.net.getting-started

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app