Unable to make the session state request to the session state server - Please HELP!

 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.

Our Session State Mode has been

<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>

Here is the Error we get randomly

Exception: System.Web.HttpException

Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Source: System.Web

What was changed?

--- -- --- ---- --- ------

On 7/8/2006 there were 3 changes applied to the web server:

  1. Increased the RAM on the server from 2GB to 4GB
  2. Modified BOOT.INI on the server to manage context switching with hyperthreading enabled on the server - the server is dual processor
  3. Procedure update in the database

 I need some assistance to resolve this error. Users only course of action when they encounter this error is to close the browser and re-enter the application with a new browser instance.

Event Log entry ( it does not give us any information)

--- ---- ---------------------

An error occurred in while processing a request in state server. Major callstack: ProcessCompletion-->ProcessReading-->Tracker::Read. Error code: 0x80072747

BOOT.INI

--------------

-BOOT.INI file on the web server

 BOOT.INI

[boot loader]

timeout=5

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard /PAE /3GB" /fastdetect /INTAFFINITY /PAE /3GB

C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

We've been running the ASP.NET State Server service on the same server as the CHECM application. We also don't believe the AllowRemoteConnection parameter in the registry has ever been set to a value other than zero.

We've also been searching MS KB and other internet resources for possible solutions but have not found anything specific to this error code. There are similar errors reported and one possible resolution was to add the stateNetworkTimeout setting to the application web.config file. Default is 10 seconds and it could be bumped up to as much as 20 seconds. However it did not help. Finally, Based on Microsoft KB Article 896600, the cause of the error appears to be related to session requests made to the ASP.NET State Server. Nothing seems to be helping.

Please Help

0
InSeeyked

EmbarrassedSad

Anybody…here help please!

0
InSeeyked

Good news for those of you who get "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server." error..
Dear all,Due to the known problem of session variables getting lost if using InProc-server during frequent changes in development, I had to choose between SQL and ASP.NET State server, so I opted for the second. Initially, all fine, but after using it for a few days, I started to get this error: Server Error in '/cv2' Application.Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accep...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Visual Studio 2005
 Hi, I have recently been given a PC with Vista on it, and installed Visual Studio 2005 pro. I then moved a ASP.net web project from an XP machine to the Vista one. When I run the project from inside Visual Studio (debug mode) everything works fine on the front end of the website, but if I try and log in I get the following error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that i...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Unable to make the session state request to
Here is the Error we get randomly Annoyed me to death and could not figure out , I am hoping that someone might have experienced similar problem Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnecti...

Unable to make the session state request
We use the asp .net state service in our application (.NET Framework Version: 2.0.50727.832, IIS: 6.0). From time to time we're getting errors like the following on our production machines (not reproducable on development, test and prelive machines): Event code: 3009 Event message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Details: last phase='Reading response from the state server', error code=0x80072746, size of outgoing data=4089442   I assume, that it has something to do with the session size, because whenever we get the error, it has a s...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Session_End Event in global.asax is not exeuting when the session state mode is state server or sql server
Hi, The code written in global.asax file Session_End()  Method is not executing when the session state mode is state Server Or sqlserver. can any body please suggest me how can i trap the seesion_end Event when the mode is state server.            You cannot.  Only when your session state is set to InProc will that event fire.  This is by design. The other 2 modes represent out of process (and possibly off-box) services that do not have the ability to raise events inside of your app.  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code s...

how to store data in state server mode of session state
How do I store and retrieve data in state server mode of session state? How do i increase integer in label control when user adds item in shopping cart? for ex (2) items added. when the user adds a third item the label control should say (3) items added. Thank you, Farhan Hi,You do not have to do anything special in your code You can use the Session object in the normal way and need not do anything. ASP .Net handles it behind the scenes.Store your variables using the session object like, Session("Items") = 5  and so onHibrihttp://www.hibri.net...

Web resources about - Unable to make the session state request to the session state server - Please HELP! - asp.net.getting-started

Barack Obama speech to joint session of Congress, February 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's first State of the Union Address was the 2010 State of the Union Address . The speech was delivered on the floor of the chamber of the ...

UN Security Council holds emergency session on North Korea after rocket launch
The United Nations Security Council began an emergency meeting on North Korea's rocket launch on Sunday, with diplomats expected to condemn Pyongyang ...

How the NYT presents the "session on diversity" that the University of Missouri requires for its new ...
The article, by John Eligon, is called "University of Missouri Struggles to Bridge Its Racial Divide." I was able to tell I was reading about ...

Larwyn’s Linx: Exposed: Open-borders GOP lobbyists attack Sessions, Cruz
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Exposed: Open-borders GOP lobbyists ...

EXCLUSIVE– Donald J. Trump First Candidate to Reply to the ‘Sessions Test’
EXCLUSIVE Donald J. Trump First Candidate to Reply to the 'Sessions Test'

Saturday Sessions: Josh Ritter performs "Getting Ready To Get Down" - Videos - CBS News
The winter marks 50 years in the life of San Francisco's most famous music venue. The Fillmore helped make names of Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful ...

Sen. Sessions: Trump And Cruz Pass On Immigration, Questions Remain About Rubio
Sen. Sessions: Trump And Cruz Pass On Immigration, Questions Remain About Rubio

Kamduni rape and murder case: Sessions court sentences 3 convicts to death, 3 get life imprisonment
Kamduni rape and murder case: Sessions court sentences 3 convicts to death, 3 get life imprisonment - Six of the total eight were held guilty ...

Gold Weaker On Profit Taking in Choppy, Two-Sided Session
Gold prices were ending the U.S. day session weaker Tuesday, on some profit taking and technical chart consolidation after posting modest gains ...

Myanmar house begins new session dominated by Suu Kyi party
CBC.ca Myanmar house begins new session dominated by Suu Kyi party Fox News NAYPYITAW, Myanmar – Hundreds of newly elected legislators, a ...