Trying to get .NET app (Duwamish) working...

Hi all,

I need some help getting Duwamish (7.1) working. I've done the following:
  • installed IIS and Visual Studio .NET
  • configured ISS to use SDK (aspnet_regiis.exe -i) - thanks Xanderno!
  • installed MSSQL 2000, tested the connection

So here are the symptoms:
http://localhost:888/Duwamish does load BUT category links on the left hand side link to http://localhost/Duwamish/... without the port no. Now some links point to the right host; this is a little odd to me (I'd expect all relative links to point to the host w/o proper port if it were a standard config issue).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sacha

0
glibc

Found the problem!

Many (if not all) pages in Duwamish inherit from Duwamish7.Web.PageBase and generate FIXED URLS (why they don't use relative URLs like the rest of the app. I haven't figured out). Anyways, for some reason the folks at MS didn't think that someone might run the IIS on another port but the default (80) and wrote PageBase in such a way that it generates a url suffix which ignores the port.

SOLUTION change the PageBase() method as follows:
public PageBase ()
{
  try
  {
      urlSuffix =  Context.Request.Url.Host + ":" +      Context.Request.Url.Port + Context.Request.ApplicationPath;
      pageUrlBase = @"http://" + urlSuffix;
  }
  catch
  {
      // for design time
  }
}

Cheers,

Sacha

0
glibc

Trying to get odp.net to work
Hi,I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and trying to get odp.net to work with it (I'm using Oracle 10g) When I create a new connection, I could choose from the following (I omitted the obvious choices that I won't select like SQL server, access, etc.)Oracle Database<other>  Which should I select? Then what should I select in the "Data Provider" drop down?There are not any odp.net selections. What can I have wrong. I have added Oracle.DataAccess as a reference for my project but am not sure how to verify it. Thanks for any help Carl ...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

trying to run a .net app and getting error. Anyone know why? Thanks!
c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\vbc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.enterpriseservices\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.enterpriseservices.dll" /R:"c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.data\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.data.dll" /R:"c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.drawing\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.drawing.dll" /R:"c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.web.mobile\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.web.mobile.dll" /R:"c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.xml\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.xml.dll" /R:"c:\windows...

Trying to get a 2.0 site (with AJAX.NET) working on Server 2000
I recently wrote an application using AJAX.NET (and obvioulsy .NET 2.0).  When I went to publish the site on the server I realized that neither .NET 2.0 or AJAX.NET were installed.   I downloaded both and installed.  Rebooted the server to be sure.   After I created the virtual directory, I went to check the site.  I got a parse error ont he web.config file, immediately I realized that I forgot to set the site to 2.0 from 1.1 (like I do EVERY SINGLE TIME, but that is not here nor there).    The wierd thing is, is that once I switched over to 2.0 when...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Installed .Net 3.5, now Web App. doesnt work and get Performance Library Errors
Hey guys, Need some help on this one.  Two days ago I had a server admin install .Net 3.5 on my machine and now all .Net apps no longer work on the server.  I need help.  I am in deep water and this is what I have done after realizing this problem.First I received a 404 2 0 Page error which after looked up could mean the ASP.NET frameworks not found. 1. Uninstalled all .Net frameworks.2. Fresh clean install of Frameworks one by one start with 2.0 then jumping to 3.5 both being redistributable packages.3. Restarted IIS, Application pools and still nothing4. Ran aspnet_regi...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Web resources about - Trying to get .NET app (Duwamish) working... - asp.net.getting-started

Duwamish Head - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...  /  47.595°N 122.386°W  / 47.595; -122.386 Coordinates : 47°35′42″N 122°23′10″W  /  47.595°N 122.386°W  / 47.595; -122.386 Duwamish Head ...

Loss of Federal Recognition Leads to Loss of Artifacts for Duwamish
Losing its federal recognition status during the Bush administration has also meant a loss of artifacts for the Duwamish Tribe in Washington ...

Duwamish Tribe closer to recognition
The Duwamish Tribe the indigenous people of Seattle has one fewer hurdle in its legal battle with the U.S. government to gain federal recognition. ...

Man swims 55 miles of Duwamish River, finds it’s ‘still alive’
Mark Powell swam the Duwamish, Seattle’s only river and home to an ongoing Superfund cleanup, finishing up a 55-mile adventure.

Macklemore on the Duwamish: My river is filthy
... the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and local government officials to provide an adequate cleanup plan for the toxically polluted Duwamish ...

The Morning News: Continued Heat Creates Water Concerns, and the Duwamish Vow to Keep Fighting for Recognition ...
... of them . Here's the path to one along Lake Washington. E.S. All of These Secret Seattle Beaches and Parks Belong to You: Use them ! Duwamish ...

Currently Hanging: Juliet Shen and the 11 Artists of the Duwamish River Residency Show
... print, which feels part-written, part-painted. Meet the local project that inspired Shen: an informal summer artist residency on the Duwamish ...

Boeing Plant 2
'Secrecy of Boeing Plant 2 was so crucial during World War II that Boeing built houses of plywood and fabric and installed fake streets to camouflage ...

State Route 99
SR 99 begins in Fife at I-5 Exit 137 and ends near Everett Mall at I-5 Exit 189. SR 99 is 51.64 miles long. 2004 Update: The 2004 legislative ...

The "Classic" Kulluk - Shell
... in Seattle, you may have noticed, for the past several months, a majestic tower of steel rising out of Elliot Bay, at the mouth of the Duwamish ...