Trouble with site since hard drive wipe

I had to wipe my hard drive and re install everything. Now I am having trouble with my site. At first I was not able to log into my site at all. I am using VS 2008 & VB.net. I am using forms authentication and authenticating the user with Active Directory.

What I have found is that I am able to log into the site with one user name only. All my other user names cause a authentication error which I know is wrong because I use them every day on our network and they are valid. I thought that it was somehow using windows authentication as I was logged into the PC as the user name that I was able to access my site with so I tried logging into the PC with another user name and was not able to log into my site with that user name but the other one still worked.

I am confused! There is obviously a setting somewhere that I do not have set correctly but I'm not sure where.

Any thoughts or questions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty

0
TBarton

It's working now. Not sure why as I have not changed a single line of code.

Ty

0
TBarton

Installed On external Hard drive, Unable to start windows without external hard drive plugged in.
I installed 11.3 on my external usb hard drive and now without it plugged in I can't boot windows 7. If i go into boot options and select boot off hard disk I get initializing GRUB 1.5... Failed Error 21. How do I fix this? I know I'm a total nub but I need to fix this so i can take my laptop to class. (side question, it's a sata drive, so i was thinking about buying an old esata enclosure and switching from USB to Esata, will that mess up anything?) -- mstubler ------------------------------------------------------------------------ That's because y...

I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it.
Name: Email: djfrohnAyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. Comments: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.10 MindQuizSearchToolbar/1.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla...

I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. #3
Name: Email: djfrohnAyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. Comments: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. " you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it." How Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 YFF35 ...

I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. #2
Name: Email: djfrohnAyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. Comments: I keep having trouble with my email; it seems to have started when I installed Mozilla Firefox. Since I can apparently get no help, my ony choice is to uninstall it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.10 MindQuizSearchToolbar/1.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla...

created tt site published and now i get this on start of site
Line 2:  <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> http://65.124.153.124 what did i do wrong? what .net version is your site set for? The site is 2.0, your server is probably only set for 1.x i did a repair on the .net 2.0 install adnd i still get this error and i put the schema location in the web browser and i get page not found Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the...

Hard Drive Trouble
Greetings, A few months ago I added a second hard drive and installed Mandrake 8.0 with no problems. At the time I was dual booting with Win ME. I've switched back to 98SE and have decided to do away with Mandrake and use that 2nd drive for Windows. So, I formatted it from within Windows. I can see the drive in explorer and write to it. Now, the problem: Scandisk will not get past cluster 3000 or so on a surface scan. I set it to automatically fix the errors. Eventually I have to cold boot. The disk is not detected at all when I boot to dos. When I'm booted to Windows I ca...

Trouble with getting start ?
Hi everyone, I have a problem with getting my project run. I put everything in my .aspx design but when i click "Start", IE appears with nothing inside and the address in IE is empty ??? Anyone helps me please Did you specify your start page?, if not in VS right click and PICK "Set as Start Page"... Christian CalderonNeed to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!Classic ASP Framework I am using Web Matrix, where should i right click ? I didn't see "Set as Start Page" ? Hi Harmonic, I've been using .net web matrix for just about ...

how to get start with .NET

Trouble getting site
Hello all, I'm having trouble pulling a certain site. Ordinarily this script works perfectly, but it just doesn't want to retrieve this site. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! -John print &WWWget("http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/CSRD/spring2001/(AAS).html"); sub WWWget { # Create a user agent object use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = new LWP::UserAgent; $ua->agent("Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt" . $ua->agent); #Timeout my $timeout = 10000; # Create a request my $req = new HTTP::Request GET => $...

Trouble Getting Started!!!
Been playing around now for quite some time to get Imanager and Netwtorage working with no luck. At one point I had them working but only internally. That was imanager 1.2.2 on eDir 8.6.2. I have recently installed eDir 8.7.3 and iManager 2.0.2 and I get nothing. At one point when I tried to access the iMnager or Netwtorage page I got "this page cannot be displayed". Now my browser just spins and spins. I think it has something to do with tomcat or apache but not sure what. I am very unfamiliar with these two. I've looked for a TID that is for me andno luck. Can an...

Hard drive troubles.
A PATA Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 160GB ATA/133. Code: YAR41BW0 K,G,C,D SN: Y44ZJ3EE 6Y160P0042801 Not like all of that is going to do any of us any good. I don't know for sure how the old card died, but it did. I know a few pins on the ribbon cable got shorted. In the end the motor simply would not spin up. Found and ordered a new card, finally came in from Malaysia today. The only appreciable or noticeable difference between the new and old card is the memory chip which is a samsung, whereas the old card has a winbond chip. New card installed and the drive spin...

Wiping Hard Drive
Hi, I just downloaded a free program called Eraser that claims to overwrite the empty space on your harddrive with random characters, making it impossible to recover deleted material. Question: Would this Eraser program make software like Window Washer unnecessary? I mean, you can delete your cache, history, and url bar right from your browser, which I think should label those spots on your hard drive as unused. If you then wipe the hard drive, this information should be unrecoverable. Is this correct? Thanks. Go ahead and try it. Plz let us know how it works. Regard...

Getting Start With .net

Trouble getting started
 I have created a new website on my server.  I save my first page and try to open it and this is the error I get......  can anyone help me...  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on ...

Web resources about - Trouble with site since hard drive wipe - asp.net.getting-started

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in Northern Ireland which spilled over at various times into England, the Republic of Ireland , and mainland Europe . The duration of the Troubles ...

App Store - Temple Trouble
Get Temple Trouble on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

trouble - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You can see him kneading the styrofoam peanuts he loves them so much...

"When Mitt Romney Came to Town" (Full Version - [Audio Trouble]) - YouTube
PLEASE NOTE: New upload with good audio is at: http://youtu.be/Ad_E8VXm4m0 (audio sync issues with the version you're on now were not apparent ...

Latest Loss Perfectly Encapsulates All That Troubles Philadelphia Eagles - Bleacher Report
The Philadelphia Eagles had a chance to take control of the NFC East on Saturday night. Instead, they came through with yet another dud, showcasing ...

Apple is reportedly having trouble making the iPhone's coolest feature work on the iPad
Apple is having trouble bringing 3D Touch to the iPad, according to Apple blog AppleInsider , citing sources familiar with the problem. The ...

Meet the 77-year-old grandma scaring away trouble in Milwaukee
Martha Freeman, also known as "Mama," took matters into her own hands to clean up the streets in her Milwaukee neighborhood

Neato's new vacuum is cheaper than Roomba, but more trouble
In the robot vacuum wars, Neato has made a name for itself by developing cheaper, laser-guided devices that are just as effective as iRobot's ...

SpaceX may have run into trouble with Thursday’s Falcon 9 rocket test
The private space firm is currently planning to launch its newly upgraded Falcon 9 rocket for the first time since June, but some unexpected ...

Why The Great App Unbundling Trend Is Already In Trouble
Tech companies' thirst for more of our home screens may be starting to backfire. Just a year or two ago, some of the biggest mobile apps were ...