The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'Map'

Hi all,

I had encountered this error and I am not sure what is the reason behind.

I have a few classes and all are having namespace Map.

But when I compile, it give me this error.

Can someone please help?

bslim67

 Are the classes you mentioned all in a folder called 'Map'? If so, try renaming the folder and see if that fixes the problem.

Please mark helpful posts as "Answer"
0
ijoxley
11/26/2007 1:11:00 PM

Hi Bslim67,

Based on my understanding, there are a couple of classes which have the same namespace. When you compile your project, you get the error message above. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

The error message above indicates that there are two classes which have the same class name “Map” in the same namespace. Please check if you declare two classes with the same class name in this namespace.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'xxxxx'
The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'xxxxx'  I am not sure why I am receiving the above error when I try to compile the website. My colleague can compile the same files fine without receiving this error. Can someone please help?Thanks!  check whether you have a copy of the file with different name but using the same class (duplicate file). In My case, i have a backup copy for a aspx file. Delete the file or exclude from the project will solve the problem. Thanks & RegardsJaiswar Vipin Kumar R.Mumbai - IndiaContact : +91 9...

Trying to create .net assembly
I'm just migrated a pfc based application from 10.5 to 12.1. The main reason for the migration was to reuse code in a .net application. To that end I've attempted to create a .net assembly. After adding the .net assembly target using the existing app I then tried to deply it but get the following error: Error when compiling generated C# code: a_madcst(4,16): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'c__a_madcst' Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Thank You , Mike Mike, Please cla...

The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for...
I am following the construction of an ecommerce application and in one .cs file, I get this error in several classes.What does this exactly mean and how, in VS2005, can I fix this?  Do a global search through your VS2005 project for the name of that namespace. VS2005 may object, depending on compile options, to identically named namespaces and classes or web.config type definitions. The other interesting thing to note is that when I rename the clases the error still exists. How do I do a search? Do I have to a manual search? I don't see a search option. Sorry if this sound...

The namespace '' already contains a definition for 'testSurvey'
I have a web user control  with a code behind file and this is the error I get...below is the code behind fileusing System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using System.Collections;using System.Web;using System.Web.Security;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;    public class testSurvey : System.Web.UI.UserControl <--ERROR HERE with 'testSurvey{    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Label1;    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Lab...

''''''''''''''''''''

Give access to non virtual folder through configuration entry? ERROR: <location> path attribute must be a relative virtual path. It cannot contain any of '?' ':' '\' '*' '"' '<' '>' or '|'.
I have a webpage running under a virtual directory that is mapped to d:/webapplication that produces an excel spreadsheet, the page calls a library object that generates a report and places it in a folder d:/attachments. This folder is not in the virtual directory. When I access the webpage i click a button and it attemps to return the created spreadsheet as a mim content type application/vnd.ms-excel. However i getting redirected back to the login page of the application. Ive also noticed that the excel spreadsheet has not even been created at this location. So assuming this...

'''''

How to solve "The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'GlobalResources' " error?
Hi all, I added GlobalResources.resx file, and after that I added some new GlobalResources.en-UK.resx and GlobalResources.en-USA.resx in to the same App_GlobalResources folder. and when I run that, I got the following error. Anyone know how to solve that? Thanks in advance. The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'GlobalResources' c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\test\fd6f5dcd\3422fafa\App_GlobalResources.gzcj0ni8.1.cs 26  I have the same issue even though it's described on msdn h...

DetailsView Converts '<' & '>' to '&lt;' & '&gt;'

For some reason though it appears that one of my class files (_common.cs - in the App_Code directory) is being included in the WAP .dll file as well as when it compiles the App_Code at runtime.error CS0433: The type 'inlinehockey._common' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\assembly\dl3\3657f4e6\cd91aef5_4d5cc601\inlinehockey.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\App_Code.xad_ajc1.dll'  The error was not knowing what dll to use for the type w...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

Allowing '->' and '=>' in C<...>
On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 12:03:51AM -0500, Ronald J Kimball wrote: > I'm concerned that someone may find another exception, and then another, > and then another, and soon POD parsing becomes extremely complicated. Too late - thats already the case with special-handling -> and => inside of C<...>. It won't get significantly more or less complicated by limiting what can appear to the left of [-=]>. In fact its more likely to make the code less complicated. > > its not enough to simply be '->' or '=>', perhaps we only want to allo...

Web resources about - The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'Map' - asp.net.getting-started