string and string[]

hello,

whats the difference here

between string and string[]

thanks

0
afrika

"string" denotes an item of type String

"string[]" denotes an array of type String items

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck
4/16/2008 4:38:37 PM

Gracia mon amiSmile

0
afrika

String and String[]
What will be the advantage of using myString: String[10] over myString: String Man wrote: > What will be the advantage of using > myString: String[10] > over > myString: String "String[10]" is a fixed-length, statically allocated, Ansi-based ShortString. "String" is a dynamic-length, dynamically allocated, reference counted, Ansi-based or Unicode-based (depening on Delphi version) Long string. Unless you absolutely need the static, fixed length nature of ShortString, such as in records that interact with external systems, you should stay ...

string() = string()
this code does not work (not instance of object) Dim Items(), Other() As String Items = New String() {"A","B","C"} Other = New String() {} Other = Items how can I get all the values ? angiras Hi, If I understand your requirement correctly, this should do it Dim Items() As String = {"A", "B", "C"} Dim Other(Items.Length - 1) As String Items.CopyTo(Other, 0) To more closely match you code above, but this will be less efficient Dim Items(), Other() As String ...

string to string[]
Hi, I've got this code : string[] Params; string SQL = "SELECT * FROM T_MANAGEMENT_PAGES"; SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(SQL, myConnection); myConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader(); try { while (myReader.Read()) { Params_Type = myReader.GetValue(0).ToString(); } } catch { } finally { } myReader.Close(); My problem is to obtain Params_Type. But each time, it says : "impossible to convert '[object]' in 'string[]' &quo...

String and string?
Hi guys, I was wondering the difference between small letter string type and a capital letter String type. Does anyone know about this? Highly appreciate for your answers! Thankz! The "proper" version is String, as it references the System.String class of the .NET Framework Class Library. The ability to use string is provided by C#, where it is an alias to String. Similarly, the "proper" version of an integer is Int32, as it references System.Int32.  The ability to use int is provided by C#, and the ability to use Integer is provided by VB.NET, and both int and Integer are aliases...

a string in a string in a string in my code behind....
I know my title talk about code-behind, but this is really a client-side problem (and surely a newby one too, sorry about that).I have a javascript function that my make a little text appear when the onmouseover event of a link is activated.So, normally, if my link was inside my html code, it would be something like this:<a href = "whocare.com"  onmouseover="poplink('I want to test something');">test</a>BUT, for some reason, I have to write this part in code behind with the LiteralControl function....and that will give something like that:this.Controls.Add(new LiteralCo...

m_AVP As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String) ,not defined?
   I am creating a usercontrol (ascx,ascx.vb)   I have used Imports system.Collections Imports system.Collections.Generic     Private m_AttributeValuePair As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String)     But I am gettting an error “Type Dictionary is not defined”   And also I am getting intelisense to type the line But what is the reason for my error ? How can I get escape from the error ?         this error is not showing today  ...

How to copy strings in array of strings....I am getting some errors....
Hi, I want to display all the file names that are present in a specified directory....say "C:\data" in a GridView for that I am using the following: Imports System.IOPartial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.PageProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim strFileSize As String = ""Dim di As New IO.DirectoryInfo("C:\data") Dim aryFi As IO.FileInfo() = di.GetFiles()Dim fi As IO.FileInfo For Each fi In aryFi strFileSize = (Math.Round(fi.Length / 1024)).ToString() Response.Write(fi.Name)...

String Manipulation
 Hello all, Using VB I'm trying to have a multiline textbox that a user will put in a quantity and a name as follows: 3xApple2xPear4xOrangeAnd when they click a button I want each part of this as a separate value, so far I have the following: Function GetSingleCards(ByVal AllFruits As String) As String Dim OurFruits As String() = Nothing Dim SingleFruit As String Dim ReturnThis As String OurFruit = AllFruits.Split(vbCrLf) For Each SingleFruit In OurFruits ReturnThis &= SingleFruit & ", " '...

How to replace string starting with "<!-- Start Here" and ending with "End Here-->" with another string?
I found a site yesterday that showed how to do this, but never saved it. For the life in me I can't seem to find it again. I'm sure its a function of some string class but I can't find it. In a much larger string I need to replace a string starting with "<!-- Start Here" and ending with "End Here-->" with another string? ThanksUsing Visual Studio 2005. Language: C# string s = "<!-- Start Here This is a test End Here-->"; s = s.Replace("<!-- Start Here ", ""); s = s.Replace(" End Here-->", "&qu...

RSA Encryption
Here is my goal:1. Take a string2. Encrypt it 3. Pass it as a parameter in the QueryString4. Decrypt it The value starts as a string, then is converted to a byte[] and then encrypted.  The resulting byte[] is converted to a string and send as a parameter.  The recieving page decrypts the string (creates a byte[], decrypts to a new byte[], and the value is finally parsed for its values) I am using http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemsecuritycryptographyrsacryptoserviceproviderclasstopic.asp with a small modification t...

Difference between String and string
When would you use String as apposed string, when writing functions certain functions work when defined as private string help ( string param){ } Others require the following private string help ( String param){ } Does anybody know why? In C#, string is an alias for the .NET Framework provided type String (and recall C# is case sensitive). I am not aware of any compelling reason to use one vs. the other.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

How to Encrypt a String to a String?
Hi Folks,I’m using Triple DES to encrypt a string… the output of the encryption is a byte array.However, I want to store the encrypted result as a string in a SQL Database and not as a byte array.(The reason I want to store it as a string, is to be able to copy & paste the result to a standalone windows form application  to decrypt it...) I’ve tried taking the byte array, converting it into a string…And then reconverting it into a byte array for the decryption. This causes an error upon decryption…How can I convert the encrypted byte array into a string and back into a byt...

REPLACE STRING IN STRING
Hello! I use SQLANY 5.5.05 and loking for one function which will do following: find string in string and replace it with another string. In version ASA 6 I found function STUFF which I think do something like this. Is there anything in 5.5.05? Regards Tomaz Try this: create function ReplaceString(in str long varchar,in old_substr char(255),in new_substr char(255)) returns long varchar begin // Change all occurrences of old_substr to new_substr in str. declare start_pos integer; declare found_pos integer; declare new_str long varchar; set new_str=&#...

Count no of strings in a string
dim ref as string ="<a href=""/iyp/yp/ypkeywordsearch.do?" hi i would like to know something how do i count the number of ref in a html document??you see i have another string call htmldoc(it contains a html document of a web page) and i want to extract all the ref in htmldoc how do i do that? 2) How do i include a closed inverted comma in a string?? dim a as string = "abcde"fghijk""" How do i use the mid method to seacrh from " ?? 1) You should learn about Regular Expressions 2) Double the quotes: "abcde"...

Web resources about - string and string[] - asp.net.getting-started

Damac Properties strips Donald Trump's name from Dubai golf complex over 'Muslim ban' comments
A billboard outside the Akoya by Damac complex had shown Trump in a red hat swinging a golf club against a backdrop of a lush green golf course ...

Tesla now using leftover upholstery leather from its cars to make stylish iPhone cases
Just barely in time for Christmas, Tesla updated its online store to add new apparel and accessories, including new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus leather ...

JJ Abrams Says ‘The Raid’ Stars Are “Incredible” In ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
Three of the main actors from Gareth Evans ’ The Raid and The Raid 2 have roles in J.J. Abrams ‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens . How did The Raid ...

Kurt Russell blasts gun control push: “I think it’s absolutely insane”
When reporters want to discuss firearm policies with Kurt Russell, they’d better bring a better game than the hapless Jeffrey Wells managed. ...

U.S. officials search for missed red flags ahead of San Bernardino shootings
Washington Times U.S. officials search for missed red flags ahead of San Bernardino shootings Washington Times . FBI Searches Underwater ...

Tokyo’s drone squad will deploy 10-foot drones armed with nets to police the sky
(credit: Metro) In an effort to enforce no-fly-zones across the city, Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department is launching a drone squad. According ...

Season two of the gripping podcast Serial is now available
From the creators of The American Life and hosted by Sarah Koenig, the popular podcast Serial began last year. Telling a true story surrounding ...

Dow And DuPont Merging To Create Massive Chemical Voltron In $130B Deal
It may sound like the perfect marriage of the cold war era, but it’s 21st century business all over: Dow and DuPont, the two oldest, biggest ...

Heartbroken Kristin Cavallari Takes Walk After Learning of Missing Brother ...
People Magazine Heartbroken Kristin Cavallari Takes Walk After Learning of Missing Brother ... People Magazine A somber Kristin Cavallari ...

Police: Maryland Man Had Plans to Attack Government Offices
Police: Maryland man arrested with guns inside vehicle, planned to attack government offices