Store and get flash files from SQL Server

Hi Everyone,

I want to store and get flash files(.swf extension) from sql server. I tried using the image datatype in sql server which stores binary data. Is this correct? Also, how can i get the file out from sql server?
Thanks alot,
Henry
Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing
0
henryw

Yes.

Check out this article on retrieving images from SQL Server (just replace image-specific stuff, which is NOT very much, with flash-specific stuff).
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
9/20/2004 3:56:01 PM
hi,

thanks for the reply, i had no problem with images but i can't work it out with flash. As you mentioned, replace flash specific stuff. Can you explane in more detail, what specific stuff?
Thanks very much,
Henry
Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing
0
henryw
9/20/2004 5:27:24 PM
I'm not really sure since I haven't done any flash work.  Do you know how to display shockwave images not retrieved from a database?
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
9/20/2004 8:10:56 PM
Hi!

No, I haven't did any shockwave images retrieved from a database. But i did get (jpg, gif) image from the database saved as binary.
I used response.writebinary() to write the (jpg, gif) image from the database, this will automatically generate the image out to the page. But if i do the same thing for flash, it doesn't work.
Thanks a lot,
Henry
Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing
0
henryw
9/21/2004 4:25:37 PM
Assuming tempStream is the binary SWF file, something like this does not work?

Response.ClearContent()
Response.Charset = String.Empty
Response.ContentType = "application/x-shockwave-flash"
Response.BinaryWrite( tempStream.ToArray() )
Response.End()
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
9/21/2004 4:55:38 PM
hi DarrelNorton,

Thankyou sooooo much! it works!!!
henry
Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing
0
henryw

How to get Excel or PDF file stored into SQL server ?
I've created a table in SQL server to store/retrieve binary file, I used image as field type to store that binary and add another filed to store the image type, I saved image file, excel, pdf, word, etc. successfully in an ASP.NET environment, and I can retrieved the image files by add simply two lines as below: Response.ContentType = myDataReader.Item("myImgTyp")Response.BinaryWrite(myDataReader.Item("myImgField")) How, I cannot apply the same way to retrieve file of other type, also whenever I retrieved and save, I cannot handle the file extension as the same file type! If anyone ...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

Getting Files from SQL Server
Hi, I have stored all types of files in SQL Server in the stream form. Now I want to retrieve it in the same format eg: Word Document as .doc file etc. Can anyone help? Have you stored the content type of each file along with the file itself?Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you Hi, Save the ContentType , SIZE of the file in the database.Us...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Getting started with SQL Server Reporting?
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Professional with SQL Server 2005Do I need a special version of Visual Studio to get started with reporting? What is SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio?  Can someone point me to a tutorial?If a post helps me I'll always eventually mark it as an answer. But I frequently don't mark it right away because I feel once a thread is marked as answered, discussion tends to end. And I like to discuss things a bit. If you have IIS 6 then you don't need something else. SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio is for user who don&#...

how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server. I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQ...

Get info from PropertyValueString
Hi All, I have inherited a project written by someone who was a much better programmer than myself and would appreciate some help in the right direction as I am way out of my depth. The problem is I need info about the logged in users profile in the asp_netProfile table which contains a field "PropertyValueString" with xml (nText field) in that looks like this:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><ProfileObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"...

Getting Started With SQL Server Express 2005
I am looking for a resource that will speak to the process of how to create a SQL Express database within VS 2005 - create relationships within the Database Diagrams (right now it complains that it does not have a valid dbo user and that I do not have permission impersonate the dbo user - if i tel it to grant me access it gives me the same message) - what security issues need to be considered as far as the SQL Express stuff is concerned.  I am also wanting to know what pieces I need to have on my Internet and Intranet web servers so that when I delpoy my .net 2.0 app that the serve...

How do I get started talking to my webmatrix sql server
get a prompt up (in a program like telnet / msdos window) so that I can run sql commands on my webmatrix accounts sql server. I've been trying to connect using telnet but i think maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick or I'm doing something wrong. here's a link where you click through "how to connect" on the "myserver page" I searched the page for "connect" and found 0 occurances. http://europe.webmatrixhosting.net/text.aspx?tmpl=qa#3.7 anyone please help, the only way I know of to create table is through an sql prompt, is there another w...

How will i get data from sql to a file on server
How will i get data from sql to a file on server Here is my sql connection Dim connectionString As String = "string" Dim sqlConnection As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connectionString) Dim queryString As String = "SELECT * FROM [tablell]" Dim sqlCommand As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(queryString, sqlConnection) Kod that i have to write to file, whitout databas Dim objWriter as new StreamWriter(server.MapPath("test.txt"), true) objWriter....

Getting started using Sql Server Express
I am a real newbie here.  My laptop is a Sony Vaio with VISTA.  I've installed Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and installed Sql Express 2008 to work with SQL data and .Net.  Looks like I installed properly and when I look at Programs> Microsoft SQL Server 2008>Configuration Tools .... the only option from there is "SQL Server Installation Center".  Is this right?  How do I set up a SQL database and start adding new tables to it? I was used to using Sql Server Enterprise edition at my job. Thanks for your ...

How do I get started talking to my wevmatrix sql server
get a prompt up (in a program like telnet / msdos window) so that I can run sql commands on my webmatrix accounts sql server. I've been trying to connect using telnet but i think maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick or I'm doing something wrong. here's a link where you click through "how to connect" on the "myserver page" I seartched the page for "connect" and found 0 occurances. http://europe.webmatrixhosting.net/text.aspx?tmpl=qa#3.7 Don't know if they can help you with a "wevmatrix sql server", but try posting to a more appropriate foru...

I created a website on my localhost with three .mdf files using SQL express but now I get an error when I try to host it on my web server without SQL express. need some help on how to change my connec
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred whil...

Web resources about - Store and get flash files from SQL Server - asp.net.getting-started

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

Hillary Clinton's email server contained SAP-level comms - Business Insider Deutschland
... Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. Thomson Reuters Hillary Clinton. Emails that passed through Hillary Clinton's private server while ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

Review: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
In November, Microsoft released Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. With the final release due out in the second half of this year, TP4 ...

Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server
Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server

Inventec to see server revenues grow 5-10% in 2016
Inventec is expected to see its server revenues grow 5-10% on year in 2016, buoyed by orders from the data center sector as well as branded server ...

Qualcomm to Make Server Chips in China
The company partners with the Guizhou Province to create a joint venture that will design, develop and sell ARM-based data center SoCs.