Starting Debug using Visual Studio NET 2003

On Trying to Debug an application, by the F5 key I get the error:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure"
I have checked that the web.config has debug=true
In IIS the App has the AppName created
When I created the application I created it as http://192.168.0.11/WebApplication1
Have added 192.168.0.11 to the Intranet Site on IE Browser settings.
I have checked in IIS the Authentication is set t Anonymous and Windows Authentication.
I am a member of the Adminstrator group and Debug Users.
I am running out of options to check on the error.
I can run the application and it works fine. But cannot try the debug option. Just learning ASP.NET.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards

mheera

see if this KB article helps.
PRB: "Catastrophic Failure" Error Message When You Try to Debug an ASP.NET Application on Windows 2000 Domain Controller
(is your server a domain controller?)
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
6/24/2004 8:19:02 PM
Thank You. Resolved the issue with the KB article.

/M
0
mheera

Visual Studio.net 2003 debugging stops when using Firefox
I really would like to try to use FireFox for debugging and running my applications with my VB.net Visual Studio Web app. However, when I start the application to test it, FireFox does start, but the debugging quits within a second or so. I have turned tabs off on Firefox and tried it that way and still no luck. There is no error message, FireFox has a blank screen, looks to be waiting for the localhost and Visual Studio quits. I do have FireFox set as my default browser. Is this something in FireFox itself that doesn't want to play with VS? Google Chrome works fine, but I really would l...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Using Frontpage 2003 with Visual Studio .Net 2003
How do I use Frontpage 2003 with Visual Studio .Net 2003 for a web site I'm developing? I would like to create a disk based web in Frontpage 2003. Do I create the ASP.NET web application first in Visual Studio .NET? Or create the disk based web first in Frontpage 2003? Once the disk based web exists, does adding a new web application in Visual Studio .NET overwrite the existing disk based web? Or am I supposed to create an aspx file in Frontpage then have Visual Studio open it for editing? When I'm ready to publish the site to a real web server, which software do I use to publi...

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Getting Started with Visual Studios 2003
Need to know how to get started converting an asp website over to asp.net.  Currently have a large website developed in asp using Visual InterDev.  I have Visual Studios 2003 installed and am familiar with IDE as we also have VB code that is being converted to VB.net.  My question is, "Now what?".Do I create a new Project solution in .Net 2003 and convert files over 1 at a time?  I want to be able to have both the .Net and classic ASP version of the app running at the same time.  Is there any kind of upgrade wizard for .Net 2003 for ASP code like the one for VB code?...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio.Net and using the latest .net framework references
I have installed the .net framework v1.1 on my machine as I am running/developing sites running the v1.1 of asp.net. So earlier today I tried to use a v1.1 .net feature which was the hasrows() method of the SqlDataReader class only to find that I wasnt running v1.1 in visual studio. As I got a compilation error in Visual Studio when i tried to compile this. I then looked at the references to the system classes that visual studio adds when you create a project and would you believe it they were still using the v1.0 files? How do i get it to use the v1.1 files so that i can use these new featu...

Web resources about - Starting Debug using Visual Studio NET 2003 - asp.net.getting-started

Roberto Hernández (starting pitcher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... professional baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball . He was a regular part of the Cleveland Indians ' starting ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Page Admins Will Be Able To See Which Admins Wrote Posts, Comments Starting Feb. 20
... several page administrators , and there is currently no way to tell which admin was responsible for posts on the page. This may change starting ...

KSL 5 TV - Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is... - Facebook
Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is pleased to welcome Saturday Night Live to its weekly line-up, on Saturday nights at 10:30. More ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook Employees Selling Stock Starting November 1
Facebook’s plan to let employees sell vested shares at a $4 billion valuation to outside investors is going into effect November 1, Valleywag ...

Starting Blocks (@sblocks) on Twitter

Angela Ahrendts: ‘Starting Anew’
Angela Ahrendts, writing on LinkedIn: Also, trust your instincts and emotions. Let them guide you in every situation; they will not fail you. ...

One in five Australian children starting school 'developmentally vulnerable'
Research commissioned by the Australian government has found that one in five school kids is starting school unprepared in at least one area ...

Why Netflix should be starting to worry media titans
Moguls may believe an internet company can't take over the entertainment world, but that's what US retailers said about Amazon.