splitting the string without using split function

...\M3\1_Requirements\Ashish_M3_Functional_Requirements_Document.doc

splittiing the string in such a way that
i wil get the last part of the string
started with \ (splitting the string without using split function)

so output will be  Ashish_M3_Functional_Requirements_Document.doc

0
Swati

The System.IO.Path class provides a safe way for extracting all the different parts of a file name/path, so in this case I would be tempted to use that.

Regards

Dave
0
DMW

Splitting string using split()
Gurus: I have a string like this: $s = 'jablow@xxx.com, "Blow, Joe" <jablow@xxx.com>,Joe Blow <jablow@xxx.com>' And I want to be able to split it up. Using split, like this: my @addresses = split(/, ?/, $s); But obviously this causes a problem because of the comma inside the quotes. I want three parts, and it splits it into four. Is there some module or nice way to have the commas inside quotes ignored? Reply to perlbeginner@mikemiller.net if possible as I'm only getting the daily digest of this list. Thanks, -Mike This seems ...

Why String.Split(char[]) is possible but String.Split(string[]) is Not!
Hi everyone, i have a string for e:g String st= "Delete a record****** *************************************************** Delete Manually PatID=123456 PatName=navdeep *****Delete a record****** *************************************************** Delete Manually *****************PatID=123 PatName=navdeep6666" I need to Split this String by "Delete a record" string. Now, str[] will contain the array elements. str = st.Split("Delete a record"); Please Help Regards Navdeep check below link or try code  http://www.codeproject.co...

Splitting the first sentence from a string using regular expressions (Regex.Split).
Hello. I have a query that returns results from my table 'news' I want to display the title and the first sentence from each topic so i've used a function firstSentence() as below:public string firstSentence(string str) { // str is the whole topic text, could be anything because i use FCKeditor to enter my topics string[] sentence = Regex.Split(str, ". "); return sentence[0]; }As you can see i'm using ". " as a delimeter so that it searches the end of a sentence and not just a '.' (period) which could be i.e. part of a ...

Split Function vs .Split Method
I have a string I am trying to split that looks like this: "COUNTY","ENTRYPERSN","DATE","FILENUMBER","DEEDTYPE" In the past I used the split function: StringArray = Split(StringValue, """,""") That gave me an array with 5 values and all I had to to is string the leading quote off the first field and the trailing quote off the last field. In VB.NET the Split Method doesn't appear to function the same. How would I use it to achieve the same results? StringArray = StringValue.Split(""&qu...

String Split function
Hi all, My brains rusted, as the end of the day is approaching.. here is a simple one for experts. I have a string which contains string like this" 2008-2009" I want it to split and use them further, like 2008 and 2009 i'm using Vb.net in code behind can you please check whats wrong and lead me to a correct solution Dim StringYear = RecievedFinancialYear Dim StringMonth= recievedMonth Dim partsArray As String() = StringYear.Split("-") For i As Integer = 0 To 1 Dim Year1 As Str...

Can I use split to split existing array !
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1653B.EFE93B00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I need some clarification :- Q1) Can I use the split function to split an existing array (with = several elements ) such as the example below. Q2) Could it be that the split function can only be used to split a = scalar (one element). Q3) Could someone explain to me the reason why @readagain return the = number 4, and $#readagain return 0. @read =3D ("hi please", "help me", "on this" ...

split string by string
Hi All I am trying to split a string with other string. Does any one help me how to do this.I have "237943--;--dgsa78a--;--dasd732" I want to split with --;-- And ideas please thanks,Aruna.G     string contents = "237943--;--dgsa78a--;--dasd732"; you can do contents.split(';')which would split it on ; Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ You can use String.Split(String[], StringSplitOptions)   string source = "237943--;--dgsa78a--;--dasd732"; string[] ...

Split-Split DNS
I was wondering if anyone sees an issue using both resolver DNS servers as ISA Servers. I'd have 3 NICS one pointing to the perimeter, FrontNet and BackNet DNS configured the way it says to configure it in HMC 3.5 Would this work has anyone tried it? Hi,  I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. Although we both know that conflicts can happen and things don't always work as they should when experimenting like this. I'm installing ISA 2004 on my DNS svr now. Will let you know if it breaks my environment or if it works as expected. Steve I found this info on the subject: *...

problem with function splitting strings
simply I hopeI have 2 functions which take '1,2,45,66' as an argument, split the numbers, joins to a table of values and returns OK, but I want to use the field from Table1 as an argument If I call the function from a procedure including Table1 I get Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.Function1", or the name is ambiguous. Table1 - I have a table has a field of delimetered numbers 1,2,45,66Function1 - splits the String and returns a table of integers OKFunction2 - Joins the results from Function1 and retur...

split string using JAVASCRIPT
Hi all, I have string in JavaScript var path ='Content/Solutions/RequestforInformation.aspx'; I want the RequestforInformation.aspx for comparison So how I get this split string using JAVASCRIPT And one more think I want always last index of string like here RequestforInformation.aspx Thanks Thanks,Vikramsinh Patil.  u can do   var path ='Content/Solutions/RequestforInformation.aspx'; var  str = path.substring(path.lastIndexOf('/' )+1);is going to give u  RequestforInformation.aspx    HI Use this example<script t...

Split string using regex
Hello Friends, I am using VS2008 with C# to build a web application. I want to split a string with a word. For e.g. "I am a boy and other boy is my friend". Now I want to split the string with boy. I am successfully able to split the string. Now thw string and the word will be dynamic and I want that string should be replaced by only a coimplete word. So I want a regular expression so that only string that does not have any alphanumeric characters before start or after end should be replaced. Let me explain you with an e.g. If the split string is "ca" an...

Splitting a string and using the variables
Hi, I have a textbox which is populated with different id's when the user clicks on a series of checkboxes. The value at the end is something like: 1123, 1456, 1234, 1743 I want to use each instance in here (ie 1123 and 1456 etc) and insert them into a database seperately. I tried for each i in switch.text do insert next but this did an insert for each character in the string (ie 1 1 2 3 , 1 4 5 6 etc) How do I do it so it loops thru for each set of numbers? Thankyou Use the split function Dim myValues as string = "1123, 1456, 1234, 1743" dim...

how to split a string without a delimeter
hi,  I have a variable: yy_mo ="200703".How can I split the year (2007) and the month(03), so that I can change the format into: newyy_mo="2007年03月"   ----->Japanese Date Format. Thanks! SheilaRock on!!! You can use the Substring method string year = yy_mo.substring(0,3);string month = yy_mo.substring(4,5);string newyy_mo = year + ";" + month;   This was answered in previous post http://forums.asp.net/thread/1641959.aspx HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | And my previous reply is actually incorrect. The second parameter is of course the length of...

How to split a string using sql
I have 5 dynamic rows each row consisting of 5 checkboxes & 5 dropdowns.I am concatenating the values of each controls in a row using a wildcard charater "~" and each row i am concatenating using "|".The complete string is then assigned to one hidden field and passed as sql parameter to the backend. Please help in writing the split function to get the values of each checkboxes and dropdowns from the string in order to save them in separate columns. Thanks Hi, I would choose to build an Xml String and take advantage of the SELECT ... FROM OPENXML ... clause....

Web resources about - splitting the string without using split function - asp.net.getting-started

Splitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Splitting XML Well with XSLT 2
I recently had the need to split up a result set from a Solr query into a collection of smaller groups of add requests for POSTing into a different ...

Profile Redesign: Facebook Considering Splitting Feed and Wall Tabs
As most Facebook Platform developers are aware, a major ongoing project at Facebook right now is the profile redesign. While the redesigned profile ...

Split Bill calculator for splitting the bill on the App Store on iTunes
Get Split Bill calculator for splitting the bill on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Splitting of the moon ولقد يسرنا القرآن للذكر فهل من مدكر - YouTube
54. Surat Al-Qamar (The Moon, 55 verses) by Ahmad bin Ali Al-Ajmi Sahih al-Bukhari ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter: The splitting of the moon (into ...

Splitting up? Act now to avoid surprises later on
Divorce is an emotional time but also one when important financial decisions have to be made.

The union inquiry is splitting the Coalition in two
Big companies are just as much to blame as unions for lowering productivity but some conservatives' black-and-white view of IR could get in the ...

Cyclist says he was booby trapped after helmet-splitting injury
... `booby trapped'. A cyclist believes he was booby-trapped after he crashed on a bike path near his Tuggeranong house on Wednesday morning, splitting ...

Iraqi experiment splitting at the seams
This is another don't-know kind of week in Iraq. The result of Saturday's national referendum won't be known before Thursday but it appears a ...