Showing Panels with client side script?

Hello

I am working with Panels to build the effect of tabs on a couple pages. Can anyone explain to me how to configure the panels so that clicking buttons (or links) will allow a panel to become visible using client side script? I have this working currently, but trips are made back to the server to configure the visibility of the panels. If possible, I would like the buttons to show and hide the panels without going back to the server. Is this possible using native .Net functionality, or would I have to write the client side script myself?
Thanks,
Jigster
0
jigster99

as u can see that all the tag with RUNAT=SERVEr have to execute on the server side..no way client site has such function to do that please download the asp startup kit..they have great examples using panel..
0
wongz
3/15/2004 2:57:57 AM
> Is this possible using native .Net functionality, or would I have to write the client side script myself?

Since ASP.NET provides server-side functionality, you cannot do what you ask using "native .NET functionality". You will need to use Javascript to handle the panels on the client-side.
But you don't have to write it yourself. You can use the code here: The JavaScript tab control
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
3/15/2004 9:35:55 AM
If you decide to go with server-side Tab Control functionality, I have had great success with

IE Web Controls, free but a little funky to setup at first.
0
PD_Goss

how to get value from client side script Prompt window to a session var in .net
hi guyz, i hav a problem with getting a value from a client-side inputbox to a session var in .net. is this possible? however, when i click submit button this is the code that's triggered. dim sb as New System.Text.StringBuilder sb.append("<script language=" & """" & "vbscript" & """" & ">") sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append("do while xLate =" & """" & """") sb.append(vbcrlf) '//prompt window, val...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

Show/Hide Panel in Client Side
Hi. I have tow asp panels and tow html buttons to navigate between the panels.like this:document.getElementById('Panel1').style.display ='block'; document.getElementById('Panel2').style.display ='none';    the first button to show the first panel and hide the second panel . the second button had the opposite purpose. inside the panels there is asp controsl. every thing work good until I use postback  by any control in the panels,for example when I click an asp button in the panel evry panel return to the defaut style. I put this...

client side show and hide panel
I have several pages that I want to add some controlls that are normally not displayed. Say I have a datagrid and below the datagrid I add a panel. Just above the panel I have a link that executes some javascirpt to hide the span tag. In the panel I have a link that executes som js to hide the panel. All is working OK, but I want to have the panel hidden automatically when the page loads. I obviously can't use the visble propery of the panel since the html is never rendered to the client to be show. TIA, Craig p.s. my js is function HideAdminPanel() { if (document.getE...

Showing and hiding Panels on the client side?
hello, I have a couple of panels I am useing on a page to mimic a tab based navigation menu. I have been able to use linkbutton clicks to show and hide panels to simulate the tabs. Is it possible to do this on the client side rather than making trips back to the server? Is this similar to the UI validation controls that can validate input from either the client or server side, or would I have to write the script myself to accomplish this? Thanks, jigster... an asp:panel is just a <div> tag on the client-side. using view->source would have told you this.RTFM - straight ...

Acessing Variable, declared in the client side script, from the server side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the client side script from the server side script. Thanks! You cannot. The only way is to pass them as arguments to the server-side script. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners EAServer Training & Consulting Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371 "Jeong-Su, Hwang" <hjs@i4biz.co.kr> wrote in message news:s9YmFSfKAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the cl...

Acessing variables, declared in the server side script, from the client side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the server side script from the client side script. P.S.: I'm using JavaScript in the server side script and in the client side script. I don't like to use ASP. Thanks! One example that come to mind: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"> <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307"> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> ...

good book for client side scripting in .net?
Anyone come across a good book that concentrates on client side scripting./javascript for asp.net? Or at least a book that has devoted a fair bit of it's pages to this topic? I have the MSPress book, Developing Microsoft® ASP.NET Server Controls and Components. While there are quite a few references to client-side functionality, there is only one dedicated chapter. And that chapter is a mere 20 pages. Bearing in mind that ASP.NET is a server-side technology, I doubt you will find a book that concentrates on its client-side scripting aspect. After all, there's only a few ways...

Web resources about - Showing Panels with client side script? - asp.net.getting-started

How Obama has aged since his first State of the Union
It's no secret that presidents, while gaining endless wisdom and influence during their time in power, lose their youth on the biggest stage ...

Search Continues for Publisher of T: The New York Times Style Magazine
T’S SEARCH FOR A PUBLISHER: The vacant publisher role at T: The New York Times Style Magazine is causing a stir in the advertising community. ...

iOS 9 is now on a whopping 75 percent of Apple devices
iOS 9 has been touted as the “fastest adopted iOS version ever,” with adoption hitting 50 percent only a week after it was released in September ...

Han shot worst? Star Wars analysis says Solo wasn't so hot with a blaster
Any Star Wars fan will tell you that Han shot first — or more accurately, Han shot all by himself, before the inveterate tinkerer George Lucas ...

Istanbul Suicide Bombing Kills at Least 10; Turkey Blames ISIS
The Turkish government said that the Islamic State was behind the attack in the district of Sultanahmet, and that the dead were all foreign citizens. ...

College Football National Championship Ratings Drop 19%
It was one of the all-time most riveting college football title games, a whipsawing, scoreboard-melting showcase of the nation's greatest young ...

Katy Perry, Selena Gomez Party At Golden Globes: How Does Taylor Swift Feel?
Katy Perry and Selena Gomez were seen mingling with each other at the Golden Globes after party. Now, fans are wondering how their beloved Taylor ...

Rand, Ron Paul rip Cruz for missing Audit the Fed vote
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) ripped Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday after the Texas Republican skipped a vote on his "Audit the Fed" proposal. Paul, who is ...

Twitter adds live Periscope broadcasts to timelines
Twitter on Tuesday began weaving live Periscope video broadcasts into timelines streamed to its application tailored for Apple mobile devices. ...

Google expects partners for self-driving car project
Google plans to partner with automakers on its self-driving car project, but is not yet ready to announce anything concrete, the head of the ...