Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.

Hi!

I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form.
Pls. extend ur help.
Thanx.
0
sugata_chakraborty

What are you expecting to happen?  How are you trying to run the exe files?  Where do you expect it to run?

Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Windows form not working in web application
Hello Friends, I am working on a application using VS 2008 and C#. I had created a windows class library in that I had connected to the database fetch data from the database and created an XML with thath data. Now if I run that windows form it creates XML successfully. Now after that I had created a web application and added the dll of windows class library to the web application. Added a object tag to the web application page to refer the dll. But I dont know why it is not creating xml file. Initially in the windows class library I had simply put a label and tried it in web form it was wor...

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Form-Methode Get works fine but Post doesn't work
Hallo,i'm trying to write a login for my application. i need to get the username and password from a form. so i tryed this:<%using (Html.Form("Login", "Login", FormMethod.Post)) { %> User name: <%=Html.TextBox("userName", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> Password: <%=Html.TextBox("password", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> <%=Html.Hidden("returnUrl", new {value ="test.url"} )%> <%=Html.SubmitButton("submit", "Login")%> &...

Problem getting DTS object to work on a Web form
Hi;  I would like to run a DTS package from the On click button event on a web form. I tried using code that works in a windows form. But ASP.net, VS 2005 doesn't like the code. Here are the libraries that I used with the windows form.  Imports System, Imports System.Data. Imports System.Data.SqlClient. Is there a library that I am missing ? And here are the lines of code that won't compile:  Dim oPackage As New DTS.Package2Class Dim oStep As DTS.Step Package.LoadFromSQLServer("123WXYZ\TRSQL", , , DTS.DTSSQLServerStorageFlags.DTSSQLStgFlag_UseTrustedConnection, , , ,...

Forms Authorization Not Working in Website URL but works in VS's Web Server
   Hi,I want to protect files in 'admin' folder using Forms Authorization. My environment is VS 2005. When I try to access protected files in the Admin folder using VS's built in web-server the appropriate login page shows up fine. But directly accessing those files using the website/IIS brings up a 404 error; in this case, it looks like IIS is putting 'admin' folder under the root's 'admin' folder.Here is the code from my current web.config file:Any ideas?Thanks. --------------------------------------------<system.web>    <!-...

dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5
Hi. I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected. I would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a application. But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the width of the dropdown. Stuff like size dosn't work either. I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these things. But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application us...

Getting the values form the previous form and re-use in saving connection doesn't work...
Hello,I have a web form and each web form is saving to a specific user folder.  When the user login with their username and password and go to the web form, fill-out all the information and save to the user folder database, the saving data to the database is working, but now I want to change the directory of the saving data to a specific user folder control db that based on the username, but seems like didn't get to the right user valid path, So instead of this directory 'C:\WINNT\profiles\controls\test.mdb' , I want to save it in a user folder database with their username l...

Working with Web Forms
I am working with a webform using viewstate and OnEventChanged so here is my question. My source looks something like Sub DoSomething(s as Object, e as EventArgs) Dim name name = s.id End Sub Here is the thing, I can call my dropdownlist control name and everything but is there anyway I can manipulate the actual <asp: listitem> params? Such as the text that is displayed and so on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hi there! Yes you can! That s is the reference to the DropDownList object that caused the evnt to go off. You just have to do a ...

How do you call a windows form from a web form?
hi,  i doing a vb project which include a web form and a windows form.   How do you call a windows form from a web form? can any kind souls plz tell mi haha....my email is EDITED. i appreciate the help   regards kit  EDITED By: longhorn2005 This gives you an idea using VS 2003-- most of it is still relevant:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 I am attempting to do something similar, I have an existing windows form application that I was asked to i...

Converting Windows Form to Web Form
Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form? I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application. My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET Thank u in advance. well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :) so it is possible the question is how easy? how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic? it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them. to maintain full compliance with...

Web resources about - Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms. - asp.net.getting-started

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

GPT adds second Melbourne co-working space to meet tenants' increasing flexibility needs
GPT Group has opened its second Space & Co co-working space in Melbourne and is targeting the needs of more established users, rather than start-ups. ...

NASA has begun working on its next great space observatory
The wide-field telescope will address dark energy and spy on nearby exoplanets.

A Briton working working in Kyrgyzstan is arrested and faces a 5-year sentence for referring to a traditional ...
The traditional food is chuchuk, a sausage made from horse meat (including, the article says, "offal"). Michael Mcfeat wrote on Facebook that ...

A 71-year-old tech startup CEO explains why he's still working 24 years after 'retiring' for the first ...
Shaun McConnon is a 71-year-old five-time tech startup CEO. Today he's the chief executive of BitSight, a company that assesses the security ...

Duchess Kate had the fewest public events of the ‘working royals’ in 2015
... of Cambridge had the fewest number of royal events for 2015. The 2015 tally came out a few days ago, and of course Kate was the least-working ...

Leaking gas well in Porter Ranch lacked a working safety valve - Chicago Tribune
A leaking natural gas well that has displaced thousands of residents in Porter Ranch lacked a working safety valve, sparking new questions about ...

Utilities Working To Be EV Pioneers
... of utility guys. The summit had one session with perspectives from 6 different utility reps — JEA’s Peter King, Gulf [&hellip Utilities Working ...

AT&T working with Chicago, others on smart city tech
LAS VEGAS AT&T is working with three major cities Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas on smart city innovations that incorporate Internet of Things technology ...

Sony is working to bring PlayStation Network back online
Having issues with PlayStation Network today? We're right there with you. Sony has confirmed it's aware of the problems. "We are still working ...