Server.Transfer(), Response.Redirect(), Server.Execute()

Hi all,

Please clarify the use for Server.Transfer(),Response.Redirect() and Server.Execute().
Or refer a good tutorial on them which clarify that what they all do. What's the difference
and when to use which of them.
thanks.
Imran Ghani.
Imran Abdul Ghani
0
imranghani

you know, I always find the documentation very useful for this kind of thing.
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax

Response.Redirect, Server.Transfer and Server.Execute.
Hi. Someone, tell me the difference among these.MCP Sergio Tarrillo Hi, a response.redirect sends a notification to the browser that it should go to another webpage. It has a lot more traffic over the network. server.transfer does a redirect on the server but doesn't notify the browser so the address in the address bar of your client's browser doesn't change. If you like to work with querystrings then this is out of the question to use. server.execute can execute another page, or execute the page and grab its output and use it in stream depending on which overloaded method yo...

Server.Transfer and Server.Execute
Hi there I am trying to using one of this 2 methods and it's basically I need to run the transfer/execute after the current complete finish. The reason I am doing I had Google Analytics and needs to execute before passing another page. if I put into Page_Load and then transfer() or execute() ... the front end code is not going to run ... isn't ? Any comment or anything I am really appreciated. Thanks onloadcompeleteMatthew M. Osbornhttp://blog.osbornm.comhttp://weblogs.asp.net/asptest"Change the world or go home." Are you sure about this? Cause I've just put a a...

server.execute() and server.transfer()
what are the differences (if any) between using server.execute() and server.transfer() ? also: in response to a postback, is it possible to use server-side code to invoke a new browser window that contains new .aspx content -- keeping the current browser window & current .aspx intact -- and making this new browser window the active browser window ? While I have never used Server.Execute, my interpretation is that it runs the rendering process of the page you supply and returns to the calling page. Server.Transfer never returns to the caller. I like the example given on the .net docs...

Server.Execute vs Server.Transfer
I've used Server.Transfer to go from page to page, but Server.Execute returns control to the caller. Even though I can call an aspx page using Server.Execute: 1. will a form appear 2. can I work with the form 3. how do I return control back to the caller. --OR-- Is Server.Execute just for running code in an aspx page, then returns immediately like a subroutine or funtion? If so, why not use a subrtne or function w/in the calling program?? Thanx Jerry ASP.NET 101: look in the documentationRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionall...

Server.Execute vs Server.Transfer
Hello, I have read that you can workaround the common problem of the Thread.Abort exception by using the server.execute method instead of server.transfer when transfering to another page. I started using server.transfer in order to make the URLReferrer property of the HTTP request show up properly when using smart navigation in the app. This worked fine, but I get the Thread.Abort execeptions now and then. Will server.execute still allow the HTTP Request to contain a valid URLReferrer value like the server.transfer call did? Thanks. From the docs (http://msdn.microsoft.com...

Response.redirect not working on the page redirected to by using server.transfer
I am  using server.transfer to redirect from one aspx page to other aspx  so that i can access the httpcontext values from the parent page.I am using server.transfer to come back to the parent to persist with the values selected by the user on the form(I am not using history.back to have serverside control).  But the problem I am facing is that after coming back to the parent aspx page using server.transfer, when I try going from here(parent page) to some other page using response.redirect then it is showing a blank white page and not going any where else.Proble...

transferring from server to server
I've just finished making a page and testing it and everything and i wanted to load it onto the final server. Our computers are networked and i have been making everything on my laptop--where i downloaded all the requirements to make it act as the server so i could make the page. My question is how do i get the page up and running on the internet from this network. For some reason, everytime I've started webmatrix after the first time i logged on to start web application under the asp.net web matrix server, not using/creating an IIS virtual port, it won't allow me the option. I'm really ...

response.redirect() and server.transfer()
 hi,      i know the difference between server.transfer() and respone.redirect(). server.transfer() is faster then response.redirect() as per performance but most of them use the response.redirect(). in my company project also using the response.redirect().... Why? Many times i ask this questions know one will give the exact answer... any body plz tel me...     Response.Redirect is more user-friendly, as the site visitor can bookmark the page that they are redirected to. Transferred pages appear to the client as a different url than they reall...

Server.Transfer or Response.Redirect
I'm using GoDaddy as a host (yah I know people don't like them...thus far they've been cheap and effective in my hosting.). Anyway, they won't allow the primary domain on the hosting account (windows shared) to point to a directory.  The only option is to configure it to the root.  I have 2 other websites on the same hosting so I'm trying to keep them organized by using sub directories. I called their tech support and they told me I could use an ASP Server Side redirect to make the domain point to the default.aspx page within the directory...however they to...

Server.Transfer Or Response.Redirect
Hi, What's the exact differenct between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect, and when to use each one. Thanx Server.Transfer stops execution of the current page and tells the server to start processing the specified page. The address bar of the clients browser will still show the address of the page they first requested. Response.Redirect can either stop execution or allow it to carry on. It sends a header to the client asking it to request the specified page, which it then does and the server executes that page. Server.Transfer will work quicker as it does not have to comm...

Server.Transfer or Response.redirect
Hi, I need to transfer my PB.Net application to another aspx. How can I do that? You should be able to do this in a #IF DEFINED PBWEBFORM code block. You can get a handle to the current response and the server object, take a look at the HTTPResponse and HTTPServer object in ASP.NET. The only difference in PB is that you don't get a 'built-in' reference like you do in ASP.NET (the Server and Response object). from a IOn 17 Jan 2008 14:23:36 -0800, Luis Gonzalez wrote: >Hi, I need to transfer my PB.Net application to another >aspx. How can I do that? you los...

Server.Transfer or Response.Redirect
Hello All, After the user logs in. In the protected page when the user clicks on any of the buttons it logs the user out. It's not because the user does not have permission. I've tried Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect Private Sub btnRegister_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRegister.Click 'Server.Transfer("Register.aspx") Response.Redirect("Protected.aspx") End Sub What the heck? Mike Mike, Are you authenticating the user at any point? If not try using the f...

Data transfer between pages with sessions but without server.transfer or response.redirect is it possible?
Hey everyone; I'd like to transfer a simple data between pages; My code below was working well but with AJAX 1.0v it doesn't because AJAX doesn't support server.transfer and response.redirect. Actually with response.redirect nothing happens (it really doesn't work at all) but with server.transfer it actually transfers but loads both page in the same window then crashes.. What would you suggest? Protected Sub Page_Unload(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Unload If IsPostBack Then Try Dim dl As New DataList dl = Me.LoginView3.FindControl("DataList2") ...

Is there asynchronous version of the APIS Server.Transfer or Server.Execute?
Hi Is there asynchronous version of the APIS Server.Transfer or Server.Execute? Or another way to do it? I need because form a asynchronous http handler I need to call another asynchronous page. The problem is that the functions Transfers or Execute not returns until the asynchronous page is completed (the page invokes its ar.CompleteRequest()) public IAsyncResult BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, System.AsyncCallback cb, object extraData) { IAsyncResult ar = new AsyncRequestResult(context,cb,extraData); context.Server.Execute(&quo...

Web resources about - Server.Transfer(), Response.Redirect(), Server.Execute() - asp.net.getting-started

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

Football Papers :All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today
Football Papers :All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today 360Nobs.com Leicester City's Danny Simpson stunned onlookers by turning ...

Transfer pricing and MLR manipulation
... spend that is priced by internal methods plus quality improvement divided by total revenue. The internal claims spend is fuzzy as the transfer ...

Li-Fi wireless transfers are 100 times faster than Wi-Fi
Li-Fi, the technology which uses light instead of radio waves to transmit data has been tested outside the laboratory environment. The result? ...

Arsenal Transfer News: Ruben Neves Bid Readied, Latest Mauro Icardi Rumours
Bleacher Report Arsenal Transfer News: Ruben Neves Bid Readied, Latest Mauro Icardi Rumours Bleacher Report Arsenal reportedly see Porto's ...

Myanmar President Assures Suu Kyi of Peaceful Power Transfer
NDTV Myanmar President Assures Suu Kyi of Peaceful Power Transfer Bloomberg Myanmar President Thein Sein congratulated opposition leader Aung ...

After a landmark court ruling, an activist is trying to force Facebook to put an end to a key data transfer ...
Facebook is facing fresh legal headaches in Europe. In October, Europe's top court ruled that a key legal method for transfering data between ...

Emails: Hillary Cheered Transfer Of Gitmo Detainee Who Killed American Soldier With Grenade
Emails: Hillary Cheered Transfer Of Gitmo Detainee Who Killed American Soldier With Grenade

U.S. Jurisdictions That Criminalize Fraudulent Transfers
Eighteen U.S. jurisdictions criminalize in some form or another a fraudulent transfer: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Kentucky, ...

WeShare Moves Toward File Transfer as a Microservice
... Prices continue to fall, in part because providers’ storage costs are still decreasing. More importantly, their cost to actually transfer a ...