server side controls in a non-server side form

I want to use server side controls in a non-server side form.
I use server side controls (like dropdownlists) so I can fill them with the right options from the database.
My question is, what is the best way to approach this?
CAN I use server-side controls in a client side form? If so, how can I get the values contained in the controls when I do a post? (not in a querystring).

Here's a sample of my code:

<

form id="frmAdvancedSearch" method="post" action="advancedSearch.aspx">

<input type="submit" />

</

form>

please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already.
0
Peter