Same web service reference working on one machine, failing on another

Hi,

I am having a problem with a web service reference. I reference a web service and on my local machine it works fine. When I copy it onto another machine the web service isn't found. I get:

Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/BuildTitle.

I have checked the properties of the web reference and it points to the right place in both cases. I can see the web service when I use a browser from the machine it is failing on. I thought it might be my machine.config but other projects on this machine are able to reference the same web service. I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is.

Any help would be most helpful.

-Will Seitz

0
WillSeitz

Why is one web service working and another failing ?
Hi Guys, I have written an application that is charged on a per user basis and calls a web service running on my server whenever a new user is added or deleted from the system. I ship a proxy class with the app, which also calls a backup server at a different IP address. Calls to the backup server get through without problems. Calls to my server do not get through. The only difference being that my service provider blocks port 80 and I run my web site on port 888. An added twist is that an older customer who has not updated my application on his system since early last year, gets ca...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

Another wierd occurence. DNN modules fail on one machine and work on another.
I am working with a patner to add content to a couple of portals. I created a tab for just the 2 of us as admistrators for file storage, calendar, tasks, etc. Every module on the page fails for him on his PC and returns server errors but works great from my PC. We are working only a few miles apart. Examples: clicking on an image in the free simple image gallery does nothing. clicking on a download in the free downloads module returns a server error. creating an event and trying to enter multiple dates returns a server error. Every once in a while he can't even get to ...

reference a compiled web service from another web service
I created a compiled web service (eg, a dll file). now i create another web service in which i want to refer to the compiled service. how is this done in vs .net?? i am following an example which is not vs .net specific so i am not sure of the syntax. the example says to create the second web service (ie, .asmx.vb file) and include the following single line of code in it to refer to the compiled code: <%@ WebService Class="compiled_code_service_name" %> this does not work within vs .net. can anybody tell me what is the correct syntax?? thanks I'm not quite sure I ...

Unable to get web service to work; reference issue
I'm trying to create a web service for the the first time.  My web service uses a class that I created in App_code.  When I try and access the web service by going to http://localhost/MyWebServices/MyWebService.asmx, I get the following error:Server Error in '/MyWebServices' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Comp...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

how to add a web service from one solution to another solution in a local machine
hi friends      i have created a web service and now i have created a new application and when i tried to add that web service (which is there in other solution)...........how to do that.........Babbu Read the Following Articles http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms583494.aspx http://aspalliance.com/283_Setting_Web_Service_References_Dynamically  Muhammad ShoaibSoftware Engineer,Lahore, Pakistanwww.heartofpakistan.com (U/C)--------------------------------Mark it as ANSWER if it Helps U dear,  you need to add the web reference of the web service&nbs...

One WEB METHOD of WEB SERVICES Fails.
Hi All. Thanks for your time. I developed a web services with few methods. one of the web method is called as getpaycheckimg() is to create a pdf file in a C:\foldername, and display that file to the user. All the web methods including this method works great in the DEVELOPMENT machine. When the webservice is being published into the WEBSERVER (ie. in Inetpub/wwwroot/webservice/foldername.) all the web methods works fine except this one and i get an error in the client machine that the pdf file is not found. When i installed vs2008 in the webserver and tried to copy the source code of the we...

how to make refer to a remote Web Service? : ServiceReference can only refer to local web service.
Hi Folks, Since  ServiceReference can only refer to local web service, how can I refer to web service in the remote machine?  Thanks for your suggestion.   Sun You can make a local web service that collect data from the remote web service.Hope this can helo ;)Stefano ...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

Session fails to work on one server but works on another... (same project)
Ok, I have a strange problem, I use session on one computer and it works, however using the same project on another computer makes the session fail...  Im assigning an object to the session and yes, its set to serialize...   What could be the reason for this kind of behaviour?  check how much RAM the other machine has. If available RAM is too low then asp worker process get recycled, and you loose your sessions. Other reason might be, u r using SQL server as u r session manager, but that sql server doesnt exists in other machine. check theseRaghu(MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDB...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Web resources about - Same web service reference working on one machine, failing on another - asp.net.getting-started

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

How many Nazi references in the Republican race is enough? Top Stories
Check out Neil Macdonald's take on the two main contenders in the wild race for the Republican nomination. And, Canada Post's plans for the community ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

Supergirl: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References In "Livewire"
This week was an odd one for Supergirl.If that Jimmy Olsen/Lucy Lane date weekend seemed to come [...]

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit

Virginia Mayor References Japanese Interment to Make Point About Syrian Refugees
Today, Roanoke, Va., mayor David Bowers acknowledged similarities between banning assistance to Syrian refugees based on their country of origin ...

Meet the Syrian-American Woman Jeb Bush References on the Campaign Trail
A Syrian-American who previously supported Bush now has some reservations.