Running javascript client side code from a web server control

Hi, I need to execute some client side javascript code from an asp.net server side control. For example, in an asp.net button server control I have code for server side click event and also code for onclientclick property. However, the code in the onclientclick property does not run. What is the correct way to execute javascript code from an asp.net server control?

Regards, Sandy

http://www.thequinn.info
http://www.sksdataservices.com
http://www.infobasket.info
0
sandyxyz2000

What you want to do actually? You can add attributes to the server control on page_load or use the ClientScript blocks.

To add attributes

page_load
{
   Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "alert('Test');");
}

to register client script:

buttonClick
{
   string _script = "<script> function //// javascript function </script";
   ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "startUp", _script, false);
}

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw
2/17/2007 4:44:54 AM
sandyxyz2000:
Hi, I need to execute some client side javascript code from an asp.net server side control. For example, in an asp.net button server control I have code for server side click event and also code for onclientclick property. However, the code in the onclientclick property does not run. What is the correct way to execute javascript code from an asp.net server control?

Regards, Sandy

Hi Randy,

The onclientclick should work. Can you post your code (and the HTML that is generated), so that we can assess where the error may be?

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey

I need to get a server side button to run this client side code?
I need to get a server side button to run this client side code when the server button is clicked and then subsequently called by the server. Is it possible? The problem is that the print control is a client side activex. I can call it normally using a client side button but this is no good when I need to print more then one page. Any help would be great. Thanks. The code: function PrintProc(){ var MyPrinter; MyPrinter = new ActiveXObject("ImgXPrint6.ImgXPrint"); MyPrinter.PageFrom = 1; MyPrinter.PageTo = 1; MyPrinter.PageM...

getting controls in a modalPopupExtender to run server side code
I want to create a page that displays information from a database kinda like the posts on this page, but when the user clicks a button to add a reply, instead of redirecting them to another page, I just want to have a panel popup, that has some input boxes and a button, and the information gets sent to the database when they click the button, and then the main page will update with the new record. I've noticed that the modalPopupExtender seems to suppress the postback, and no server side script executes. Is there a workaround for this that anybody knows of, or am I gonna have to rethink my a...

executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button
how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net. You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.NC... what if i want to update a database and then open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?...

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

finding server control, in the code behind, created from client side using javascript
Hi experts   i wanna add server side controls using javascript and access it in code behind but i am not able to access it can u give me the solution example javascript file function AddControl() { var table=document.createElement('table') var tr=document.createElement('tr') var cell1=document.createElement('td') cell1.innerHtml='<input type="text" ID="txtSample" runat="server"/> tr.appendChild(cell1) table.appendChild(tr); }   if i try to get this control in code behind like this i am not able to get ...

get server side datetime but run at client side
How do I get the server side datetime eg( 4 Aug 2006  6:12 : 01(seconds) AM  ) which the time is something similiar to ticking clock, once it get the server side datetime, it will pass to the javascript. From javascript it will increment the second by one, it is just similiar to ticking clock, after 10 seconds it will synchronize to the server datetime which means it get the latest server side datetime.   Is there any guide ? thanks in advance!!!kiwi_cyh Hi, It seems you want to synchronize the time in client side display with the server. You can use asynchronous clie...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

How to access all the methods of server controls and infragistics controls from client-side javascript.
I have some web controls on my page, which i want to manipulate without going to the server, that is, from a client-side javascript. I know how to call them with the documents.forms.... but i do not know how to call their methods. For the text box, the method to manipulate it is 'value'. It's a property i think. for the html <select> it is the 'options' array. But for the others, I dont know.My question is the following:I have an infragistics control: the UltraWebTree.This is its code in html: <ignav:ultrawebtree id="UltraWebTree1" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 352p...

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

client side code & server side code
what is the difference between client side coding & server side coding ? when to use client side & server side code? Client side code runs on the user's browser and includes languages such as javascript and vbscript. Server side code runs on the web server and can be written in languages such as ASP.NET, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion etc. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Web resources about - Running javascript client side code from a web server control - asp.net.getting-started

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...