Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0

Dear All
Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it.
But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code.
By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall Framework .net1.0 but I can still see v1.0.3705. So when I run the application, I wonder whether it's run with Framework .net 2.0 or Framework .net 1.1. How can I check?
Regards,
Shelyn
0
ShelynSSL
6/28/2006 12:13:00 PM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1247 Views

Check in you system directory

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\v1.1.4322
So .net framework 2.0 includes .net framework 1.1 [it doesn't matter you uninstall the other version].
I have not much of the information so Just google it for detail.

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47
6/28/2006 1:47:22 PM

I dont know which all versions of OS and IIS will give this to you but I know that if you have windows 2003 and you go into IIS manager and right click on an application, you can choose which version of the framework the application will run in.
Start up IIS Manager
Open up your web site and navigate to your application
right click and choose properties
click on "asp.net" tab
choose which version in the dropdown
This is for windows 2003....and also, I believe the 2.0 framework shoudl run anything that is 1.1....just not the other way around...such that if you coded in 2.0 you might not be able to run it on the 1.1 framework depending on what objects you have used.
Hope this helps,

MajorCats
0
MajorCats