Response.redirect loses session info

Hi - I am running a site which checks available slots on a normal asp.net web site, and then if the user wants to book a slot, redirects them to a page behind SSL where they can enter their Credit Card details.

I use response.redirect to take them to the SSL page (as server.transfer will not show them the padlock etc - so I think this may put people off entering those details) - and I store the information the person was looking for in a session variable.
However, when I response.redirect, the session loses it's information.
Is it correct that sessions only exist in the same application - and so if I response.redirect to another SSL page, in another directory - I can't use sessions?
How else can I keep the data the customer has entered, and pass onto my credit card (behind SSL) page?
Thanks for any help,
0
mtait

Hi there,

if you have http://something, and https://something, they are not the same domain, the session is for each application, so it won't go over from server to server....
You need to look for alternative methods, like storing some of the info in the Cookies or a Database, something that won't loose state when changing domains. At that point it depends of what\when\how you need it... Meaning that you can decide to store certaing part of the information and request the other when you get to your ssl, or you can store everything in cookies (if is to big, I wouldn't recommend it)... Ect.
HTH,
Covo
http://covodev.blogspot.com/

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein
0
covo

Losing session variables after response.redirect
I'm using StateServer to manage my sessions. <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:1702" /> I then set the session values as follows on one page: Session("UserID") = dbReader("UserID")Session("FirstName") = dbReader("FirstName")Response.Redirect("~/member/Default.aspx") When it redirects to the next page, the session values are blank (null). I'm not sure at all what's happening. The IIS settings are fine as well. XP Pro, ASP.NET 2.0, IIS 5. There are too many protential reasons for session loss, and here is a newly post article on this, whi...

session variable gets empty after response.redirect
 Hi,I am not getting why following things happening.. 1. I have declared session variable in global.asax2. Session("postrentattempt") = ""3. In the page load of post rent page I am writing           Session("postrentattempt") = "1"            Response.Redirect("sellerlogin.aspx")  4. Now, in sellerlogin, I am checking if             Session("postrentattempt") =...

losing Session Values with Response.Redirect(NewPath, False)
 Hi All,  I noticed you responded to a similar post to the problem I am having. Basically I have built my own URL rewritting app that accepts a url such as http://www.someserver/com/mypage.aspx?editmode=true an based on this it does some checks (In On Application_beginrequest or global.asax) to see if the user should be logged in or not to access the page. If the user does need to be logged in, it will automatically redirect them to the login page and request that they log in.The trouble I'm having is that on the login.aspx when the user logs in and their credential...

How to Debug Response.Redirect losing session variable, when upload file
HELP! I have a page where users can enter text and optionally upload an image. To upload the image, the page contains an image file upload usercontrol I created. The control displays the image after loading and stores the image information to the database and creates an image ID. Then the user can submit the entire page which just saves the user's text and the image ID to the database. In addition, I create a user account for the user and store their new id in a session variable ("LoginID"). When saved, the page does a response.redirect to the next data input page. Excluding the first pag...

How to get previous page info when i use response.reidrect() for page redirect
 Hi All,         I have two pages like default.aspx and home.aspx.         On default.aspx page i have a button when i click the button then i am using response.redirect         for going on home.aspx.          On home i wanted to get previous page name,url,ip address,project name,username like this.         I tried Request.Urlreferal but it is not working.        So please give me help. Thanks,Pankaj Kumar Singh      &...

getting a new session id and losing session variables
prb: I have two pages in my app - one on redirect and the other as a new window - that get a new session id from every other page in the app (they both get the same session id) and obviously the session state variables are lost and, therefore, the pages do not look like they should.  All pages are within the same domain and virtual directory. 1. a redirect; session variables are lost; session id is different from the previous page; if you click the BACK button you return to the previous page and the session id is the same as before and the session variables are as they should be2. ...

How can I get a Response.Write and Response.Redirect to work one following the other?
I have a button on my webform that needs to perform 2 operations.  First it must open a new window which I usually do like this: sJScript = "<script>window.open('Form01.aspx?ID=0&Parent=5', '', '');</script>"Response.Write(sJScript)Second it must redirect the current page (not the newly opened one).  I usually do that like this:Response.Redirect("Form02.aspx?ID=6")My problem is, in this case, I must do both with one button click and they interfere with each other.  I've tried flushing/ending the response object in various places, re ordering things, etc but n...

Getting Started with Sessions
Hello All,Hopefully someone can help me out with this, its been driving me nuts for a few days now and being new to ASP I'm not sure where to look. Basically I am trying to share some data between 2 pages and for some reason the information is not coming across. - This is programmed in VB, in a code behind page.In page 1's page load event            Session("reportArray") = reportArray            Session("reportCounter") = reportCounter        ...

I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page ( ajax.net)
I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page  (with ajax.net) make sure that your target URL is valied and correct... or the problem might be from your browserRegards...Nassar, RamiMy Blog || E-Mail Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. dear, just paste the code so that we can assist u accordinglyKind Regards,Saurabh Sharmaonly dead fish swim along the flow of river, learn to make yo...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Losing Session after redirect.
Hello everyone.   I am having an issue with a piece of code. Everything else on the site works perfect except for this part.Basically, there is a button on a page that says 'Download images', what this does is compress a list of files and then redirects the user to the .zip file. EDIT: The problem I am having is as soon as the 'Download Images' button is clicked and they are prompted to download the file their session is lost. It does not matter if they download the file or not, as soon as the button is hit the file copy process takes at most 10 seconds and then the ...

Response.Redirect not redirecting
 Hello all, I am trying to use the sample code for testing whether or not a browser accepts cookies (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178194.aspx). Unfortunately, I can not get the cookie test page to redirect back to the original page.  I have stripped away everything but the response.redirect statement and tried firing the cookie test page by itself.  The page loads fine, but won't redirect. Here is my current code: Imports System.WebPartial Class CookieAcceptanceTest    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Sub Page_Load()&...

No response from response.redirect
Hi, my asp.net project has atleast 10 webforms and for navigation the response.redirect was working fine till today. It stopped working in one of the pages but stills fine in the other pages. eg. the CANCEL button loads the previously navigated page. All CANCEL except one are working. I checked the button click event, put labels with messages in them; the labels get posted when the button is clicked; but when i remove the labels and put in the response.redirect("PAGE NAME") it stopped working; i even put the wrong path in the response.redirect, still the errorhandler or any o...

Web resources about - Response.redirect loses session info - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:Abuse response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of current Abuse Response volunteers, or for information on how you can help with the Abuse Response project, please see the volunteers ...

French citizens plan satirical orgy in response to Paris attacks
... readers forwarded along a satirical Facebook event making the rounds in France that roughly translates to “Orgy at Republic Plaza” — a response ...

Grieving husband gives ISIS the best response we’ve seen so far
... However, that’s not the right path to take, and a French man who lost his wife, the mother of his 17-month-old boy, wrote a riveting response ...

A hashtag about why people still use Facebook is trending on Twitter and some of the responses are hilarious ...
The hashtag " IStillFacebookBecause " took over Twitter Wednesday, with nearly 20,000 tweets boosting it into the social network's "trending" ...

Ex-Defense Sec'y Robert Gates on U.S. military response to ISIS
Armed forces around the world are working to coordinate to fight ISIS, but face many challenges

Could France’s response to attacks boost its economy?
France’s President Francois Hollande has declared the country “at war” with Islamic State terrorists – but what are the likely economic consequences? ...

NBA Center Has Hilarious Response To Getting Dunked On Into Eternity
If you can't laugh at yourself, then how can you laugh at anything else?

Mom texts trooper son’s phone after his death — and gets an amazing response
COLORADO A mother mourning her young son is receiving comfort in an unexpected way. KUSA reports that Carole Adler's son, Taylor Thyfault, 21, ...

Yamaha introduces rapid response police bike
Yamaha introduces rapid response police bike

Civil Rights Leaders, Police Differ Over Protest Response
Minneapolis civil rights leaders want restraint, police union seeks crackdown on protesters