question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1

Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1).

1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed.
2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place

Question 2:
The installation for Visualt Studio .NET has one component listed as "Microsoft .Net".
which of the above components i mention above does this correspond to? I want to intall Visual Studio, then apply the 1.1 update, but again, i don't want duplicates..so would like to ideally apply 1.1 to the directory where 1.0 (installed by Visual Studio) reside.
thanks
0
dimension0
11/15/2003 3:16:31 AM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 983 Views

They should be in:

C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.xxxx
where c:\windows is your windows directory
and
v1.1.xxxx is your .net framework version
0
hysaccess
11/15/2003 7:53:07 AM
the thing is...i have Visual Studio .NET 2002.  I installed 1.1 Framework and SDK, but visual Studio does not recognize it...when i go to the about screen, it istill says Microsoft .NET version 1.0XXX
0
dimension0
11/15/2003 7:22:05 PM
Have you tried removing 1.1 Framework and re-applying it ?
0
hysaccess