Question about "[" - "]" mark

Hi all,

When I am reading this article :

http://asp.net/learn/dataaccess/tutorial02cs.aspx?tabid=63

I found most of its class methods are under some "[" and "]" mark. For example :

[CODE]
// What the meaning of this one line below?
[System.ComponentModel.DataObject]
public
class ProductsBLL
{

// And also one line below?
[System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethodAttribute(System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethodType.Select, true)]
public Northwind.ProductsDataTable GetProducts()
{
return Adapter.GetProducts();
}
[/CODE]

I don't understand what is this "[System.ComponentModel.DataObject]" used for? (and also the ones at the top of getProducts() method)

Is there any tutorial for this "[aCharacter]" ?
0
yonscun_lie

it's an attribute, more specifically a DataObjectAttribute.

According to the documentation on MSDN: Use the DataObjectAttribute attribute to identify an object as suitable for use by an ObjectDataSource object. Design-time classes such as the ObjectDataSourceDesigner class use the DataObjectAttribute attribute to present suitable objects to bind to an ObjectDataSource object.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Some punctuation marks get displayed as question marks with Seamonkey
Using Seamonkey, at some web pages five common punctuation marks - the apostrophe, opening and closing single quotes, opening and closing double quotes - display as question marks. Nothing special about these pages. Mainly text with a few images. No frames or other sophisticated features. Netscape 7.2 and Internet Explorer displays all of them properly. Is there some Preference setting that I've overlooked? Thanks, Ray Ray K wrote: > Using Seamonkey, at some web pages five common punctuation marks - the > apostrophe, opening and closing single quotes, opening...

Question about getting started
I've got a question.  I'm trying to put together my first asp.net app and I think I'm a little over my head.  I've got some good experience with desktop applications but it's taking a little while for me to get the concept of asp.Anyway, first I was wondering if a lot of people on this forum have used interland to host their apps.  And if so, how do you create a subdomain?Then I was wondering if you have to create a separate application for each subdomain...Rob Mills First you have to understand the concept of a web application.The best way to start is to read the following ...

A few questions to get me started
Hello all, I've studied DNN and its capabilities and is VERY impressed with the work made by the Core group and others. I want to build a site that forces our users to login initially and the shows several "web views" of programs in different frames. My questions are: Is DNN the correct solution or would you consider it to be overkill? Do I need any other module to enable the single sign-on functionality? Windows Authentication? We probably will store the users in tha AD, but if it's easier we could consider adding users to an SQL server database as well. Could anyone ...

Question Mark to the left of me and Question mark to the right of me
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a column to the aspnet_MemberShip table without breaking it? I would like to add a EmailIsVisible column field but do not know the reprecussions to doing so.. thanks,Erik  There’s my side and there’s your opinion  Adding a column to the existing membership tables will not break anything. But you will have to write custom code to access those fields or else inherit from the existing membership classes and add additional functionality.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Getting started ... some newbie questions
Hello, I'm just starting to learn (or should I say, migrate) to ASP.NET, having been a Classic ASP developer since day one.  So I'm looking forward to using these forums as I'm learning. First question: does anyone have any recommendations for text books or other reference material that is designed to specifically help someone migrating from Classic ASP? Without having any reference material yet, I've just used the tutorials on this site and jumped right in and looked at converting one of my existing pages to ASP.NET.  So I've learnt about master pages, ...

Getting started.... very, very basic questions..
I don't know if i am posting this in the right place or not... I am an information junkie.  I like…need to collect, organize, manage and disseminate information.  That is why I am very anxious to get started with my own webpages.  I am also going to be opening my own non-profit organization in the U.S. aimed at helping the disabled people and orphans get vocational training.  I am usually in China for 3 years at a time so I really need to learn how to take advantage of multimedia in website design. I need to be able to do the following with my website...

Getting Started
Hi, In my code behind environment when typing something private, string or any word that defined in VS or an event ...etc all there words did appear in Blue colour but when going further down in my page all the word that are known to VS appears in black. Eg if I type the first character as "P" it should prompt me to a list of words starting with "P" that I can choose from or if declare a variable or function is not coming in blue colour as it use to be knowing that all my Brackets of my functions and events are opened and closed properly and ...

Just getting started, a few questions
Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the world of ASP.net and development in general. I have been doing basic web design with HTML and some CSS and JavaScript as well as working with PHP and ASP applications. However when it comes down to it I'm a complete novice in web application development. Today I picked up Visual Studio .NET as well as the MSPress "Programming Microsoft ASP.NET" book. I'm very eager to get started and look forward to participating in these forums to learn as much as I can and maybe one day help other people. Right now my main question is what programming lan...

Getting started with Soap question
I have spent the past couple days reading books, web sites, blogs, etc., and while I feel like I am wrapping my head around web services and how SOAP works, I'm still unable to get the key to start the car so to speak.My obsticles I think are mostly in infrastructure and how I go about doing what I need to do.1) I have Visual Web Developer Express (not Visual Studio)2) I am operating on a shared server environment so I do not have shell access. All I would like to do is be able to create a basic aspx page that would retrieve a "hello world" message from a .asmx file. ...

Web resources about - Question about "[" - "]" mark - asp.net.getting-started