Query a query in linq

Hi, I have some code that gets some results:

var GlobalTable = from p as db.table

                            select p;

Now I want to run a query in link on the results stored in GlobalTable. Whats the best way to do this?

keepin' it real in the ATX.
0
bbaxter

Exactly the way you ran the first query:

var GlobalTableSubset = from gt as GlobalTable
                                    select gt;

Hanan Schwartzberg
--------------------
http://www.lionsden.co.il
0
lionscub

Query about Queries
Hello all, As a relatively new user to Sybase I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are getting ready to go live with our database and I am wondering what types of queries I should be running for system performance purposes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry ...

How to query a query...
I'm working on converting an Access DB that I created into an ASP.NET application (and attempting to learn ASP at the same time...). One of my queries was very complex and required running a different query first, and then working off of that one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this in ASP? The following is a sample of code I'm using so you can see the type of data-binding I'm using. Thanks for the help! myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " +"Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/EquipmentCheckout.mdb")) strS...

Query a Query
I have a result set in a query. Is it possible to query this query? (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) Petros -- PETROS GAVRIELIDES wrote: > I have a result set in a query. > Is it possible to query this query? > > (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) There is a generic answer to your question: Yes, there is a construct called a sub-query that allows you, in 1 SQL statement, to query from a query. But, generically speaking, not all DB engines support this construct. For instance, Firebird only added it just over a y...

How to Query A Query
I have been trying to build a crosstab report that reports everydate within a selected range across the top and specific row information. 7/1 7/2 7/3 . . . Name Detail1 Detail2 Detail3 Name Detail1 What I get as output is only the dates that contain information in the rows. I can get the information I need by using a query within a query (nested). Can a nested query be done in Informaker 5? What about version 6 or 7? Thanks for your help Convert your SQL to syntax, and you can write anything you want. So if your DB support...

LinQ: Dynamic Query Where Clause + DataTable linq query
Hi All, I am wondering if you could help me with this...I am quire new to linq and i am trying to construct a dynamic where clause for my linq query now i have been looking all over the web for examples but i cant find anything that seem to work for me... here is my query and i want my where clause to be composed of the following dynamic string returned by the method CreateFilter(): this method builds up my query based on whether a user selected a series of drop down boxes and input data into text boxes or not .i.e it it does an AND or OR depending on what is selected or not selectedI h...

Getting a value from another query to use it in other queries
I have a datasource query in which i take some values.I am using a listbox so that to show these values.I want to select from the listbox and use this value in other queries as a table to choose from.So in other datasource i am trying to use the syntax SelectCommand="SELECT bla FROM '<%DropDownList1.SelectedValue%>' " but it doesnt seem to work.How can I use the table value from the other query in different way or how can i manage this using the command above ?????Thanx  see it is SELECT bla FROM '<% ListBox1.SelectedValue%>'Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,I...

force a Linq-To-Entities query to get all related objects when getting a parent object
All -- Please help. How can one force a Linq-To-Entities query to get all related objects when getting a parent object? Is there a way to set the depth of the query? Please advise. For an example, check below for the code...   public Team.DynamicData01.Business.Entities.TestCoreRecord GetEntity(long targetId){ Team.DynamicData01.Business.Entities.TestCoreRecord myEntity = null;  using (Team.DynamicData01.Business.Entities.NorthwindEntityManager myContext = new Team.DynamicData01.Business.Entities.NorthwindEntityManager()) {  var q = from...

Having trouble querying a query?
I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0 but I'm having trouble combining two queries together. In Access you had to option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option in Infomaker, am I missing something. Thanks from a newbie... IM doesn't have this feature, since it adheres to general Ansi SQL standards. If you show me the Access query, maybe I can give you a workaround. Are you querying an Access DB or a different DB, e.g. Oracle? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your ...

Query and Sub-Queries
I have a SELECT statement that has two sub queries in it. The 'where' clause in the main query filters a TRADE_DATE field, for example: ...... where TRADE_DT >= '2003/01/01' and TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. Since I only have one date field(TRADE_DATE), I want the sub-query to query where TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. But its not working. I have to hard code the '2003/01/31'. Now I know I can make a dynamic view in VB, but an ideas of how I can do it in SQL? Here's my statement: select T.BROKER_SEQ_NO,B.BROKER_NAME,B.B...

Exacute query against query
I have a query which selects all dates from my database between 2 date values which is then entered into my dataset. I thin want to run through the dataset totalling the value of a certain column but only if dates match e.g. 27/02/2007          2.21 27/02/2007          3.10 27/02/2007          2.10                           Tota...

Querying a Queried result...
Hi, is there such a thing as querying a queried result? Example, query 1 produces Result A. Result A's table is stored 'somewhere' to be queried by query 2 which produces Result B If there is, could you kindly direct me to a website with the appropiate article on this topic? Thanks, -Gabian- Yes there is, querying a View is querying a query rewrite. Send me an email the address is in my profile I will send you a Views tutorial I wrote a while back and run a search for query results from View in your BOL(books online) for code samples. Hope this helps. Kind regards, ...

Query Plan Query
We have a sql query that is causing a few issues in terms of performance as the optimisor is choosing to table scan where an index will certainly yield significant gains. As proven when snapshotting the query and adding an index hint manually. Unfortunatley since the query is dynamically created by a 3rd party application, we are unable to influence this with index hints and are dependant on the optimiser. The table that is table scanning is partitioned (has also hust been repartitioned to address a slight inbalance across partitions) and has 7.6M records. It has been recently r...

query runs fine in Query Analyser but not the Query Debugger
I'm running a query, actually its an insert that works when using the TSQL below. However when I try to use the debugger to step through and using the exact same values as those below I get the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification Its Killing me because everything else works, but this. Can somebody help. DECLARE @NoteID INT,-- NULL OUTPUT, @Note_Description NVARCHAR(3000),-- = NULL, @Date DateTime,-- = NULL OUTPUT, @ByWho NVARCHAR(30),-- = NULL, @FK_Action_Performed NVARCHAR(40),...

SQLite query and AS in query
This is my code. {code} q := TSQLQuery.Create(nil); try q.SQLConnection := MainForm.sqlite1; q.SQL.Text := sql; q.Open; finally q.Free; end; {code} And this is my SQL select id as _id, name, note as description from notes q.Fields[0].FieldName is id, it should be _id q.Fields[2].FieldName is note, it should be description Is this normal or am I missing something Grega This is frustrating. I can't work at all. http://pretty-software.com/images/xe4.jpg Edited by: grega loboda on Jun 4, 2013 1:40 AM http://stackoverflow.com/question...

Web resources about - Query a query in linq - asp.net.getting-started

Query - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Qubole Debuts Presto-As-A-Service, Based On Facebook-Created Open-Source Interactive Query System
Facebook announced last November that it would open-source interactive query system Presto , and now cloud big data platform provider Qubole ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.co/TgHECDe5 ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.

Query Strings - Quora
Quora is your best source for knowledge.

A Query A Quest A Quotation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
One of a series of library education posters designed by Peabody Visual Aids in the 1930s and 1940s, which I salvaged from a throw-away pile ...

US to query China on passport maps
The US will raise concerns with China over a new map in Chinese passports which details claims to disputed maritime territory.

Rio Tinto worker sacked after saying 'fk you' to boss over safety query
The Fair Work Commission has answered that burning question: Is it fair to sack someone for saying &quot;*f*ck you&quot; to the boss?

Photos query over student who died in 40m cliff fall
Police are investigating whether a French student who plunged 40 metres off a cliff in the Royal National Park was taking or posing for photographs ...

'Pies query Cloke frees after AFL loss
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley stresses Travis Cloke's lopsided free-kick count was not the No.1 issue after they lost to Richmond by five ...

Socceroos: Ange Postecoglou gets shirty with Tajik official's 'disrespectful' quit query
Socceroo boss Ange Postecoglou bristled, captain Tim Cahill looked bemused, and the Australian press corps could barely surpress their surprise. ...