Hello,

I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.

For achieving this,I follow the following steps-

1.Open the project using the .vbproj file.

2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....."

3.I click "Yes"

4.I assume that the project is now converted.

5.I build the project & try to run it.

6.I get the following error -

Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %>

Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.

Can anyone please help me?

0
himali
6/7/2005 8:47:26 AM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 5199 Views

This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations, including the default namespace settings for the projects, and make sure that they are all the same.

ILDASM or reflector are good tools to check out namespaces, because they show you what you've really got, not what you think that you've got.

Regards

Dave
0
DMW