Please HELP !! Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'HelloWorldobj' for the Imports 'HelloWorldobj' cannot be found. (New ASP.net user)

Hi, i have created a class called "HelloWorldobj.dll". Yes,  i compiled it with VBC.exe. And, no compilation error shown.

I have read an article on teaching people to run custome namespace/classes. It said that we can just create a folder called "bin" inside the web application folder, and put all the classes / calss file inside this "bin" folder.
Then, inside our code, what we need to do is just :
<%@ Import Namespace="HelloWorldobj" %>
But, it can't work here!!! why? Error msg :
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'HelloWorldobj' for the Imports 'HelloWorldobj' cannot be found.
Source Error:
Line 13:
Line 14: Imports ASP
Line 15: Imports HelloWorldobj
Line 16: Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Line 17: Imports System
Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\hotelex\0fa6dfdb\85a29584\dehxro7g.0.vb Line: 15

I have tried it with another dll "Microsoft.Data.Odbc". it works!
<%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data" %>
<%@ Import Namespace = "Microsoft.Data.Odbc" %>

Really don't understand..

Can anyone teach me how to apply own class in ASP.NET?
What should i do or what should i set?
0
jefflim

Did you put the DLL in the application's root /bin folder?
Picky
0
pickyh3d
3/29/2004 2:34:09 AM
Yes, i did. I have created a folder called "bin" inside my application folder.

Or, do u mind to tell me the step of start a new application? such as ,... what setting should do,.. where to configure,.. how,..
and especially those customer class file...
Or anyone can help?
0
jefflim

error BC30466: Namespace or type 'OracleClient' for the Imports 'System.Data.OracleClient' cannot be found
Hi all, i'm a new here. i found that the titled error occurs when i browse the page. following is a part of the source: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OracleClient" %> <script language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(Sender as object, e as eventargs) dim OracleConn as new OracleConnection("Data Source=testdb;UserId=xxx;Password=xxx;") OracleConn.Open() end sub </script> i'm now using the oracle db 8.1.7 and the .net framework v1....

''''''''''''''''''''

Deploy new website - getting error
This works fine on my development machine - I have deployed it to an IIS 6 machine.  I am getting: Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)Source Error: Line 492: private static void ExtractValuesFromBindableControls(IOrderedDictionary values, Control container) Line 493: { Line 494: IBindableControl control = container as IBindableControl; Line 495: if (control != null) Line 496: { IBindableControl ...

'''''

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'UChat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)  suggest the above error   i am having Global.asax file and codebehind Global.asax.cs under App_code folder..in my local system it working fine but  when i copy paste the code in server it showing the error ...  Hi, senthil_os: Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I ...

Namespace or type 'com_amazon_webservices' for the Imports 'com_amazon_webservices' cannot be found.
An example of what I am trying to do is here: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/amazon-web-services-asp-netI am trying to do it w/o VS though So, first I create the proxy...by typing.. C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK>wsdl.exe /l:VB http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl That gives my my AWSECommerceService.vb file for the web service. I then compile that file to get AWSECommerceService.dll, and I place this file in the bin directory of my applicatoin. BUT...the problem I get now...is the following... Server Error in '/' Applicati...

BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found.
Hi, Ok - story so far. I created a web in a single page in WebMatrix. Then I wanted to compile it, so I spilt it into a codebehind and an aspx and at the same time installed VS.Net 2002 and started working in that. The app uses an MXDataGrid (well 4 actually), but when run in the browser comes up with : >BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found. I have added a reference to "Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL", and added imports but it still doesnt work SO, I have created a tiny test app, that does nothing expec...

Compiler Error Message: CS0118: 'System.Web.Caching.Cache' is a 'type' but is used like a 'variable'
What am I missing??????????using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using com.amazon.webservices; using System.Web.Caching; /// <summary> /// Summary description for AmazonWS /// </summary> public class AmazonWS { public AmazonWS() { } public static DataSet AmazonToDataSet(string powersearchstring) { DataSet ds; //is it in the cache? if (Cache[powersearchstring] == null) { //create our query ItemSearchResponse response ...

Got compilation error: BC30561: 'DataSet' is ambiguous, imported from the namespaces or types 'System.Data, DreamweaverCtrls'.
Can anyone can tell me how to fix this??? Please Check the following link for your answer.. http://forums.asp.net/t/991198.aspx-SuganRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from this post(s) ! ...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

'Script' errors when logged in as 'admin' user...help please
Hello all.   For some reason all of a sudden, whenever I log into my DNN site as an admin with editing rights, I get a script error, and I am unable to edit anything. The error:  Line:3Char:1Error: Syntax ErrorCode:0URL: http://www.hitechfox.com/Home/tabid/52/Default.aspx  The error does not appear when you visit the page as a normal user, but only when you log in with editing rights. I have recently updated to the .NET 2.0 Beta framework for some testing on that server with Whidbey 2005...just FYI. Website address: http://www.hitechfox.com Any ideas?   Thanks, ...

PLease Help Compilation Error :CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AspNet' could not be found
Hi all Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; ...

Compiler Error: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC'
Hi All,I'm new to ASP.NET and trying to create a Database application with MS Visual Web Dev 2005. In my project, I wrote a generic abstract class called DataAccessHelper.cs under App_Code folder which handles all the Database related work, so all my WebForm classes can inherit from itand consume its functions. Inside the VWD, when I press F5, it launches the browser with http://localhost:2739 and everything shows up as expected. However, when I try to access it through a regular port 80, I get the followingerror:*********************************************Compiler Error Message: CS0234: T...

VS2005 VB.Net 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System'. Errors.
Hi guys,  I've searched and searched and can't find the fix for this.  I am recieving the max number of errors for my ASP.Net project.  The errors are simply stated as something like the title.  Other ones are: 'DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics'. 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System''CompilierGlobalScopeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilierServices'.'SerializationInfo' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization'  Most of the errors are comming up in files th...

Web resources about - Please HELP !! Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'HelloWorldobj' for the Imports 'HelloWorldobj' cannot be found. (New ASP.net user) - asp.net.getting-started