PING, PING, PING

What's the EASIEST way to code a PING method in .NET?

I want to test if a W2K server is availble on the network in my asp.net application.
Also, does anyone know how to test if a web service is available? (kinda a ping for a site)
0
beh

ping ping ping ping
Are you guys getting pinged to hell tonight also? I must have been pinged thousands of times tonight "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message news:bi69o7$4of$1@news.grc.com... > Are you guys getting pinged to hell tonight also? > I must have been pinged thousands of times tonight It's the Nachia / Welchia worm. "Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bi69rv$4qg$1@news.grc.com... > "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message > news:bi69o7$4of$1@news.grc.com... > > Are you g...

Ping
Frank, what happened to the schedule and inclusions of CAs? Is there any problem preventing us from continuing to process the CAs which are ready for the comments period? -- Regards Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. Jabber: startcom@startcom.org Blog: https://blog.startcom.org On 10/29/2008 11:13 PM, Eddy Nigg: > Frank, what happened to the schedule and inclusions of CAs? Is there any > problem preventing us from continuing to process the CAs which are ready > for the comments period? > BTW, I'd like to propose to cut the comments period to one week, wit...

Ping Robin Keir...ping....ping
Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ??? TIA. -- "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Johannes Niebach wrote: > Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ??? > TIA. As long as you're pinging Robin... Hey Robin, is Neutron still okay? I haven't been able to reach my NTP servers lately from three different PCs. Got any ideas? Greg wrote: > Johannes Niebach wrote: >> Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ??? >> TIA. > > As long as you're pinging Robin... &g...

Ping? ping? helloo?
I'm surfing this "net" thing perfectly well this morning on my XPH system, all browsers work fine (IE7, Opera 9.5.2, FF3.01 under openDNS) except for the login function on one group page which won't load. So to see if they're having trouble I go to ping their server and, indeed, I get timed out. But as I always do I make sure I'm pinging OK by pinging Amazon and/or Novell and/or Microsoft and/or INSERT FAMOUS COMPANY HERE and lo and behold -- every request times out. How can I be surfing verified uncached, brand spanking new page loads, and unable to...

Net::Ping 2.29 udp ping test
The Net::Ping 2.29 and the 510_udp_ping subtest #2 isn't happy in my Cygwin (1.3.22(0.7832)) setup. The test just fails, with no extra information. The box is definitely networked and networking, it's just that the udp ping to 127.0.0.1 isn't working. If I add print "# $!\n"; after the failing test I get # Connection reset by peer -- Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. It is 'dead'." -- Jack Cohen Jarkko: Sorry about that. There was a b...

Mocking Net::Ping's ping method
--089e011845ea1a037504ffe960f5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 I have a module that I've used for a while now. It only mocks Net::Ping's ping method; however, it might be useful to extend it to support more of the methods in the future. Currently it is named Mock::Net::Ping. Should I stick with this name or change it? If you think that I should change it, what name would you recommend? Thanks, Matthew Musgrove aka Mr. Muskrat --089e011845ea1a037504ffe960f5 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D&q...

To reply to ping or not to reply to ping
I heard/read in <http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-313.htm> > So exactly as you say, Tom, it seems to me, it's unfortunate, but if the > end user wants more security, being stealthful, looking like there's > nobody there and not responding to a ping is the way to do that Yah, right Steve Gibson.. #1 Quick quote from Title/Location: dslreports.com -> Forums -> Broadband Tech -> Security -> Security -> What is the danger of posting IP Address(es) online?? the post by DSLR user name Woody79_00 (#1037783) on 2011-06-30 at 13:11:12 Direct URL <...

$dbh->ping() not pinging?
Without the extra ping (see the line following the XXX comment) this program fails on the second "select ..." with "DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at dbitest line 19." Why do I need to ping twice? I am using perl 5.6.1, DBI 1.21 and DBD::mysql 2.1011. I also tried upgrading DBI to 1.32 and DBD::mysql to 2.1022; but it didn't change anything. - ask #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh_cache; sub db_open { ## XXX - add an extra ping so the second ping will work properly! ...

Good Ping, Bad Ping
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Using Bm36ee all patched runs very nice mostly. Recently we moved to a new = ISP and all routes are good but here's the deal: There are static natted hosts inside the bm server, which I can ping just = fine as public IPs (no vpn client), and with a ping packet size of up to = 7500 bytes. But if I load my VPN client (have tried a few, bm 3.7.4 and bm = 3.8.x) and try to ping the hosts (using their private IPs of course), then = the best packet size I get is ...

[ID 20011127.158] Net::Ping not pinging on BSD/OS
This is a bug report for perl from tuc@ttsg.com, generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.6.1. ----------------------------------------------------------------- [Please enter your report here] When trying to use the default example of Net::Ping, it returns nothing : #!/usr/local/bin/perl use Net::Ping; $host="niflheim.ttsg.com"; $p = Net::Ping->new(); print "$host is alive.\n" if $p->ping($host); $p->close(); The machine is quite alive. [Please do not change anything bel...

Ping
Hi, I have been searching a good part of this day for an example of how to ping from ce. I came accross http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ and after figuring out that icmp.dll is now iphlpapi.dll I have had no luck with my attempt to use this api. Any help or pointers i would fully appreciate as my brain is now racked and no longer wants to think :( Matt, following works fine // external functions FUNCTION ulong IcmpCreateFile ( ) LIBRARY "Iphlpapi.dll" FUNCTION ulong IcmpCloseHandle ( ulong handle ) LIBRARY "Iphlpapi.dll" FUNCTION long IcmpSendEcho ( ...

ping
Am I still subscribed? Or has this list mostly died? On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:16:08PM -0700, Rob Bloodgood wrote: > Am I still subscribed? Or has this list mostly died? Are those my only choices? ...

ping
I'd like to show, from the web app, a window displaying the ping time between the client and appeon server (and in general to any server). Is there any solution? Cheers, Marco Hi, You can run the DOS command: ping (ping.exe) using the Run function in PowerBuilder, to display the network speed. For example: run("ping 192.0.0.1") Such kind of code is supported in Appeon. Or, you can also write a DLL using Socket Communication Method to provide ping functionality and then call this DLL in PowerBuilder. Best Regards Gao yongfeng Gao, thank you for the a...

ping
I installed a second server in the network with minimal configuration I mean don�t install anything about web server. I installed and configured the DNS and DHCP and at the console both of them work fine, but when I try to ping to mail.muebleriagonzalez.com instead of 192.168.1.102 the ping respond that the host does not exist. Here is the named console status: Logged in as Server Locator name is [DNS-DHCP.msgzz] Zov: Server obj name read from NCP srvr obj is DNS_NETMAIL.msgzz DNS Server Init complete. Ready to recv data on Port 53 Cache Add Zone: Loaded zone mail.muebler...

Web resources about - PING, PING, PING - asp.net.getting-started

Ping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ping Pong, Anyone? Uberpong Offers Paddles Customized With Facebook, Instagram Images
Ping pong paddles customized with photos from Facebook and Instagram ? All that’s missing are hashtags on the handles. continued… New Career ...

Ping! 1.2 resubmitted - rejected due to software library
Some good and bad news Bad news is Ping! 1.2 has been rejected by Apple on Nov 14 due to a software library we used, developed by the Facebook ...

Yee Ping Frühwein (@pinkyvyp) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Twitter Blog: Twitter + Ping = Discovering More Music
Twitter Blog Twitter + Ping = Discovering More Music 1820149276968425416 Thursday, November 11, 2010 Every day, millions of people use Twitter ...

Pediatric Obesity, Ping-Pong, and Puzzle Pieces
... for the Editor in Chief of Childhood Obesity, but rather important for anybody who knows a kid or has ever been one- Pediatric Obesity, Ping-Pong, ...

Network Analyzer Lite - wifi scanner, ping & net info on the App Store on iTunes
Get Network Analyzer Lite - wifi scanner, ping & net info on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Do not sleep on ping pong table
jurvetson posted a photo: Our MIT Media Lab guide muttered something about the obvious sometimes having to be overt, with signage.

Ping-Pong-a-Thon: Bringing human trafficking to the table
Ping-Pong-a-Thon started with a bunch of mates hoping to raise some money for a rent-boy rescue charity in Thailand. Five years later, it's a ...

Chillingo's Power Ping Pong Is A $5 Game For Those Who Treat Table Tennis Like A Martial Art (You Know ...
When you're really good at ping pong, sometimes you start to feel like a ninja. Look at you, swinging that paddle back and forth, cutting through ...