online help desk system

Hi :) i am new here , and i am waiting for your welcome me .......

i hope you help me in my issue ..

i will build a web application (assingment from my collage) & i choose to work on an online help desk system & i want your help , i want to know

what is the steps that i have to follow to create a web application

if there is any questions i am ready ...

hope you help me ...

Smile

0
optimism

Well first off, you are going to want to have visual studio, or some other development enviroment. You can download visual web developer 2008 and sql express from microsoft for free :).

You are going to need to familiarize yourself with asp.net, sql, and one of the code behind languages (C#, VB.net..). And for personal preference i would recomend looking at AJAX, its good for creating online applications.

Basically you will want to create a nice sql database structure and an intuative interface. All interfaces are different and you can be creative, just dont make things too complicated.

Because visual studio includes a local server to test your project on, there is no need to purchase web hosting or anything like that.

Hope that helps, good luck

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
keyboardcowboy
6/2/2008 7:53:49 PM

 You are welcome to our world. We are here to help, ask us questions that you want. The post before pretty much tell you anything you need to create a web application. You will have fun creating web applications.

Thanks!
Web Killer.

0
bwabouvye
6/2/2008 8:39:16 PM

Many thanks for all of you keyboardcowboy and bwabouvye ...

 i already have visual stdio 2008 and sql express ..

and i will start now working on the database and the interfaces ..(really that what i was think of it )...

 i will keep in touch if there is anything else ..

You all help me ... Good luck :)

0
optimism

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Online Help
Where in the heck do I go to what table in the SQL database to point the online help that goes to the DNN site to my own online help resources? wait for 3.1 before you mess with it...   since most of it is changing for the better Add a value to the HostSettings table for "HelpUrl"... this will take care of the Help button in the control panel at least.  The others can be changed by changing the online help url for each of the modules in the db as well. Scott WillhiteIt is only with the heart that one can see rightly... what is essential is invisible to the eye. ~ Anto...

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

Merge your Live Chat system with your CRM and/or Help Desk system
SigmaLive 1.2 (released 7.16.2006) integrates into SigmaPro Draconis 5.0.  Now you can turn your sales and support live chat sessions into new sales leads or support requests in SigmaPro Draconis 5.0 with the click of a button from the SigmaLive Agent Windows application.  You can also have all off-line messages to your SigmaLive live chat system posted to your SigmaPro projects as well as emailed to you. With SigmaLive 1.2 and SigmaPro 5.0 you have a full CRM and Support system integreated with each other and DotNetNuke. The new SigmaLive Windows client allows you to quic...

Noobie Help
Hi,I'm tyring to build a very simple code sample that does a DB Insert.Here is a code sample I found: HookedOnLINQ db = new HookedOnLINQ("Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=HookedOnLINQ"); // Adding Records – (1) Create a new object and sub-objects, // (2) Add it to the DataContext collection, (3) Call SubmitChanges // (1) Contacts newContact = new Contacts(); newContact.FirstName = "Troy"; newContact.LastName = "Magennis"; // (2) newContact.Orders.Add(newOrder); db.Contacts.Add(newContact); // (3) db.SubmitChan...

help getting started
hi everyone.  I'm new here and new to MySql.  So far I've downloaded and installed (completely I think): My OLE DB MySql Administrator MySql Connector Net 1.0.3 MySql Query Browser MySql Server 4.1 MySqlDriverCS I've setup a couple schemas and tables so far.  However, what I'd like to do is to connect to them in Visual Studio .NET 2003.  I want to both connect using MySql Connector .Net classes and more importantly, I want to see my database on the "Server Explorer" in VS.NET2003.  How do I connect to my MySql instance????  I've tried using the MySql OLED...

Help getting started
Im very new to this whole thing, but i learn fast and already have a decent understanding of what i am doing. What I would like to know is; I have installed webmatrix, and the community starter kit.  I would like to edit the pages of the community starter kit with web matrix so that I can completely customize the layout, pictures and links as Im sure everyone does. The problem is I cannot seem to find the correct page to open with web matrix so that I can visualy see what I am doing.  I dont even know if it is possible to do it, but why wouldnt it be? It would be a great help if...

help getting started
I am new to Visual Studio.  I am a programmer, but I have programmed in php, perl, cgi, java scripting, and asp.  I began programming on Unix and Linux about 15 years ago, and have totally forgotten C and C++.  Which would be the easier to learn ASP.NET VB or C#.  I also would like to know if there are php plugins for .NET and if .NET can only be used on a windows platform.  In other words can we develop on another platform and/or use another platform as the server?  Can we use other databases besides SQL? Thanks for any help. DeeDarlen...

Online Help on .NET
Hi everyone, I'm launching a online help for every one that wants to have a question answered right away. It is a chat room that you can enter and discuss about the .NET Framework. Programmers, Developers, and Architects are welcomed to join it and help our huge community to grow even better. The chat room is called ".NET Online Assistance" and it can be found at http://www.tupter.com . Please let me know what you think about this initiative. Cheers all, Fred MCPD : Enterprise Application FMMCPD Enterprise Application DeveloperMCITP Database Developer Fred...

Help desk system
I'm hoping that this is sufficiently on-topic, if not I apologise. Can anyone recommend a web-based help desk app. for a small software company. MTIA -- Ed. > I'm hoping that this is sufficiently on-topic, if not I apologise. > > Can anyone recommend a web-based help desk app. for a small software > company. Helpspot - www.userscape.com look into the free SharePoint services (not SP-Server!) for Windows 2003 Server and on the MS-page you'll find many templates, one of it is a help-desk template; :-) Thomas Pfister ___________________...

Cannot get any online help
I have just downloaded visual Web Web Developer 2005 Express edition and it will not give me any online help.  Even worse, on the start page, I cannot select any of the options (like Introductory Tour or Other Downloads) and all I get is a help page, telling me I cannot get any online help.  I have checked my settings in Options, Tools and all seems to be as it should.  Have I got a dodgy download, or what ? Just for the record, the same download (nearly 400Mb) also included a special version of MSDN Help Express and SQL Server express. SQL Server is also pretty useless an...

Help getting started
We have a point if sale application running in all our stores using SQLA (7.03) - This is PC based and has been running for several years. We are currently looking at giving the salesperson a hand-held device that contains a 'price-list' for the goods that he can cary around the store. The data for the price list would be a sub-set of the stores database. What tools would I need to do this i.e Whats the best hand-held device for this, Would we need a new development system (we develop in Delphi). Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Mark Delphi al...

Help me getting started
I am new to ssrs, Iam facing the following problem with reportviewer parameter 1) I have a dataset added to the project under app_code which has the following querry select * from emp 2) In the rdlc i have two columns empname,deptid,i have added a parameter called deptid with type as int 3) I have a webpage with reportviewer i have mapped the reportviewer to the rdlc file and datasource 4)on click of a button i want to display emp details from a particular deptid alone , so i added these lines on click of the buttonReportViewer1.ShowReportBody = true; ReportParameter rpt = new Re...

More help getting started
I mapped a network drive on my XP PC (as Administrator) to the folder on the IIS server: \\IISSERVER\Program Files\ASP.NET Starter Kits\ASP.NET TimeTracker (VBSDK) I can open a file in WebMatrix, but I cannot save it.  When I go to the webserver and change the attributes on the folder by removing "Read only" and apply and OK, it does NOT work.  I can immediately go back into properties and see that it is still read only. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bryan...

Web resources about - online help desk system - asp.net.getting-started

Channel Partners Online
VoIP News, Voice over IP, IMS, News and Analysis, Channel Partners

Computer News Middle East Online - Information Technology News, Analysis, Insights and Case Studies
The technology industry is changing. The power and decision makers are shifting. The phrase ‘money talks’ is definitely applicable as CFOs become ...

IT News Online > - Hardware - Software - Gaming - Internet - Telecom - Finance
IT News Online is a News Portal that brings you the latest in the IT Industry. Right from Financial Transactions to the latest Gizmos, IT News ...

Lubbock Online - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
LubbockOnline.com is the website of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal newspaper, providing news, community conversation, advertising, classifieds ...

Online News Heard Now - Online News from around the World
Online News Heard Now Home Editorials Technology Health Business Travel Sports Entertainment Finance Featured Recent About Authors About Us Privacy ...

The Daily News Online: Serving Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties (NY) with local news and events ...
Serving Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties (NY) with local news and events.

X17 Online - Celebrity News - Celebrity Gossip - Celebrity Photos & Pics - Paparazzi Photos of Hollywood ...
... Gossip and Breaking Entertainment News - Star Photos Pictures and Free Videos. Hollywood Rumors Babies and Paparazzi Galleries on X17online.com ...

Online Journalism Blog
Blog covering the latest developments in online journalism, citizen journalism, database journalism, computer assisted reporting, blogging, mobile ...

Online Journalism Blog - Comment, analysis and links covering online journalism and online news, citizen ...
Comment, analysis and links covering online journalism and online news, citizen journalism, blogging, vlogging, photoblogging, podcasts, vodcasts, ...

Talk:History of massively multiplayer online games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Video games , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of video games on Wikipedia. If ...