Non-interactive [non-UI] browser....

We all know you can include a WebBrowser control in a windows forms application to do some pretty neat stuff. I need the same capability for a non-interactive application.....

Been struggling with this for some time...looking for any hists, pointers, ideas. A commercial solution may be viable.
TIA
David.
0
TheCPUWizard

What's a non-interactive, non-UI browser?

What application or user-experience are you trying to create?
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
9/18/2004 6:49:16 PM
The application in question can be considered a type of automated browser. I am under strict NDA and need to be very carefuly about what I post on a board due to IP [Intellectual Property] concerns.

[As an over-simplification] consider a normal web spider. It will request a page, get the response and extract certain information. However these spiders to not do all of the actions that a real browser does. My needs include performing ALL of the actions that a real browser would do except for the rendering of the output into a window, including processing of client side script.
Beingable to use the WebBrowser control from within a non-ui application [such as an NT service] would probably meet my imediate needs but be too "heavy" and might not scale for large multi-threaded use.
I can be reached via private e-mail at david@dynamicconcepts.us if anyone is interested in discussing this further. I am also considering outsourcing this problem, if someone can demonstrate capability [this is NOT a formal offer which would of course be placed in the appropriate forum].

Sincerely,
David V. Corbin
Chief Software Architect
Dynamic Concepts Development Corp.
Sayville, NY 11782
631-244-8487 [8am-8pm EDT]
0
TheCPUWizard
9/18/2004 9:05:23 PM
Is this the same project we're talking about in this thread??
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
9/19/2004 1:07:28 AM
Yes it is the same project, but distinct parts of the code and functions, that is why I posted them as separate threads.

This particular portion can be thought of as a very powerful auto-navigator. Since it will NOT be a desktop app, there will e no user interface and thus the problems with using the webbrowser control.
0
TheCPUWizard

Non interactive interaction
I'm a brand newbie to cpan and relatively inexperienced with perl. I was given some cpan commands to follow for a third party application I'm trying to install/build, but I want to script (bash) these commands as chances are I'll be reinstalling a bunch of times after I screw it up. The module installs are easy (cpan modulename). However, I need to do "o conf commit" and possibly other somewhat similar commands. I can't find anything that explicitly explains how. My investigations reveal that it may be the case that I can use YAML, autocommit, expect and/o...

Process.Start and Non-Interactive Desktop (No GUI)
I have read several articles and posts regarding this subject but I am still stuck.  Here is what I want to do.  I want a web service that starts a process and shows the GUI of that process.  Here is what I know.  I know that the process will start on the server and not the client.  This is exaclty what I want.  I know that the process runs under the ASPNET context by default.  I know that the ASPNET context does not interact with the desktop.  I know that experienced developers are going to recommend I not do this.  I know that 99% of the ti...

Get response from non .net web service
I need to send xml request to web service serveras a HTTP POST requestwith content type of text/xmlthen, i need to save the content of the response which is also text/xml into .xml filehow can i do it in asp.net?please help server URL:http://text.xml.aot.com.au/xml2/ request:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><GetLocationsRequest>  <AgentID>DEMOBB</AgentID>  <Password>fatty2</Password>  <LocationType>T</LocationType>  <LocationCode>413</LocationCode></GetLocationsRequest>...

How to interact with data on server by using a non-browser client?
Hello, I am writing some simple (or so I thought) software on a PDA that will be able to update data on a server as well as retrieve data from the said server. Only catch is I will not be using an internet browser. The program will read data from a text file and automatically update a webpage [at the press of a button]. So when the webpage is accessed again, the new data can be seen. I've research on ASP.NET/VB.NET and all the data-accessing techniques I have seen involve using text fields and buttons on a website to enter and update data. I haven't seen anything function that allows m...

Clicking on a link in email (TB) starts up non-default browser
I am tutoring a blind person, and for her, I use WebbIE as the browser. I also have Firefox installed on her system for my use. I have WebbIE set as the default browser, but when I click on a link in TB, it starts up Firefox every time. I have double-checked to make sure that Firefox is NOT the default, and WebbIE *IS*. I don't know if this is a problem with TB, Firefox, or Windows Vista, but I would like to fix it without uninstalling Firefox. -- Lion Howard Harkness Webmaster & Program Chair, Plano Early Lions Club 214-390-4896 ...

Non Starting
Name: Gavan Smart Email: gavans37atnetspacedotnetdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Non Starting Comments: I am running Win XP SP2 Firefox 2.0.0.14 runs fine, but will not always accept downloaded images. 2.0.0.16 and 2.0.0.17 will not start 3.0 will not load I would like to use the latest version but this is a problem Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the s...

Can anybody get this to work with Netscape or other non Internet Explorer browsers?
Can anybody get this to work with Netscape or other non Internet Explorer browsers?  How? Is the problem because of the development web server? Seems to work fine for me. I tried in Firefox and IE. When I was running the development webserver within 2005, I could not view the page from firefox. I had to install the site on IIS and do it from there. Hope this helps. To get the Club Web Site to display with the correct visuals in Firefox, I added a browserCaps entry to web.config as described here: http://weblogs.asp.net/mrupp/archive/2003/04/03/4789.aspx Jim Henry ...

non
Name: control725 Email: control725atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: non Comments: how i fix this HELP Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

non
Name: cool Email: coolestchampion_at_yahoo.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: non Comments: none Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

.NET Web Service and Non .NET programe
When we develop a web service by VB.NET. Then i use visual basic, Microsoft access, asp. Can these stuff access to my web service ? Means you want to access Webserver developed in VB.NET in ASP application?Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'System.Web.UI.Page.Request.get'
I am trying to write a SSLHelper class. The class is sealed and has static members. I have a property that checks if SSL is enabled in the web.config and if the Page.Request.IsSecureConnection. I am getting the following error - An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'System.Web.UI.Page.Request.get' Here is the get property public static bool IsSSLEnabled { get{if (SYLConfiguration.ReadWebConfiguration.UseHttps){//System.Web.UI.Page p = new System.Web.UI.Page();if(Page.Request.IsSecureConnection){return true;}}return false; } } I could a...

using non .net DLL in .net web application
Is it possible to use a non .NET DLL in a .NET web application ?I have a vb.net web application, and I am thinking of purchasing a pascal DLL to use in it.  I am not sure if its possible, or if there are any downsides?  I really don't want to run anything that could cause any problems or complications.Thanks! mike123 Yes, it's perfectly possible to use non-.NET DLLs. The way to do it is called Interop. If you Google for that, you'll find plenty on it.  just add reference ... compile ....and use...Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps y...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Web resources about - Non-interactive [non-UI] browser.... - asp.net.getting-started