Need Windows Form to Retrieve Information From Web Form - Use Web Service?

I have a cash and carry web site that customers can order products, the next day come in to the company to pay and pickup.
I would like to create a windows application for the company to do two things:
1. download all the orders from the day before
2. upload price changes, product changes, category changes
I've search the internet and forums and the only thing I can find that I think would actually link these two together would be a web service. Can you please tell me if I am heading in the right direction or if there is another method to link the two applications, if there are any pitfalls I should look out for and maybe a good reference site.
Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Angie
ASP.net 2.0(VB)

0
angelajtu
3/10/2007 2:31:24 PM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2026 Views

Hi,
yes indeed, web services is the most used choice in this case. It's used in those scenario's to have the business and data logic separated from the UI layer so you can use any kind of UI technology, like ASP.NET or winforms. In the past Microsoft used to present their sample application football247 for this. I don't know if the DVD's still available to ask for though but you could try to make contact with your local Microsoft community representative.
Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/10/2007 4:16:19 PM

Kris,
 Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction. I'll check with Microsoft for the DVD.
 Thanks Again,
Angie
0
angelajtu