MySql Or MS Access or MS Sql

Hi,

I want to know, that is MS Access or MySql more efficient and why. And i have a confusion.. is MySql db server a free server or we have to buy it to use.
As i think implementing MS Sql server will cost me more, which one of the above is a better solution in that case.
Thanks,
imran.
U and I Solutions,
http://www.uandisolutions.com
0
imran

MySql would be ideal for you since MS Access doesn't provide all the flexibilities of relation database.
Mysql can be downloaded from this <a href="http://dev.mysql.com/downloads">Link<a/>
Hope it helps.
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

and for knowing which connection string to use with each database: www.connectionstrings.com.
Grz, Kris.

XIII

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

from MS Access to MS SQL help!
hi there, i have a website that runs off of MS access, but i feel its time it is out growing it, so i want to move everything to MS SQL, how can i convert my DB (there is about 18 tables, data is not important) and then can i just switch over my data sources on my pages by adding in a line or two of code or do they all require re doing?   JezJeremy HusonSenior Network EngineerCarden Computers - PC Repair Brighton Give the new Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access a spin: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx...

MS SQL Server to MS Access
I have DNN 3.x working with MS SQL Server.  Is there a prescribed way of converting to MS Access?  Currently,  there is no DataProvider for MS Access from DNN Core ...

MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access
Hello...I have one big problem with this kit: my hoster doesn't provide a MS SQL database support so i can't even try this example. It is possible to convert SQL Server database (mdf) to MS Access database (mdb)??  It's not easy to migrate this particular kit over to Access, as it relies on stored procedures, which Access doesn't support.  That means you would have to re-write the DAL at the very least.  You can replicate the basic stored procs as saved queries, but anything that returns a value, or contains any type of control of flow code (such as if... els...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

crate common data access class for sql,mysql,ms access
I am working with three tire architacture now i have to create a common class for sqlclient and ms access database. Now! suppose if you write select query of sqlclient,oracle or ms access than it can be run too and give appropriate output.suppose i have two databases one is mdb and other  is mdf both have table  'a' with same number of field and type too. now i am connect with mdb database and execute like '%' query and i got all records . now i have to change my database only not query and it'll work is it possible???Please Mark as Answer if this helps you.S...

access to mysql and ms sql
hi,   i am not sure if this is the right forum for my question. if not, could someone direct me to the right forum to ask this question. i am making this web form. i have to 2 computers to connect. the first one is computer1 which is ms sql and computer2 is mysql. i am connecting to database dals(table DalsData) in computer1 and database dals(table Statuslog) in computer2. i am using microsoft visual c# .net. what would be the code for the connection. and every page of my webforms connects to these databases. i already have the code in connecting to compute...

MS SQL through MS Access using DBI:ODBC
Hi When connecting an MS SQL database from MS Access it is necessary to use the option dbSeeChanges with db.openrecordset. This is ok when using Visual Basic but is it possible to access the data using DBI:ODBC. Win2000 MS SQL version 7 MS Access 97 perl 5.005 (build 509) W32ODBC.pm,v 10.1 1998/08/14 Thanks. Ian ...

MS MYSQL 7 MS SQL serer question
hey guys   been looking on the web for some hosting anyways finding it hard to find cheap hosting which has either ms sql express or 2005.  Any suggestions for UK hosting? Another question one provider I tried said they use MS MYSQL 7 now is this compatible with the namespaces and standard role/membership that I am using? And slightly off topic I am using standard membership etc.  I was just wondering how to get the users ID from it do I have to use the session variable for the username or is the ID stored as well? if it is the username I need to referance how do I call t...

Paging records in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL
As a Web developer, you should know by now that using the default paging capabilities of ASP.NET Webcontrols like  DataGrid and GridView is NOT recommended, simply because with every roundtrip to the data-server, you get ALL the records ALL of the time. This is fine perhaps for very small databases (the kind, say, a Microsoft programmer would use to develop a new feature), but in the real, ugly world outside, databases tend to have tables with several tenthousands of records. Hence the need for custom paging in a WebControl. Custom paging poses 2 problems : How to get a page of re...

Converting an OLE object from MS Access To MS SQL Server
I'm need to either: 1. access a OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access. 2. convert an OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access to MS SQL Sever. I've been having little luck with either. Any good suggestions or alternatives. Thanks In Advance, Mark S. Hi Ya Mark - I'm still plugging away here at the Access Group. Is your problem that you can't open the object from within Access? If not, perhaps you don't have the right MS software installed. I have had some problems opening Word95 docs that have been saved in Access from my Word97 PC. Is ...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000
With Enterprise Manager, how can I convert a database from MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000 Thanks. Do you have Books Online? There is a topic in there called "Upgrading Databases from SQL Server 7.0 (Copy Database Wizard)" which will tell you how to do it. Terri Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question Create a staging database to deal with issues before moving to the destination database. We still have some 7.0 and 2000 running. The process is test a lot then deploy. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Gift PeddieKind regards,Gift Peddie thanks guys...

Web resources about - MySql Or MS Access or MS Sql - asp.net.getting-started

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Motorists can access up-to-date service station data on fuel prices - The Courier-Mail Search Search
MOTORISTS will be able to access up-to-date information on local petrol prices next year.

Apple starts offering proxy access to give shareholders more power over board of directors
... to nominate to the company’s board of directors. This makes Apple the latest company to adopt what is commonly referred to as “proxy access.” ...

Petrol prices: Consumers to get access to retailers' data under ACCC deal
The consumer watchdog has ended court proceedings against petrol retailers after the information service they agreed to share pricing data with ...

Widespread access problems for EA
Electronic Arts experienced log in and connection issues for many of its titles on Thursday, the video game company said.

(Update) PSA: Steam is giving people access to random accounts, don't log in
... According to multiple Steam users on Twitter and NeoGaf (plus a hands-on report from Kotaku ), a problem with Steam's cache gave users access ...

Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life
Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life

CargillVoice: How a Partnership in Côte d'Ivoire is Providing Farmers with Access to Loans
By the CargillVoice Team A project addressing access to affordable funding for cocoa farmer cooperatives in Côte d’Ivoire, in the cocoa sector, ...

Donald Trump Given Access to RNC Voter Files for Over 200 Million Americans
Donald Trump, a man who has very clearly shown that authority is not becoming of him , was just given one doozy of a responsibility. Read more... ...

Federal judge weighing issue of whether pot bank should have access to nation ...
Federal judge weighing issue of whether pot bank should have access to nation ... Colorado Springs Gazette DENVER - A federal judge will decide ...