multiple user control into a web form (how do I keep the status of each control?)

A user control implements a quiz.
The control has a property (id_question) to choose the different question the user control have to display. The user control have another property, its STATUS (status = 1 mean to show the question, status=2 means to show a message to the user that have answered the question). In the user control there is a button, clicking the button to answer the question cause the control post the form and call a DB and register the answer. During Postback, in page_load method of the user control I change the status from 1 to 2 (from show question to a message for the user).

When the web form is loaded each user control is setted wih status=1 (show the question) and each user control has a different id_question. In postback to the web form the status of user control is not changed.

Suppose we have 2 controls control-1 and control-2

Posting with button in the control-1 causes the changhe of its status from 1 to 2, this in correct. Control-1 shows the message.

The problem:

The web form is loaded with contol-2 then have property status=""  and so it doesn't work because it should have status=1.

0
claudio

You may need show some code here, so people can undersatand clearly.
JimmyM

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

web controls and web user control

Adding multiple user controls to a web page -- Tutorial example involving copyRughtNotice and pageHeader user controls.
Hello: Please help me... I am trying to work through the tutorial example for adding the pageHeader.ascx usr control to a web form that already has a user conrol embedded in it, I followed the instructions verbatim, and, NO PAGE HEADER AT ALL!!!! What am I doing wrong? I really need help on this ASAP!!! Thnx, Carle Eric Giannelli Carle Eric Giannelli Can you post the code at the top of the .ASPX page? Specifically the <%@ parts... http://www.heliosfx.com Sure, The code at the top of the copyRightNotice.aspx page is: <%@ Page Language="VB" %>...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Getting user control' forms all controls ids
Can any one tell me how to get id of all the controls in user controls in javascript through loop. I have used the following :-     var intLength=doc.forms[0].length;  for(i=0;i<intLength;i++)    {        id=doc.forms[0].item(i).id; It is well worked in simple page, but in user control this does not return any control id return only like _viewstate,_arguments like 3 ids while i have panel tables in my forms but does not shows these ids. I m waiting for answers Hi, Instead of referencing the form directly with do...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Multiple user controls in a web form
I have been stuck on this for some time and am desperate for a solution. I run into this all of the time! I will give a over simplified example to illustrate the problem. Say you have 2 user controls on a web form. One for inputing data (like a line item to an order) and one to display the detail data (a data grid with all line items the order). So, you input data into the input form, then click the add button. The from in posted back. Naturally you would want the newly added line to show up in the detail user control when the form is refreshed. The problem is it probably will not. W...

Multiple Web Forms in a User Control
Hello everyone:  I have an application that adds, updates, deletes and display information. I have 5 .aspx pages that are performing these tasks. I need to use the same app over and over for different departments and I was wondering if there was a way to make this 5 paged application a user control so that I can use it for different departments (perheps as a webpart)? Any ideas or suggestions as to how I can accomplish that? Thanks in advance. You might have to create a user control for each.Or, if they are always part of a series that would be appropriate for a wizard, you can creat...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

Web resources about - multiple user control into a web form (how do I keep the status of each control?) - asp.net.getting-started

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported
CNN Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported CNN Kano, Nigeria (CNN) An industrial gas tank exploded in southern ...