Machine.config and web.config

If i have a key named X in my machine.config which equals to the value X and a key named X(same name as the one in the machine.config) in my web.config which equals to the Y.When i use my code to read in the configuration appsettings key.What value will it read in?X or Y?
0
Moose6912

The web.config will override values set in the machine.config. You can also overrride values in each directory of your application (or each file for that mater) by setting <location> tags.
0
Sharbel_

Read info from web.config, machine.config, app.config....
I know how to read info from the web.config, see code:  Protected path As String = "/Framework" Protected config As Configuration = WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(path) How can I read also the data from machine.config and other config files, like the app.configs?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". ...

Machine.config and Web.config
 I want to know list of settings in machine.config which cannot be overridden in web.config.. Thanks a lot in advance  I don't think that this information is specifically listed anywhere, but you can look in machine.config and look for: allowExeDefinition="MachineOnly"If you're running IIS 7 you need to also look at applicationhost.config and overrideModeDefault="Deny"...+++ Rick ---   Rick StrahlWest Wind TechnologiesMaking waves on the Web www.west-wind.com/weblog Thanks for reply can u tell me how can i look my IIS version...

Machine.config and Web.config
Is there a way to get VWD to default to storing DB Connections and provider information in the projects web.config instead of machine.config? When I use the web admin feature it stores everything in the machine.config. The reason I ask this: I am developing the web apps local using my production DB server. I would like to just upload the site to the production server and ahve it work. We host multiple sites and I would like for all the site specific config information to be stored in it's own web.config. I know i could manually set it up in the web.config, but it would be nice to ...

Management of machine.config and machine level web.config
I have several large, 4 node , IIS6, CIFS back end content,  hardware load balanced web clusters used for intranet hosting for a large uk corp, fairly text book shared hosting design, each site runs under a unique AD account, providing a security boundary to other sites on the same server/platform by default in our config, asp.net runs under a custom trust based on medium trust + OLEDB and a few other things, on a fairly regular basis we stumble on a assmebly or app which requires higher trust level, more often than not we, create a new custom trust file the minimum in to ...

Differences between Web.Config and Machine.Config
 Hi All,   I am new to asp.net,pls list "Differences between Web.Config and Machine.Config" or share any urls on the topic.RegardsSriRam    web.config allows you to add configuration settings for a specific website that contains that specific web.config file.  you can additionally create web.config files in specific folders of your website and their setting apply just to that folder and below. machine.config also contains configuration settings, but they apply to the entire machine (all websites) unless a specific web.config has overridden them. &n...

machine.config orverriding web.config?
I've installed a .Net app on a host machine and it's throwing an error. Unfortunately, I can't see the error details (I suspect a connection problem to the database), even though in my root web.config file I have customErrors mode="Off" When I hit the site, I get the default error message about setting customErrors to Off, even though that is the way it's currently set in web.config. Is there any way that the host's machine.config can override web.config? The host has said that they've never hosted any third-party apps before (client's requirement on hosting). I'm thinking ...

How to override machine.config in web.config
I'm trying to override parameter settings in machine.config for the password.format and membership parameters with entries in web.config file. example <membership>        <providers>          <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"  type = "System.Web.Security.SqlMerbershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"   connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"  enablePasswordRetrieval="tr...

Configuring Machine.config and web.config
Hi all... I have a web server which hosts 10 web sites.  I am trying to set global parameters for all of the web sites in the machine.config file: <appSettings><add key="ServerType" value="4"/></appSettings> I have no problem getting this parameter from the application, but when I try to have a web site specific parameter in the web.config file: <appSettings><add key="myParameter" value="myValue"/></appSettings> I receive this error:Config section 'appSettings' already defined. Sections must only appear once per config file. See the hel...

Why web.config does not apply to machine.config
Hi, How web.config file of web applicatin take over machine.config configuration file? I deployed ASP.NET Version:2.0. web application(uses Oracle database) with Viusal Studio 2005 on IIS 6. When I  run the application I get server error  (An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) ...

Web.config and machine.config conflict
We're getting the "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level." error recently. I know what you're going to say, set the virtual directory as an application. We have!Specifically, we have a web site that is an app with numerous virtual directory applications pointing to different projects. And 99.9% of the time there are no issues. But occassionally people get a 500 error and the exception we get back (we use exception publishing) is always this one. It's flagging the <authentication> node as the troublemaker.Any ideas?...

Web.Config/Machine.Config
Hi, When i open or save these 2 files (Web.Config and Machine.Config), this error message comes out : The memory cannot be written. Then, my web application (ASP.NET) cannot be access at all, until i click OK for that error message. May i know what is the problem and how am i going to solve it? Thanks....

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Ajax Handlers, Web.Config, Machine.Config
I have a server with about 50 web applications on it. I would like to enable ASP.NET Ajax on all of them, but I don't want to spend the time manually modifying each and every web.config. Can I simply add the ajax entries to the machine.config instead? And, if so, exactly what are the entries I will need to add? Thanks for your help! Very Interesting ,I wnt to know this if its possible   Swati I cannot believe that no one has contributed to this yet. I was just told that I could add all my AJAX entries web.config within the framework's CONFIG folder instead of adding the entri...

Edite the Web.config , and Machin.config programmatically
Hi guys , Ihave question for you and i tried hardly to find out an answer to this question but it seems that no way , my question is there any way that i can change the web,config , and the Machin.config like add , delete elements or attributes programmatically from a webpage .that was my question is all about i hope it was clear and again forgive my poor language .Actions Speaks Loader than words Guys i'm still waiting for the answers .Actions Speaks Loader than words Hey SpotLight, yes you can accomplish this via the classes in the System.Web.Configuration namespace.  You can...

Web resources about - Machine.config and web.config - asp.net.getting-started

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

PSA: Pre-Thanksgiving one-day sale drops a Steam Machine’s price to $300
Seriously, this is a pretty good one-day deal. (credit: Syber) Valve's "Steam Machine"-certified line of gaming computers ranges from affordable ...

Bringing machine learning to the masses
Big businesses are increasingly recognizing the potential of data science and machine learning. Until recently, however, it hasn't been readily ...

This massive machine is the biggest, heaviest vehicle on land
The is the largest and heaviest vehicle on land. The Bucket-Wheel Excavator is used for continuous coal mining, a process that the machine's ...

L.A. homeless camp sweep turns up machine guns
Homeless man under arrest after five guns, including two M3 "grease guns," as well as ammunition found during foot patrol

Shock rock: Machine uncovers honking 1,111-carat diamond
A specialized sorting machine that uses X-ray technology sniffs out one of the largest diamonds ever discovered.

Why Microsoft’s data chief thinks machine-learning tools are like tailored shirts
When Microsoft's data chief thinks about the future, he sees a world where developers create applications that leverage machine learning and ...

E-Mails Show That Anti-Obesity Group Was Really Just Publicity Machine For Coke
Amid accusations that its Global Energy Balance Network was little more than a Coca-Cola-funded shill using real doctors to downplay the role ...

Elections Time Machine: It's 1991, and ex-Klansman David Duke may become Louisiana's next governor
... this race as a Tossup, and we’ll just need to see how things unfold on Saturday. For all of our posts in the Daily Kos Elections Time Machine ...

One of the Steam Machines is already 40 percent off
Less than two weeks after it hit the market, Syber is already discounting one of its Steam Machines by 40 percent. As part of a "one day only!" ...