Locking Hard Disk

Hi,

Is it possible to write code to lock a hard disk or a Folder contained in a hard Disk. If possible, please how do you do that ?

Please teach me like i'm five years old
0
websyd

Not using ASP.NET for sure.

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
11/6/2008 2:23:23 PM
Create a Windows application using C#/VB.NET that has locking mechanism. Using ASP.NET start this app on given event.

Dev
0
devcalpoly
11/6/2008 2:35:36 PM

I dont think you can achieve this using ASP.NET

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam
11/6/2008 10:33:30 PM

 >Is it possible to write code to lock a hard disk or a Folder contained in a hard Disk.

This looks to be question that should be asked on:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=12&SiteID=1

TATWORTH

how to get start with .NET

Hard disk locking up
Hi, I believe I have a problem with my hardware, possibly in my BIOS settings, but it could be something physically wrong. During normal operation (launching an application, for example), my PC intermittently freezes for 10-30 seconds. Can someone please decipher the following messages from 'dmesg'? Code: -------------------- [ 107.772470] ata1.00: BMDMA stat 0x4 [ 111.435967] ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x0 [ 111.435971] ata1.00: BMDMA stat 0x4 [ 111.435975] ata1.00: failed command: READ DMA [ 111.435983] ata1.00: cmd c...

Getting Start With .net

Get Hard disk serial no.
Hi, I have a requirement, where I need help. We are developing a VB application, where I need to avoid users from misusing the application. So we track the serial no of the hard disk on which he has installed the program. But the issue here is that we are not able to get the actual Harddisk number of the system from where we are running the application. We are making use of an OCX file and try to get the Serial No. This OCX returns the serial no of the hard disk on which the application is developed on. But if the same app is run from a differnt system as an exe, then it returns the sl...

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

How to get Hard Disk identification ???
Help me, I need generate a �nique identification for the workstatiion Thanks Try using the workstation network name, that will be unique and not tied to hardware "Marcelo Pe�ailillo" <linksoft@entelchile.net> wrote in message news:r0usflEh$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Help me, > > I need generate a �nique identification for the workstatiion > > Thanks > > Prueba de coger el n�mero de serie que te da la instrucci�n VOL de sistema como identificador �nico del disco duro. Puede servir-te si lo compruebas al inicio de la aplic...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Get real serial no. for hard disk
Hi all how can I get the real serial no for hard disk, I know there is API function called GetVolumeInformation but I want the real serial no. how can I get it I am using PB11.5 and ASA11 thanks finestraco http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0214.html You will need to change the definition to GetVolumeInformationW instead of GetVolumeInformationA because PB 10+ is Unicode. -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <finestraco> wrote in message news:4c0a...

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Having a hard time getting started with Atlas
I have an existing application, and I am trying to integrate Atlas to do a very simple task. I've installed the msi and updated the web.config file. I'm trying to run a webservice via an atlas call.  The error that I am getting is '"MobilityAjax" is undefined.'  MobilityAjax is the name of the top level namespace.  Please let me know what I am missing. Here is the code that references the webservice: in the head: <atlas:ScriptManager runat="server" ID=scriptManager> <services> <atlas:servicereference Path="~/GetCustomer.asmx" /> </services...

How to get hard disk serial number for NT
For windows 95 and 98, I can use an API call 'GetVolumeInformationA' to get the hard disk number of a local hard-disk. However it does not work for NT 4.0 workstation and servers. The serial number returned is '0000-0000' which is incorrect. Please advice if there is another specific API call for getting serial number from a NT 4.0 workstation. Tilden That function is supposed to work on NT as well. However, the function itself has a bug with regard to reporting the serial number for remote drives. You might want to look at: http://support.microsoft.com...

Web resources about - Locking Hard Disk - asp.net.getting-started

Mode-locking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
s). The basis of the technique is to induce a fixed phase relationship between the longitudinal modes of the laser's resonant cavity . The laser ...

HOAXES: Facebook Is Not Locking Users’ Accounts March 20 For Profanity Or Discussing Religion
Fear not, Facebook users: Starting March 20, you are still more than welcome to discuss religion or use profanity to your heart’s content, although ...

End Region Locking (@EndRegionLock) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here End Region Locking @ EndRegionLock ...

Diferencial Torsen (Autoblocante) / Self-locking Torsen Differential - YouTube
Diferencial tipo TorSen de puente trasero Hecho en Autodesk Inventor 2009. Vean el remake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2KYO3cBgg&feature=watch_response ...

Teenager thwarts alleged car theft by locking himself in mother's BMW
Police have charged a man who allegedly tried to steal a Perth mum's BMW as her 17-year-old son sat in the passenger seat.

Locking in on space junk
Alan Kohler speaks to Dr Ben Greene, chief executive of Electro Optic Systems, an Australian company generating revenue from interstellar debris. ...

Locking in a fixed rate loan might be a smart move
Even though the Reserve Bank hasn't cut official interest rates since February, the cost of borrowing with fixed-rate home loans continues to ...

Cyber raiders hold Queensland firms to $3000 ransom by locking computer files
ALMOST 30 Australian businesses, including 12 in Queensland, have been held to ransom in the past week by cybercriminals who lock up their computer ...

Locking up suburbs not housing answer
The year 2050 may seem a long way off, but in planning terms it is not.

Lip-locking fun at celebrity spring break
Coachella is one of the world's largest festivals, and it's also the festival of choice for celebrities to go and let their hair down.