Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net

When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above.

It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down.
I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed.
I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1.
This is driving me feckin barmy.
0
twids_69

"Get Mail" vs "Get All New Messages"
I have a few different email accounts set up in Thunderbird, and I'm using the unified view to view them. Recently, I noticed that the "Get Mail" button seems to only retrieve email for the first account (sometimes?). I'd like to click on that button and retrieve email for all of the accounts. I can get the behavior that I want consistently if I pull down the menu for "Get Mail" and select "Get All New Messages", but I'd prefer to get that in a single click if possible. I tried starting from scratch and recreating my profile, but I st...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

Unable to get the project file from the web server
Hello, I had the Commerce kit installed on my machine and working for a while. After uninstalling it using Add and Remove program, I installed it again and now the solution would not open in Visual Studio .net. I get an error saying "Unable to get the project file from the web server" Anyone know what is happening and how I can fix this? Other project that I have on my machine are opening fine. Anyone else have this problem? I cant get it to work, today I re-installed VS.net but am having the same problem. I even tried installing into a different folder but no ...

Unable to get "New View" in Views node of Data Connections in VS .Net 2003
Hi i am trying to create a "new view" from VS .Net 2003. The MSDN article at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchDesignTimeDataToolsInVisualStudioNET.asp    gives the procedure to do that as "Right-click the Views node, then click New View on the shortcut menu." But my problem is that i don't get that New View in the shortcut menu of the Views node in "Data Connections". I am already connected to sqlserver on the local machine. Any help here to create a "new view" from VS .Net 2003 would be appreciated.Thanks any ideas...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Feature Request: "Get Extensions" and "Get Themes"
I think that when you click on the "Get Extensions" or "Get Themes" links, it should open depending on your default window-opening behavior. For example, all new windows for me open up in new tabs. However, when I click the "Get" links, they always open in new windows. I can't even find an extension to do this. How hard would this be to incorporate natively? ...

Getting a "Unable to start debugging on the web server" error
I've installed Visual Studio 2008 Pro on my 64-bit Vista Ultimate machine.  I setup IIS before installing VS 2008.  I've just started creating a new ASP.NET 3.5 project on this machine, at this point with only 1 .aspx page, and one .htm page for basic HTML display (nothing at all fancy there).  When I went to hit the F5 key to start debugging it, after it went and setup the necessary configuration information in the Web.Config file, it then gave me the following error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server.  the web server is not configured co...

Should I get an upgrade version or "regular" version of VS .NET?
I'm eligible for an upgrade version of VS .NET because we own a license for VS6. Obviously, the upgrade version is cheaper. In trying to decide which to get, I have a few questions: 1-Do I need to have VS6 installed on the PC on which I install VS .NET? 2-Will I still be able to use VS6 to support existing VS6 developed applications? In other words, will I still be able to use VS6 and VS .NET separately? 3-Is there any advantage or disadvantage to getting one version or the other (upgrade vs. regular)? Any other input or comments greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time....

Unable to use "GROUP BY" clause
This is my "SELECT" statementstrSQL = "SELECT tblType.TypeID, tblType.Material_Type, tblProducts.TypeID, tblProducts.MfctID FROM tblType INNER JOIN tblProducts ON tblType.TypeID = tblProducts.TypeID WHERE tblProducts.MfctID = " & ddlManufacture.SelectedValue() & " ORDER BY tblType.Material_Type"And I want to be able to use the GROUP BY clause to organize the material types by name.I have multiple products of the same material type and I don't want to have the material names to be repeated 20 times over.yet everytime I add:GROUP BY tblType.Material_TypeORGROUP BY tblType.TypeIDI get t...

Started getting a "Unable to establish secure connection with the server" error
I've been working on revising this ASP.NET 2.0 app for the last couple of days.  We've got Windows XP Professional PCs with SP2 installed, and we do our development on those machines.  Yesterday I was working on some of the .aspx pages, saved the changes and ran them, and everything was just fine.  It worked perfectly.  I authenticated against our Active Directory just fine.  However, today when I tried to test it some more I got the following error message, "Unable to establish secure connection with the server" and it highlights the type attribute...

vb.net get FirstName, LastName using "userprofileservice.asmx"
  Dear All, I am new for vb.net. and I was trying this link and its work well http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=28 Is that possible to use (Web references) http://serverxxx/_vti_bin/userprofileservice.asmx?wsdl and get FirstName, LastName, Office, Email... from Active Directory as well. I am using Infopath to get those details, But wanna try using vb.net to do that. Thanks Lasantha...

Getting a "Unable to start debugging on the web server" error on Vista
I've installed Windows Vista Ultimate on one of my home PCs.  Then I installed IIS.  Afterwards I've installed Visual Studio 2005.  I want to have a simple web site which I'll use in my home network.  I then created a simple ASP.NET 2,0 website, for testing purposes.  But when I tried to debug it, in VS 2005, I got the following error message: Unable to start debugging on the web server.  Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled. I don't remember getting this error on Windows XP.  I do not know how to ena...

how to get date in "dd/mm/yyyy" using C#.net?

Web resources about - Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net - asp.net.getting-started